Jennys Dukan Diary

Family have gone home and I survived the whole visit with no wine...no chocolate.. diets meals only and a trip to the cinema with only water. God Im really struggling to keep this up. They have gone and my house has biscuits cake and chocolate in it. God I want to eat it!!!

Go and have a big dukan friendly meal before you tackle the clean up!! It's like shopping on an empty stomach: far too tempting! :)

Stay strong Jenny! You are doing great on the plan! I hope the fighting is over and your relationship is ok - I remember having some serious mood swings on attack the first time and being really hostile. (I'm on anti-depressants now which seems to have sorted that piece :) )

For the left overs, bag them and bin them after having a good Dukan meal and while chewing a piece of gum. I have also sprayed air freshener over them before coming in the kitchen - leaves a nasty taste in your mouth if you succumb :)

As added incentive, once you have gotten rid of the sugar from your diet during attack, the super strong sugar in the chocolates and cakes will probably give you a headache, make you nauseous, and not be near as good as you remember them.

For the fruit side of life - sugar free jello and fruity diet drink mixes are my savior. I also now love having dishes with grape tomatoes, rhubarb, butternut squash, and cucumbers on my PV days which feel similar to fruit

Great advice, sander! And you reminded me of one of my all time favorite desserts: pumpkin pudding! Steamed or boiled and mashed pumpkin with a little bit of quark and sweetener and cinnamon. Can't really miss fruit when those kinds of things are available. And in china, cherry tomatoes are considered a fruit! I used to find them on birthday cakes all the time, arranged with the strawberries and kiwi fruit slices :)

The left over rubbish food has to stay in the house for the bf and kids. So it just looks at me. Bf has lost 10lbs doing nothing but a new job (one his feet more) still eating crap and drinking alcohol. Men!!!

Aaah, that does make it harder. So I guess the next best option is to make sure you've got plenty of proteins and dukan snacks in the fridge at all times, so you can resist. One of the reasons I love dukan so much is that ketosis gets rids of the cravings. I ended up with a drawer full of chocolates and biscuits at the office as people were always sharing snacks, but I never had any urge to climb into them. Show me another diet that gives you so much control over your life!

Decided I cant do this diet long term. Just cant do it. Im going to still cut the carbs and low fat but I dont want to be so strict so going to come out of ketosis and hope I dont put weight on x thanks for all your help and support x

Awwww Jenny sorry to hear that xxx But Dukan doesn't suit everyone. Its just finding 'the one' xxx

Just the thought of eating this way for 2 years just to get through conso. I know I need to lower carb for my pcos but i need to be able to get on and off every so often without having to break in and out of ketosis. Think im going to try something simular to south beach. They allow small servings of fruit after 2 weeks and veg all days. Even if its slower think id prefer to eat fruit and veg in my life. Ive got along way to go cant stop living life for all of it x hats off to all that can make it. X

I completely understand how it must feel to have such a long journey ahead of you, jenny. I think the only way you can do it is to break it up into mini goals, maybe 2 or 3 months at a time, and then take a break for a week or 2? Many of that have done that on dukan, relaxing the rules while on holiday, and then picking things back up when we get back.

But there are many ways to tackle this, and you need to find something that works for you. I never did conso, to be honest, and I switched onto paleo at that stage of the diet: sticking mainly to proteins and veg, adding fruits, nuts and healthy oils, which worked well for me. Unfortunately I slipped up later by overdoing the sugar and alcohol, but that's another story :)

I don't know about south beach so can't recommend it, but I'm happy to send you some links about paleo if you PM me.

Cx

Good luck with whatever plan you decided to follow. When I started Duken I had 84lbs to loss and it seemed like a life time away I've only got 23lbs to go to goal now but it's not been an easy diet best of luck xx

Well had a bad day feeling sorry for myself and i had a binge. Now feel very sick and it was only a slight binge in my history of eating rubish. Dont like the feeling at all. Stupid me!

Aww - Jenny sorry to hear that you are feeling down -cruising for more than a year is quite a haul. I think that South Beach could work well for you - I have done it and had success - my conso plan is pretty much South Beach. Additionally, South Beach is something that the kids can follow easily, so it would be a good way to model good eating habits and will be better for long term health. Give it a go and see if it is something that you can manage.

Food yesterday.... fat free greek yogurt.... half a jar of nutella...bourbon biscuits..(about half a packet)... popcorn in the cinema.....

Weight this morning 19st 9lbs ....
Hmmm best not get too comfy im sure weight will come on

Well relationship is over and now the task of sorting finances back to a single person. God nightmare!!!

Oh noooo. What a time you're having, Jenny! I'd have worked my way through 5 Nutella jars by now.

I can't do much but send you tons of good wishes and positive vibes through cyber space, and say that everyone at minimins is here for you.

Hang in there and keep posting cxx

Keep strong xxx

Well i had no food all day sorting housing benefit etc and borrowing money from family to sort out paying my rent....the n i went to my friends for tea with the kids. We had chippy. I had a small chicken kebab with salad no bread. Off diet again but trying a bit to make best choice in circumstances

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Jenny for making a good choice at the chippy. Don't give up, you've done really well so far on dukan. xxx

Back