Jenny's Honesty Thread

I've stuck to my plan for the past couple of days. To be honest its been mainly cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch and curry for tea... Little in the way of snacking, but that is down to sheer cannot-be-bothered-to-get-food rather than motivation, but I suppose everything that way helps!

I've had some relationship things to deal with. I'm not quite done in my head yet, just stuck at that horrible "what the hell do I do" stage. It's made me realise that I am an "emotional eater"...

Just tucking into my oatsosimple for breakfast now, I have chicken leek and potato soup for lunch, and bacon and mushroom risotto for tea. :)

I think you are probably right there :)

I stuck to it like a trooper yesterday. There was even birthday cake for Sue at work, and I said no thank you. What the 'eck? I have NEVER refused a piece of cake before...

Today, my head is a bit all over the place. All was rosey yesterday about 8pm, the fella had invited me over for tea and said I didn't have to cook and that it was a surprise, and there was no pudding cos he didnt know what to get that was within my plan, so if I wanted to, to get something on the way over...
Then by 12 last night we're pretty much daggers at dawn with each other and I'm not entirely sure why to be honest.
But, its not buggering up my healthy eating plan. I am in control of that, not him. So I have had poached eggs on toast for breakfast, and cos my tummy was still rumbly, a second round of toast. So thats 340 for this morning.
Im allowing myself a curly wurly later at 125. I have no idea whats going to happen today, so we'll play it by ear. A stupid argument with the bloke is NOT Going to make me cave tho

Any idea what might've started the argument? Sounds like it might've been him trying to be helpful and you trying to be self-sufficient (I know I always get deeply offended when people're trying to help me out LOL).

hehe, I see what you mean...
I dont know.. I think I'm gonna go and see him today and sort stuff out. I dont like bad feelings going overnight. :)

But, its not buggering up my healthy eating plan. I am in control of that, not him ... A stupid argument with the bloke is NOT Going to make me cave tho

Woohoo, good for you Jen! That's a great attitude to have. I know I've used all sorts of upsets as an excuse to pig out in the past, it can be so easy to do but it never does make me feel better in the long run.

Well done for resisting the cake, too. :)

Christ, I had to do some trawling to find this again..!

Right, MINOR [read: MAJOR] hiccup out the way... My car went broken, so I was without it for a couple of days and had to stay at the fellas. Coinciding with 4 work social events, plus the fellas birthday. Then his car decided to stop working, so it was my turn as taxi, living at his house... THEN the house I own with my ex [have been trying to sell since Oct 07] got broken into, neither of us actually live in it now, and they did over 2 grand of damage, including ripping out the bathroom, the flooring, pipes, washer, drier, fridge freezer, ripped up the wood floor, and pulled all the sockets off the walls and messed up the wiring... Oh did I mention the cops had to secure a gasleak too?! Anyway, that was Thursday last week.. Then SATURDAY the blokey gets told hes off to Singapore this week, we then spend all weekend arguing because my passport is out of date and he had secured an extra week over there so we could have a well deserved holiday... not that I can afford that now I have all that cr@p to sort in my ex's house, which has put more pressure on us with me having to speak to the cretinous ex.... *sigh*... I started typing haha, I dunno if I'll ever stop... Anyway, in my life it never rains, it bloody pours!

So here we go. Again...
Meal plans.
Sticking to it.
PLEASE.
I'm only messing things up for me, I'm aware of that...

Day A: We've had a day one... This is for tomorrow.
B - Bacon Sarnie
L - Chicken soup
D - stir fry with chicken and some form of .. veg... ? Not quite thought that one through yet
Supper - cheese on toast :)

Aww Jen, sorry to hear about your break in, what a rotten thing to happen. It's a horrible feeling I know, even if you weren't living there at the time.

Well these things happen in threes so with the 2 cars and the house, hopefully that's the end of it and some good karma will be coming your way... :)

Good karma would be useful right about now..!

Yesterday wasn't too bad -
Breakfast was a bacon sarnie, 230
Lunch - 3 slices of pizza and 4 onion rings
Dinner - Chicken stirfry and 5 mini quorn spring rolls. - 400
Snacks were a yogurt for 55 and 500 calories of chocolate following a fall out with the bloke. Oops. Great move when he's off to Singapore for 3 weeks at the weekend.. :|

Total of 1185 without the pizza + onion rings, but tbh I could have eaten 6 tonnes more..! I dont know what to count for the pizza, so I would guess 1000 altogether.. Oopsie.

Today:
Breakfast - Oatsosimple - 220
Snack - Yogurt - 56
Lunch - Soup - Tomato, sweet chilli and pasta - 146
Dinner - Quorn pepper steak, microchips and veggies. Drooling at the thought of that already...! 287 plus whatever veggies I add...

Total 709 plus the veggies, and leaves plenty for snacking tonight. I think I fancy cheese on toast... Mmm :)

I... well.... you don't know how amazed I am to say that I stuck to that today... :D
No biscuits, cakes, snacky-crap at work. Ok I blew 180 cals on a bag of crisps that I didn't have to have, but I had ryvita in my drawer and something had gone wrong with it, I'm not sure what but it was almost squishy and I didn't want to risk it... and I felt I needed something.!

I am SO pleased with myself...
I changed my dinner, instead of the chips I had a second quorn burger thing, and Smash, and I made a packet-advised portion of Smash too, which was plenty...!
So that was 330 instead of 287.

Cheese on toast will happen at about 2030 hours! Two slices of Nimble, an ounce of half fat cheese, and a splash of lea+perrins.

Drooling in anticipation,
Jenny.

PS - Brit? I'm so jealous you are off to Hong Kong. But I might have persuaded the fella to take me to Thailand next year, how ace will that be!!! :D Can't wait already!!

Nicely done! I tend to find I'll resort to a packet of Walkers two or three times a week, but it's not a problem, as all the other snacky crap's been cut out entirely.

Very, very well done! :D

Hong Kong came about fairly randomly, but hopefully it'll be awesome! Getting excited now :D

Back