Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :D

It was ok! First, the person I was meant to report to, wasn't in today, so I was waiting in reception for 45 minutes before my agency contact phoned me to ask why I hadn't turned up. So the receptionist was phoning through to someone who wasn't there, someone else in the department had phoned the agency to say I hadn't turned up, and it was all highly confusing...

Anyhow, that mix up sorted, I had a whistlestop tour of my department, then a Health & Safety induction & tour of the WHOLE campus, and a 2 hr meeting with the rest of the HR department which was a bit overwhelming considering I've not officially worked in HR before!

Then it was lunchtime, and the canteen is immense. It was really posh looking, proper hot food and stuff, but I don't want to get in a habit of buying my dinner so I'm gonna stick with my leftovers and stuff.

Had a slight touch on some of the work I'll be doing, won't bore people with the details (unlike the 1500+ word email I just sent Biker...) and it seems ok. It's day one, they'll be easing me in gently..

I finish at 5 now, which is odd. After 2 years of "officially" finishing at 4, but working til 6, this could be the 9-5 that I need to get my head straight.!

I was meant to stay at Bikers last night, since he lives 20 minutes closer to new-work, but he is completely ill, like, tucked up in bed with DVDs ill.. Well, on the sofa.
So on the way home, I stopped by his, ran in, dived on him for a hug, gave him a kiss on the forehead and then left. I don't think he was expecting that, in fact I think I scared the poop out of him, haha.

Shortest.Date.Ever.....

Blimey, it's half 8 already....

Glad you had a good first day at the new job! xx

That's not a date, that's called lurrrrrrrrrrrve :p

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day! Hope today is on the same track :) xxx

I am so pleased that your first day went well, long may it continue.

Very pink & fluffy dropping in on BB like you did. Have a very lovely week and hope the work goes well, always good to have a proper finish time xx

Day Two - Boring day, was left in my own most of the day with no computer access set up yet, makes my job pretty difficult... hopefully it was a one off. I cannot be dealing with that level of boredom day in day out!

Suitably pink & fluffy ending to the day, nice texts and emails. He has a sore throat, so not expecting soppy phonecalls. Ooh and hopefully should get to see the boy for an hr or so tomorrow.

We shall see... :) bedtime, g'night people x

Thanks Kally, its good to know others get this feeling of "eurgh" with diets and healthy eating....just gets too much sometimes. My day is much much better today, I've not felt like jacking it in, and since the Boy needs a lift to/from the garage, I might just get a curry for tea........

Laterz :)

Ps totally fed up of food. Hate the stuff.... :(

im there with you hun, im getting so mad at myself eating everything! but im so fed up of food im just having it because its there! arrgghh could so easily go a day without eating! meh hope your alright missy xxxx

PS: i think it's cause we arent eating bread! :( people been telling me im eating everything in sight because im not getting full up on bread! lol instead im craving everything else ! getting the munchies a lot! x

Well that's nearly 2 wks in, we're doing well! Though I do miss my bacon sarnies... making do with bacon omelettes, but it really isn't the same :p

Unfortunately, I seem to have caught Biker Boys cold, despite seeing him for less than 6 hrs in the past 3 weeks. That's just not fair :(

Feel very whingy about things. Work has been much better, I think Tuesday was a blip, but time will tell :)
The team I work on are all impressive girls - super-diet conscious, and health & fitness enthusiasts. And then there is me hahaha

I'm going shopping tomorrow for gym stuff............

That's well unfair that you've got a cold as well - you're not even nursing him! Glad you're getting on well at the new job, it sounds good. All that 'change is as good as a rest' malarkey comes to mind.

You up to anything this weekend Jen? A part from shopping for gym stuff (which officially makes you a nutter :D)

Have a lovely Friday x

No particular plans for the weekend.

Work is ok, it's getting busier the more I learn more things, and my manager's nice, the whole team is nice. They all like their "healthy eating", their spray tans, massages, etc etc etc, and seem to be gym bunnies, so I need to turn a bit girly and get a bit better at this healthy lifestyle thing. I ate 4 curly wurlies today, that's not good. It's getting to a point where I am speaking to Biker on the phone nearly every night and whinging, and that is not fair on him, it's not fair on me, and I need to get it sorted. I need a break from things.x

*deep breath*

.... And that is the highly editted version....
x

Last edited:
And half a bottle of Morgans later, I managed to sleep last night. There was more stuff last night, namely dad shouting in the heat of an argument with my mum "and how much longer does she have to stay" .... nice to feel wanted!

New day, new start. I've got up, had a nice long shower, a banana, and I'm just having a cuppa tea before I go and wake biker.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back