Jenni's diary: Given up chocolate!

It's for the water! It's just not right when you're drinking clear 'summer fruits' water :confused:
That and jelly :drool:

OK, so, day 2 is almost over - still have a shake left, just had my second one :)

I had bouillon last night - rather too much, oops :eek: but I made up for it with an extra 1.5L of water :eek: so I'm sure all is well.

Today, had a tiny nibble of cheese but I'm OK with that. Had 3.5L water so far and shall try for 5L again, same as yesterday. I'm really surprised how well the water's going down, even without water flavourings :eek:

Went to the bar this evening with the rifle club, I sat there very saintlike with my water and even resisted the nachos placed in front of me ;) I'm VERY good at resisting carbs, just not so great at protein or 'allowed' stuff.

Still, I'm not going majorly off plan and it jsut makes it bearable ;) I don't plan it, but I'm sensible about it too. It's not like binging on a loaf of bread, it's nibbling at some cheese ;) and even then I barely had any (we're talking 2 gratings!) because cheese has too much in the way of carbs as far as I'm concerned.

Last time I turned down a chicken kebab because I considered 2g of carbs to be too much ;) look at me! :p

Anyway, ramble over. I'm still waiting for my stomach to register that I've eaten that shake! :(

hope your stomach catches up soon hun :)

Hi Hun

Well done on completing day 2 and good luck, I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be by Xmas xx

I think it's perfectly acceptable to cheat a tiny bit if won't knock you out of ketosis. If it makes it more bearable you're more likely to last out in the long run and I seriously doubt it'll do your weight loss any harm. I mean Atkins works with cheese and chicken etc.

Yeah, that's the way I see it. Last time I ate two hotdogs, and I'm sure the collective calories and carbs of a few nibbles will be less than that :eek: and I still managed to lose 7lbs :p

And I'm sure I'm drinking more than I did last time too. Hoping for a good loss this week! :)

Day 3 today - think ketosis must be kicking in because I have such a massive grin on my face for NO reason :D feeling very pleased with myself for some reason, haha. Not complaining!

I am positively glowing today :D lovely.

Just had a black coffee, was craving something a little more than water ;)

Really need to go have my last shake but can't be bothered :p shall go in a bit.

Hey Jenni, first few days over with now so your off to a flying start :)

Well, somehow it's 2pm and I'm not particularly hungry. The K fairy has definitely paid a visit - lovely! Going to NOT break it as (I imagine) it's harder to get BACK into than to GET into in the first place.

Sat looking at my water bottle. Dunno if I'll get 5L down me today (icky icky train toilets, yuck :yuk:) but I shall still try.
I have my first 'trial' tonight - it's BOGOF night at Jon's union and everyone always gets pretty wasted. I shan't touch a drop! Water all the way for me, though I may have a cheeky coke zero IF they have it in bottles - not draught.

It's amazing how untempted I am. Apart from those little nibbles and the bouillon, I've been saintlike! Suppose I've got the determination this time.
I'm meeting with my mum for a concert next Saturday and he suggested going out for lunch beforehand - I protested that the cheapest train got in half an hour before the performance so I'd eat on the train - phew, disaster averted. She's still saying to go for a coffee in between performances - suppose I'll have a lovely black americano :D and I'll *have* to take a chicken salad for tea otherwise she'll be all 'why aren't you eating?'

NOT telling her. Waiting for her/my dads faces when I turn up 2 stone lighter :D

Last edited:
Well done on making it to Ketosis and sounding so very cheerful about the whole thing - you are going to be fine sticking with this till you get to your goal.

you seem to be planning ahead on how to deal with different situations which is always good - more likely to stay with it.

5Litres of water :eek::eek::eek::eek: I thought getting 3 or 4 down was a major triumph.....brilliant. xx

Yup... I've had 4.5L today and I'm feeling a lil bit thirsty :eek:

So, it's the long awaited first WI tomorrow (today :rolleyes:) and I'm hoping for 7lbs, that would take me nicely into the 10s. I've been drooling over the recipes in the Cambridge book today :rolleyes: oh dear!
I'll probably make Saturday my starting day for SS+, might as well.

Seriously cannot wait for my WI - hopefully it'll be as good as I expect :D should really be off to bed, I have 9am lectures!

xx

I hope your weigh in is a good one my dear and that it reflects your saint like ways :D xxx

Heh, 'saint like' maybe not, but 'pretty good' I suppose :D

There has been SO MUCH PIZZA floating around the past few days, that's the one thing I don't miss about conventional student life :rolleyes: dieting is EASY at Imperial, but if I had to live at Staffs I don't think I could :eek:

We went to the union tonight for pool and drinks (me with my water and a black coffee) and the pizza buffet was on :eek: I ate a few bits of pepperoni but completely resisted actual pizza and even the cheese :eek: so not bad overall.

The fire alarm went off FOUR time on Friday night :( 3am, 5am, 6am, 7am :( slept in until 2pm on Saturday and midday Sunday so it's 2am and I'm not tired! Sigh.

I loved Uni soo much and would love to go back to halls except for those blinking fire alarms. You poor thing. I hope they don't keep you up all through the night. Well done on being so restrained with the pizza. Good work you. x x x

Hey babe, found you! :)

Looking forward to reading about your weigh in, good luck!!! xx

Good luck with the weigh in hun, can't wait to hear how you got on!

8lbs! :eek: I'm pretty pleased with that :D
I reckon it's all that water, but my CDC thinks I should cut down a bit so I'm going to try 4L a day now.

I have water flavouring (summer berry) so I shall make myself some jelly sometime this week :D mmmm.

It's certainly made me more determined to stay on track, anyway - I had bought myself a can of coke zero to celebrate but don't really fancy it now :p

8lbs!! Well done! That makes me really want to do it but I can't afford it and I probably wouldn't be able to stay on it for more than a couple of weeks, then put the weight back on :p Can you see a difference in your body or clothes yet?

Back