Jenni's diary: Given up chocolate!

Well, that lasted long :rolleyes:
I just need to stop eating chocolate and bacon sandwiches, and I'll be fine :rolleyes:

REALLY need to lose some weight, I'm almost overweight again :eek:

Been to my second counselling session today, even Jon noticed I was different after (couldn't describe it though, lol :p)

Saw Friday 13th today, it was disgusting! Quite a good film if you like that sort of thing, but I'm not into scary stuff really :rolleyes:

xx

Don't blame you - I don't like slasher films either.

Good luck with getting back on track. Bacon is fine on low carb just not in butties ;)

Meh, I don't know if I'm cut out for this dieting lark :cool:

Had an STS this week thankfully, but next week isn't looking good :(

Just can't get into it!

xx

Meh, I don't know if I'm cut out for this dieting lark :cool:

Had an STS this week thankfully, but next week isn't looking good :(

Just can't get into it!

xx

...and that will become a self-fulfilling prophecy you do know that don't you!!! If you think you are going to blow it next week because you have some events coming up then you will just say "to heck with it" at other times too. You can eat out/go out and still be ok....low point stir frys or soups as your mainstay and then just whatever when you go out.

Glad your counselling session went well - it will make a huge difference I am sure.

Sending you loads of strong positive, chocolate resisting vibes for next week. xx

Jenni time to focus and you know you can. Just go with points or core if low carb doesn't suit. You are not going to gain it back we're standing with you to ensure that doesn't happen.

M

I think your vibes have worked Rosie, so far today I haven't had much chocolate and WON'T have any more.

Thankfully at work they don't let us have hot chocolate any more! So that saved me about 5 points yesterday.

Feeling slightly more optimistic now :) thanks girls.
I swear I'd be 12 stone by now if it wasn't for Minis :rolleyes:

xx

Get that pic of you in that fabulous dress with the belt on (the one I was outvoted on) and place it anywhere you might be tempted to eat - does anything taste as good as that looks????Not a chance - and if it does, then eat away - cos it will be fab!

Glad you are feeling more in control. have a great weekend. xx

Yesterday wasn't bad, today has been pretty terrible though. I need to get a handle on my comfort eating, I really do, or I'm never going to stay slim.

Been up and down all week, decided I'm coming off the pill since I've technically been on it 3 months, Cilest wasn't hugely better than Microgynon TBH :(

Blah, I'm just having a bad day. Had a terrible day OCD-wise yesterday, everything had to be symmetrical, arms, fingers, legs, where I wouldn't normally be bothered. I think Jon was getting slightly freaked when I had to change what side of him I was sitting on every 10 mins :rolleyes:

I have an assessment on the 16th (a fortnight tomorrow!) so I'm hoping something good will come of that :) if nothing else, just getting on the waiting list for CBT :rolleyes:

xx

Sorry to hear you're struggling with your ocd at present hon. You might want to aim to maintain rather than lose at present while you're starting with your talking therapy.

I'd echo M's suggestion and say you might want to consider core for a while - that way you're not counting points and you're building the things you eat round a foundation of healthy foods.

On the slightly plus side, I am remembering to do some ab exercises almost every day, and I'm actually (almost) happier with my figure now than when I was 9 stone :rolleyes: because my stomach is DEFINITELY flatter and less wobbly!

I suppose it's a little motivation to get to 9 stone again, because I do I'll look even fabber than last time :D

I think I'm going to aim to maintain for a week or two, then start slowly losing again. :)

xx

Well, I've updated my ticker to show the catastrophic gain I've had over the past few weeks! (all 10lbs of it :eek:)

Still, it's onwards and downwards from here, that IS going to be the highest it goes. Grr. :p

I've been doing better (not great, but better) on the chocolate front. Helped by the fact that they don't sell Aeros at school anymore ;)

One of my friends is going on a strict diet (ooh er) next week, so I'm joining him in the hope that when I go on Easter camp I won't be the biggest one there ;)

On the moods/OCD side, things are improving since I've been off the pill for 11 days now. :)

Jon passed his driving test today, yay :) And my coursework is almost done which is a HUGE 4000-word load off my mind :)

x

Well done to Jon on passing his test - freedom here we come! Snogging in the back seat of a car - oh, them were the days!!!

Good that you have got your ticker updated so that you can see it come down again - it just depresses you seeing what you were rather than just getting on with the job in hand

I think you are right with the toning exercises. They make a massive difference to your shape and even when slightly heavier you look a lot lighter - I think posture has a big part to play as well.

fingers crossed for your assessment on the 16th. It must be an odd thing to live with, your symmetry problem. xx

fingers crossed for your assessment on the 16th. It must be an odd thing to live with, your symmetry problem. xx

I think 'odd' sums it up pretty well! I was reading more about OCD the other day, and apparently the variety I have, has crossovers with Tourette syndrome, because the compulsions are a bit like a tic.

But don't worry ladies, I'm not the obscene type :rolleyes: lol.

x

Hope you don't think I am a cheeky thing! I am just really curious about things and I don't know anything about ocd - although reckon my OH suffers from a tidy version of it!!!

I think, TBH, most people have obsessive tendencies, its just when it interferes and causes anxiety that it becomes a disorder.
It takes me ages to walk anywhere :rolleyes:

x

Been relatively good today :)

Had rice krispies for breakfast with sugar :p
McDs grilled chicken salad for lunch (accompanied by a mcflurry ;))
Had 2 hot cross buns when I came in and I'm I'm having Quorn spaghetti bolognese for tea.

So compared to the last week, not too bad :)
Managed to not snack too much which is pretty impressive.

xx

Back