Jenni's JibberJabber

Hi Jenni and welcome back hun

We have different eating problems here, so share as much or little as you want :) Boredom is a big issue for me - also laziness and an abiding love for red wine oops :)

Hi Jenni, welcome back, the nice thing about Atkins is all the things you can eat love, check out the recipe thread. The other thing I think is to make sure you have lots of legal snacks in for when you get the "munchies"

Hey everyone, thanks for you encouragement and suggestions! I will be stocking up on snacks tomorrow :).

I had my first official weigh in, after 2 weeks on induction ( not clean, as I had that major slip up!)

Down 9.5 lbs. :)

I've decided to give induction another two weeks, track every carb, eat my veggies and see where I stand.

Any suggestions for quick and legal snacks to have around?

Morning Jenni, that's a good start love. I stayed on induction for 6 months, but I had a lot to lose.

I snacked on Pork Scratchings and those skinny salaimi sticks, slim jim's are they?

Morning Jenni ... welcome back and WELL DONE!!

A great and encouraging start on your journey! xx

Well done Jenni, that's a fab loss!

Snacks - I like the skinny salami sticks too, or roast beef and cheese slice roll ups are really filling. If you're in a cooking mood, make up home made burgers (with chilli or curry or herb flavourings - or all three :D) and keep some in the fridge to nibble on.

Well done - great start:D

My really easy (read lazy) snacks are pork crackling and little cheeses (cheddar bites). Also used to eat lots of the mini pepperami but dont anymore.

Those are great suggestions. Going to Tesco to stock up tomorrow.
I wish I could say this has been going well...but it hasn't. I don't know why I am having such a hard time I am finding old habits are nearly impossible to break. Late night tv, bottle of wine...aargh!!!

Once I get my daughter down for sleep, and hubby comes home, it's like the easiest most comforting thing ever. Its hard to plan something else because my husband works long hours and we never know what his schedule is going to be. I can't really plan something for just myself because I can't go off anywhere at that time, (would need a sitter on stand-by)

Just a bit of venting! Sorry don't mean to be so negative, I am just wanting immediate results with minimal effort.

Morning Jenni, it can be hard if you can't get into a routine, and that may be difficult for you given your hubby's work patterns love

Yeah Jim, i think starting and sticking to a routine may make things easier for me. Its hard, but I actually spoke to my husband about that and we've come up with a plan for meals and cooking. I spent the day cooking up a storm and put a lot of effort into planning ahead. Yummy meatballs cooked in slow cooker and also made jalapeño egg/cheese snacks.

I think I will post my menus for a bit here. That worked the first time around for me.

Last edited:
Morning Jenni, i used to sit and plan what i was going to eat for the next week on a Friday night, Colleen would sit with me and tip in with her suggestions, then we'd go shopping on Saturday morning and buy what we needed, so I was never short of something legal.

Back