Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D
Do you know what Jen
stuff it...............................its done its dusted.............and move on

Did you mention Steak Fajitas :party0048:

:D I'm not too worried about the burger now, it was yummy, and as you all say, what's done is done! I do think I need some Jack Daniels bbq sauce though, I dreamt about the stuff, its amazing...

Decided to "shock" myself into healthy eating today by jumping on the scales first thing... yep, naughty midweek weigh in. And this week it's currently a good few off... not taking that as gospel, still got til Thursday yet.

Breakfast was 40g special k, a banana and a yogurt (8ppts).
Aiming for Oats So Simple for lunch (6ppts), a steak wrap when I get in from work (8ppts) and then turkey & veg for tea (5ppts). 27 leaves a bit of leeway for adding stuff along the way. Might have a WW pudding tonight...

Can't be bothered with work today. Think it will be "headphones on, disturb at your own risk" day!x

Glad to hear you sounding more positive today Jen - I am finding those big 'lines' that I draw very useful, just to move on from it and re-focus. As V once mentioned, and I always say to people using drug - every time you use (or scoff in our cases), just make sure it's a lapse, not a complete re-lapse. And by dragging yourself back on track that is exactly what you're doing, the lapses will get fewer and further between as long as you keep re-focusing.

Sending you the bestest Monday wishes :)

3 point steak? Bargain!

The Simply Cook range, at Tescos, you get two bits of steak, with peppercorn sauce, and going by the NVs, including sauce, it is 3 points for half the pack... Obviously it's not a mahoosive bit of steak for that value, but I've had these a few times now, and it's decent enough steak for an OMG-GIMME-MEAT moment.... !! £3 for one pack, or they are 2 for £5... Think the offer is across the Simply Cook range, I was drawn to the steak though haha

I got the 2 for a fiver bargain on that range the other week Jen
We had the Roast Pork and I have the Beef Joint in the freezer
Are the steaks ok not to rubbery ?
that's the only thing that's stopped me getting them.

Is propoints the same as discovery regarding bringing points back? I mean, I know you are supposed to eat all of your daily points or you will get sent to prison or something, but when you "owe" points, you wouldn't be able to bring them back, would you? Or would you, you know, if you did it illegally so to speak :p

Have a wonderful week Miss Penny. xxx

I think this is a grey area unless you ask a real WW person, like a leader or something... The general consensus is that you use it or lose it on ProPoints, but the way I see it, "normal" people would compensate by having "healthy" food around a night out, so if I want to have 60ish points one day, I can have 20 the next day to balance it out, making the most of the free froot n veg.. That's what your average "normal" person would do, I'm not stuffing myself with 40 points of carbs when I only want a vegilicious stir fry! Cos that is where the cheese sarnies come into the equation... no no NO!

Rant over! haha

I'm doing something radical here - Planning my meals in advance, once and for all... Mainly because I have to actually use what's in the house before I go to Tescos again... Three times in the past 4 days, I have been and "stocked up"... I have tonnes of food, it's ridiculus!

Anyway... The plans:

Monday -
Turkey Steak, rice and veg
Tuesday - Beef steak with peppercorn sauce, roasted potatoes & veg
Wednesday - WW Chilli Beef Pizza with spicy potato wedges
Thursday - Chicken & Chorizo risotto
Friday - Lamb steak with spring onion mash

And most of the lunches consist of quorn steaks, sliced up in wraps..

So the theme of the week is STEAK!

And next week will be FISH!

And the week after, will be CAKE!!!

I kid... Best not risk the cake thing. Maybe donuts... ;-)

I got some earmuffs to keep me ears warm when I go my walking. Hurrah!!!

I'm stuffed today. Total of 38 points, and got 5 meals and a dessert out of that... I could get used to this! x

I got the 2 for a fiver bargain on that range the other week Jen
We had the Roast Pork and I have the Beef Joint in the freezer
Are the steaks ok not to rubbery ?
that's the only thing that's stopped me getting them.

The steaks were fine :) I had one medium rare/rare, which wasn't quite cooked enough for me, but the one I did today was medium-well done and perfect for a steak butty.... lol. I'm no steak expert, but I enjoyed them!

The Simply Cook range, at Tescos, you get two bits of steak, with peppercorn sauce, and going by the NVs, including sauce, it is 3 points for half the pack... Obviously it's not a mahoosive bit of steak for that value, but I've had these a few times now, and it's decent enough steak for an OMG-GIMME-MEAT moment.... !! £3 for one pack, or they are 2 for £5... Think the offer is across the Simply Cook range, I was drawn to the steak though haha

ooohhh snap! :D but i have the chicken ones :)

hunters chicken 7pp and thats with bbq sauce and cheese :p and then i have the chicken wrapped in bacon/ham stuff and cheese which is 6pp :) love em! they now also do pork joint thing and lamb shanks on the offer woowoo! :D will try the steak next... though dont like the sauce ahem wonder how many pp i deduct for not having the sauce with it :rolleyes: :D:D

Hope youve had a great weekend hun! sorry im a bit all over the place my OH has family issues just got back today so i havent caught up properly with everyone and everything but will do soon hopefully when im not half asleep :D hope the sneaky peek midweek is sign of good things to come :) xxxx

Oh and on about the whole swap and change kinda thing on propoints compared to discovery Nik like Jenny says its up to you, your not MEANT to do it but if your logical enough it just works out the same, as long as weekly you have 29 daily points then it doesnt matter if you touch the weeklies or not! lol.. like this week i really didnt want to use any of the weeklies (i did in the end but shhh :p) so when i went over on one day say by 3pp... the next day i'd only have 26pp instead of my 29.. yes i have the weekly there but i find that too good to be true :) so to be on safe side i held back hehe :D xxx

Would it be wrong to have hunters chicken for breakfast, washed down with a plate/bucket of profiteroles...?

I had mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 rashers of bacon chopped up, and two slices of WW toast with philly. Very yummy but for some reason I still don't feel full!

I have chicken sandwiches sorted for lunch, and intend to have steak and a jacket potato for dinner tonight.

Wish we had streetlights here, I wanted to take the dogs for a walk last night but I don't want to stay on the farm. Mum feels like she has to come with me and counsel me....

Last edited:
Would it be wrong to have hunters chicken for breakfast, washed down with a plate/bucket of profiteroles...?
Urgh Jen - I'm not a morning person and the thought of cheese and chocolate and cream in the morning is more than I can handle. I struggle to eat porridge until 10am! :D

Your comment about the streetlights made me laugh - you're trying to find a bit of alone time and the mother wants to 'counsel'. Goodness, poor you! At least you're getting out and about though, that's the main thing.

You know I always love your menus and this weeks looks brilliant as ever. LOVE quorn steaks, I really really do love them - in the summer I sometimes have them at every ruddy meal just with salad as they are so lush! Sounds good to me anyway and 5 meals for 38 points? You're onto a winner there chuck!

Have a great day x

Auburn said:
CAN YOU BELIEVE!!!! I just got ID'd for buying Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce...

!!!!!!

!!

I'm in shock!!

Hahaha!! That is the funniest thing ever
It's a sauce for Christ sake has the world gone PC mad

CAN YOU BELIEVE!!!! I just got ID'd for buying Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce...

!!!!!!

!!

I'm in shock!!

No way! Idiots! I don't even think you need to ID for it, let alone someone clearly over 18. You can sell painkillers to kids for christ's sake. My friend once got ID'd for redbull when she was 19 or something. There's not even an age limit.. stupid.

It even says on their website it's not an age restricted product (JD BBQ sauce that is).

It was the stupid Self Scan thing, the assistant couldn't believe it either!! It said "Age Restricted Product" or something, it was either the BBQ sauce, or the Oats So Simple...... haha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back