Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the chinese and... oops is all I can say.

Lunch today is a complete write off. Will be on 20 points tomorrow, plus some exercise, plus 22 points over the weekend to compensate...
It was bloody good though!

For starters, I had veggies in an oyster sauce. And two small pieces of chicken in a sticky red sauce. I hadn't had that before, and if it's a buffet, I like to try summat new. Then for the main, I accidentally might have had crispy chilli beef, a bit of chicken curry, some kung po chicken and more veggies. And a dollop of noodles.
I had a small piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert too, and it was quite possibly the most divine thing in the world. It was not even the size of a pack of cards, but more than enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. :)

Before, I would have had maybe 3 plates and struggled onto a 4th, instead of two normal platefuls. And tried to have twice the dessert that I had too. So I'm not too fussed really that I went over. I enjoyed it, very much :) hehe!

There wasn't any bloomin chopsticks though. So, when we're away next weekend, Biker Boy can take me to the chinese :D haha!

Mmmm your lunch sounds lovely my dear. As you say at least you ate less than you would have done which is a huge achievement it means you are changing the way you think about it. So well done you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Take care. xxx

Chinese sounds luuusssh lucky you!

The bunnies are chocolate, with soft stuff, with malteser bits in the soft stuff.. its like soft honeycomb almost, with malteser malty bits in it, with the chocolate on the outside.
Definitely worth a try!

The truffles... haha. Well, my kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off in a chocolate factory, and I used several kitchen implements that I probably didnt need - Sieves, blenders, whisks, ELECTRIC whisks, 9 bowls, yes NINE bowls... plus the mixing bowl and a couple of jugs...

Whatever the mixture is, it's in the fridge setting. Then I have to scoop it into balls and roll it in various bits of nuts and stuff.

I had a complete write off day today. Stopped counting in the end, somewhere around 42 points... Biker Boy said he'll take half an hour tomorrow to help me to sort out food for the weekend. <3 that guy.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have minimal points.
Breakfast - Bacon sandwich - 4
Lunch - jacket potato and tin of tuna+tomato sauce - 3.5
Tea - WW lasagne - 4.5
Snacks - Banana, yogurt, WW cookies [4]

16 total, plus I might have cereal when I get to work, which would bring me to 20.

Bedtime. Night people x

hi all

its great to hear that its not just me who has had the odd slip up along the way!! it was a work colleagues birthday on monday and she brought in danish pastries (argh) -- ended up having a pecan danish (drool) but managed to compensate the next day as much as poss and lost a pound and a half on wednesday -- phew!

ps the chinese sounded divine!!!!

Yay for BikerBoy. Just put today behind you and look to being well behaved tomorrow. Hope it's a good'un. xxx

I accidentally might have had crispy chilli beef, a bit of chicken curry, some kung po chicken and more veggies. And a dollop of noodles.

this made me chuckle

Morning Jen - its Friday:D

Glad you enjoyed your chinese yesterday - sounds lovely.

Hope you have an 'accident - free' day today!

Lesley
X

Righty. Fresh start, 100% focussed today - I have woken up well and truly in food-nazi mode.

Breakfast - Bacon sandwich. 2 slices of toast, 4 WW medallions and a teensy squeeze of ketchup - [4.5]
Lunch - jacket potato and a tin of WW Tomato Tuna - [3.5]
Tea - Leftover chicken and mushroom pasta stuff [5]
Snacks - WW Choc Belgian Slice for my chocolate fix 1.5, Vanilla Yogurt 0.5, banana 1.5 and my pal just gave me a fudge - 2.

On the positive side, there was 3 slices of bread left in my parents cupboard when I went to get my bacon sarnie this morning. Normally, I would have toasted two, for the sarnie, and then toasted the third to eat while I was waiting, rather than leave it in there on it's own... But no, today I was completely focussed and took only the two slices. Hurrah!

Fridays are casual dress at work and today, my jeans feel decidedly more comfortable than they did last time I wore them. Hurrah! My colleague has Aniseed and Cardamom tea, it actually smells pretty nice, I might try and half-inch a sachet of that when he aint looking..!
Plain old Yorkshire for me.... :D

I have had naff all to do all week at work. Today - Heaps. Loads of claims just come in... I don't want to do Overtime today..!!!

hi all

its great to hear that its not just me who has had the odd slip up along the way!! it was a work colleagues birthday on monday and she brought in danish pastries (argh) -- ended up having a pecan danish (drool) but managed to compensate the next day as much as poss and lost a pound and a half on wednesday -- phew!

ps the chinese sounded divine!!!!

Oh nice one!! I must admit, after my ... oops-day, I did step on the scales this morning and was extremely relieved that the needle didn't show any change from yesterday...
Here's hoping my weekend of wartime-rations will help!! haha
:)

I'm in the middle of constructing the truffles. So far, half the mixture is made into truffles, and the other half is back in the fridge setting again. This is ace messy fun haha.

We have some with hazelnuts in, some with chocolate vermicelli on the outside, some with chopped pistachios, some with chocolate balls... And some which will be dipped in melted chocolate.
And I have some which might be rolled in crushed maltesers. Not sure on that yet, I might just eat the maltesers instead.

Funtimes.!

I'm in the middle of constructing the truffles. So far, half the mixture is made into truffles, and the other half is back in the fridge setting again. This is ace messy fun haha.

We have some with hazelnuts in, some with chocolate vermicelli on the outside, some with chopped pistachios, some with chocolate balls... And some which will be dipped in melted chocolate.

<wipes wet patch off t-shirt> :drool:

OMG sorry I came in here for a read now going off to sellotape my mouth together so I cannot possibly shove in anything chocolatety :8855:
Those truffles are sounding wonderful

Morning Jen

Hope you had a great weekend and your gifts went down well yesterday! Hope you had a better weekend points-wise than I did! Have a good day.

Lesley
X

Gooooood morning world :) Time for a catch up... Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Breakfast - Beans on Toast 4
Lunch - Accidental steak&ale pie from the butchers, which I guess at about 8 points. I didn't eat most of the pastry, just the filling...
Tea - lasagne, homemade, with not very much pasta in cos there was ONLY 5 SHEETS LEFT!! haha, the panic on his face... cos he usually uses 6 sheets apparently...!

Anyway, total of 20ish

♥14.02.2010 ♥
Brunch I suppose - was a bacon sandwich. He knows me too well... 5.5 for that
Tea was a Sharwoods cantonese curry, REALLY good, I thoroughly recommend that, for anyone who will go for a jar curry. It was so tasty. and said on the side "try me with chips" So I might have to do that one day!
That was the curry sauce, chicken, rice and peas. If someone could please calculate 117 cals and 0.5 Sat fat, I would be most greatful. I don't have my calculator with me, I'm guessing at 2 though - 8 for the lot I guess
Then we started on a box of maltesers - There's still about half left, and we shared what we had, so I'll count 3.5 for that, but I don't think I had the equivalent of a bag tbh.. :)
Aaaand.... Then there was the lemon cake. Which was beautiful, we'd made that on saturday for something to do, and of course, using 6 1/2 tonnes of real butter, sugar, icing sugar... Anyway, I only had a small piece, and I think it would be fair to point around 6 for that.

23 for the day.

We had a lovely weekend though. Had decided to walk up a hill on Sunday, then he woke up feeling a bit "floopy", which progressed into a full on cold. Which I appear to be suffering from now, but that's the price you pay for a nice weekend snuggled up on the sofa I guess...! He liked his gifts, and was touched by the home-made-ness of everything. The mug, when he opened it he saw the "I <3" bit first, cos the Drills bit was covered by the box? Anyway, he had that "oh F**k" look on his face and said "awww, am I meant to take this to work?" I just said "You dunno what it says yet!" and he said "it'll say Jen"... Pfft. As if I would..! Then he took it out the box properly and he laughed :D Lots. Which I was glad about. Since he was a bit poorly, I didn't know if he was in a good enough mood for it...... :)

Breakfast - Toast [2.5]
Lunch - Cereal 3.5 [skimmed milk]
Tea - I quite fancy bangers and mash. We'll see. Comfort food stodge...
Snacks - Banana, Belgian Choc Slice, ryvita and tin of salmon.

Bread Challenge Update - Going fine! I turned down the offer of Fajitas on saturday as I had already had beans on toast that morning. We'll have Fajitas tomorrow, so I have to remember and NOT have toast for breakie.!
Workout Challenge - Managed it, just. I counted an EA Active workout for 45 minutes, and an hour on Just Dance as 2 separate workouts. :D That's good enough for me!

Current Challenges - Bread Challenge is on-going til 10.03.2010 unfortunately.!
New Fitness One - 23 Workouts - 15.02.2010 to 19.03.2010.

The next foodie one could be a bit strange - I'm going to go meat-free 15.03.2010 to 14.04.2010. I haven't broken that to Biker Boy yet... Hopefully he'll be ok with a vegetarian girlfriend. He knows I used to be vegetarian and "admires" (or something) me for it. But that's easily said when it doesn't actually affect you...

Busy week this week, but I think it will be a good one.
Pancake day tomorrow, then away on Friday for a dirty weekend.. I mean.. romantic break in the big city... :p Which will include a gig, a visit to the Botanical Gardens, aaaaand a trip to a Thai restaurant... :D SO looking forward to it!

Suppose I'd better do some work.... YAWN...! Have a good day people x

Ooh, that curry sauce sounds good.. does it taste like Chinese curry sauce you get from takeaways?

Exactly like it... Its really good, I really enjoyed it!

It's pretty low calorie too, and low fat... Think it might be my new staple-curry sauce..!! We kinda overdid it and had a jar between the two of us, but its meant to do for 3 servings [which it easily would do if you aint a piggie like me!] and each serving is 78 cals, 0.3g sat.fat.

And to top it off, its a quid in Tescos. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back