Jennys Lipotrim mission to wedding dress

ha. i need to arrange to meet with my florist. flowers aren't even IN my budget yet... think they are going to be few and far between...

abz xx

Ive started making my own as I couldnt afford £400 ... Im proud of them so far making them out otf fake flowers Ive done button holes and flower girl baskets...

I knew there was a reason I did floristry at college lol

flower girl baskets

Button holes

they are beautiful!! i am getting my bouquet made fake but i want all the others real so i daren't do my own in case i mess it up!! ha. but if they want £400 they can't have it so i suppose it depends on what they ask. they said that my bouquet would be between £75 and £100 which i thought was ok as for the tables i only one one flower per table, ha. and then the buttonholes. i think that might be where the killer prices kick in!!

abz xx

Ive paid £300 for the venue dresser which I dont mind doing coz shes great and thats her setting it all up centre pieces and chair covers with sashs.. It was £400 quoted purely for mine and BMs but I do have 8 of them plus 11 button holes...
Ive decided I could go ahead and try and save but my try and save figure never seemed to go down.

So I decided I did floristry at college for a reason I had a box of pink and ivory flowers above my wardrobe from when I went to college.. Ive been to hobbycraft and spent £10 on new ribbon ..beady bits and 2 baskets. Still have all my florist wire and tape in my tool kit so Im on a mission now to make my own for what I am counting as £10 coz without my wedding I had already spent on the other stuff coz of the course..... starting to realise that everything happens for a reason and now I only have to save £300 and the whole of my wedding is paid for YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(although I will have to pay for alterations on all the dresses and I havent got a clue how much that will cost...Nooooooooooo!!!)

i was quoted £30 per hem :) which wasn't half as bad as some places. hopefully i'll only need the length doing, although if i needed the sides taking in i think it would be worth £60 to have gotten that skinny :D

abz xx

I have 8 BM dresses to be hemed and taken in ...
Plus mine ...no wonder dress shop wants all my BMs and myself to have huge dresses so that we can be stung with an altering charge... evil dress shops grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
oh well fingers crossed I win the lottery ( havent bought a ticket thou)

ha. well i only have two bridesmaids, well, two and a bit since one of them is 3 :D and i don't think their dresses will need alteration.

and since mine is a lace up back it depends on how tightly you can lace it with it still looking fab as to whether they'll need to adjust the sides. if at all. depends on what size i get to.

my waist is already a 16 as i go in rather severely in the middle.. it's my boobs and hips that need to shrink!!

abz xx

Thought Id show you my Red Wedding Abz....

YAY Im already smaller than I was last time so YAY

the kind of bouquet i'm thinking of is like yours :) red and waterfally :) with some ivory in it too :)

you're looking stunning babes. how old were you last time?

I was 23 last time Abz...I had my son 6mths before this and went from 25 stone to 17st 7lbs ..After the wedding I put it all straight back on again and had another baby... and then put more on...silly me.
Its good to know I have 7mths to go still and Im below what I was last time...I felt great on my last wedding day so imagine what ill feel like this time when Im even thinner WOOOoooooooooooo

sounds bad saying I got married at 23 and Im getting married again at 30 lol but oh well.... Its been a long 7 years....lots happened..
I dont regret my last wedding but it was a very different affair...my mum planned alot of it and this time... Ive paid with Ste and we have planned it together.. It feels much more exciting and real the second time round... Fingers crossed right guy this time..

of course it is :D :D

i'm only 26, ha. and i'm getting married. i was with my ex for 6.5 years and we decided to call it quits amicably. but it was difficult. so i too am on my second long-term relationship at a young age :p

abz xx

Your flowers look fab! I'm not getting married for another 23 months and have been thinking I'd do my own - as someone who is quite crafty but never attempted flowers before do you think it's possible?

Your flowers look fab! I'm not getting married for another 23 months and have been thinking I'd do my own - as someone who is quite crafty but never attempted flowers before do you think it's possible?

sure ...I wouldnt recommend doing own fresh as they would need doing morning off wedding as to look after them in build up would be difficult. As long as you source good quality flowers they should look good. You can even do taster courses at college which last 10 wks that would give you the skills. I did a BTEC in floristry so thats why Im happy to do mine.
Another cheaper option is to look on ebay. There are some good companies that make fake arrangements and post them out to you. On Ebay a brial posy can cost £20 rather than £60 in the florist. One company I know is good is a friend of mine the ebay shop is called wedding bells but shes great.

Hobbycraft and such places sell all the tools you need to arrange your own and often they have teach your self books. But its really not that difficult...just time consuming

Goodluck and congrats on your wedding x

Its my WI tomorrow morning Im expecting a gain due to my naughty week but Im positive that Im on the right track now so after tomorrow on with the huge weight losses and hopefully catch up so I meet my goals x

11am ... other WIs I havent drank anything or had any shakes before hand but i am today... otherwise I wont be able to get to my goal of 3 litres before bed :)

well back from WI and Ive stayed the same...got a kicking from my chemist and a good telling off so Im well and truely going to be sticking to it...dont wanna have to get told off again lol

Back