Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Jen, hope your well my lovely and have a great friday..xxx

I would make a small suggestion which is just to leave him to it for a bit. Let him do the running - he'll soon realise that he needs to perk up and get his act together. Honestly - you sound like super chilled G/friend to me so he needs to sort himself out!
Dont worry bout BB play it super cool and let him do all the running for a while.

Oh don't you worry, you two, I intend to. Right after this Pink party is out the way. What, I want to get pictures of the macho man wearing pink first, to threaten & bribe him with at a later date..!! Plus... he'll pay for the drinks tomorrow night ;)

I read your post about your sore noggin last night on my phone and my heart totally went out to you hun sounded so painful and yes you should have been told off for going to work, silly billy! Glad you are feeling better if still a little sore today.

I am feeling a million times better now, thank you!! I've been taking it easy, and even got a bit of tlc last night which was nice.

There are loads of cool packages you can do We had to do 5 weeks work exp each year on my course and one person went someone exotic, I can't remember where exactly, but they got to work in the zoo doing loads of hands on stuff, work with orangutangs and it was a couple of grand for the whole 5 weeks, flights, accommodation and a bit of travelling at the end.

See, I was GOING to do the lemur rehabilitation thing in Madagascar when I finished uni, but instead I fell for some bloke, and bought a house and all that jazz and decided to stay with him...! That must be such an experience though, absolutely amazing.

*Kals will come when she is less vexed at BB

Hahaha :D It's ok Kals, you're saying exactly what we're all thinking. The slap with a wet fish..! He's redeemed himself somewhat now. Turns out, his dad wanted to do the walking in the afternoon, and instead BB is getting up early on saturday to go walking in the morning... so that he is free for JennyTime circa 4pm, which "gives us adequate time to get tea in town first"... :eek:

Must admit I've got my grumpy head on atm so am hiding from everyone

ooooh not good..! Hope the grumpiness has subsided, if not, get some bubblewrap. I did a full sheet earlier, it was most therapeutic. Then realised I had no more to wrap stuff in... :)

Really hope you do it Jen, sounds wonderful, and it's just for you too. Go for it!
Thank you so much :) I am definitely going to go for something. Something different.. Not 100% sure what yet.!

I carried on researching all day yesterday and today at work, and made some calls. The schemes that let you work in the sanctuaries and reserves and stuff are all fully booked for the next 15ish months. Which is disappointing... Work have agreed full flexibility, given my contract is still ongoing by then. I understand they can't say 100%, but this is as good as concrete as I would get if I was permanent staff, infact, I'm probably in better standing as a contractor to do this, than if I was staff... But they have agreed I can have 4 weeks in one go, so long as I am there for the end of the tax year. So thats April/May I need to be in the UK for, the rest is up to me. And reading some reviews has put me off, implying that some trips are badly advertised and infact you spend 95% of the time cleaning and only 5% actually helping the animals, and doing fun stuff. I wouldn't mind a bit of hard work, but not sure I want to pay those amounts of money to clean up animal poo for a month when I have horses here, I do that for free :p
So... I still have lots to think about. One possibility, would be to go for a couple weeks, to China, see the sights and stuff, and visit the Panda place as a tourist, you can pay a bit extra to feed the pandas, see! Then go to Oz for a week and visit some of the places I want to see there. There's a Koala sanctuary, which I have my heart set on going to. Or I might just go on a mini tour of Europe. Either way, I need to lose the weight. If I'm backpacking, a weeks worth of size 14s is easier to lug about than a weeks worth of size 22s.......

There's been an awful lot of talk recently about people getting old... My parents just came back off a Saga holiday. The boy is 30 next year. My mate's just had her 40th and feels old.... Its making me realise that I haven't actually done anything yet. I'm optimistic regarding aging, but with the fella harping on about being 30 its making me think I'm not far behind him. And I know it isn't a race, but whats he done with life, compared to me. He's settled in a career, got his own house, seen loads of the world, got his hobbies, and lets face it, a partner who he just needs to click his fingers.... oops. Now look at me. I live in my parents box room, with no career, no career plans, I've been abroad once and that was with my parents, and I am obsessed with playing at diets.... I spend so much time convincing everyone else that it's ok to get older, since they've done this, and achieved that, and got their houses, jobs, kids, lifestyles and all that, that I don't have any of that myself! I'm kinda starting to get scared that one day Im gonna wake up 52, with no stories to tell the grandkids that I haven't got.. haha.

Last night, I did go to see the bloke. It was completely on my terms, I said I'd be round later, and casually showed up during the second half. He answered the back door [kitchen door] and let me in, first thing he said was "can you see my boobs in this top?"... haha. Well it was a little tighter fitting than his usual t-shirts, it was a football shirt he got on a lads holiday at the end of uni. 7 years ago. He then said "I didnt have boobs when I last wore this top".... He doesn't have boobs!! Granted, he might not be a skinny as he was SEVEN YEARS AGO but are any of us? really?? I asked where my tea was and he said that I knew where the kettle was, and went back to watch the football. So I made myself a cuppa, and went and sat down on the sofa next to him. "Do I not get a cuppa?" "Its your house, do what you want" :D He was not impressed. I was most amused though. Hah!

Everyone said:
Good luck with the trip planning

Thank you, :sign0168: all :)

jenny you are amazing.
Just had a catch up and cant believe how much ive missed reading you diary! Sorry im so late but big hugs for the head indury, been there and its not fun and only 8 points on chocolate wasted? You lightweight :D

Come see me again soon chick, i will make you a cup of tea no sweat ;)

Dont get me started on the getting old malarky. I'll be 50 in 2 years and am getting skittish now - starting to write my bucket list, I should never have watched the film. I know its a bit early for that but you never know how much time you've got ;) I need to save too. Funny how sometimes for no obvious reason you just think what have I done with my life - answer - not enough :rolleyes:

Good job you've got time to research the conservation stuff - I would be more than a tad miffed to go all that way to be a cleaner. Holidaying it may be the answer.

Love the tea comment to BB must have been a bit of a slap in the face for him :8855:

only 8 points on chocolate wasted? You lightweight :D

Come see me again soon chick, i will make you a cup of tea no sweat ;)

I know, only 8 points... What's happened to me :p !!

Aw cheers chuck!! Milk, no sugar :) hehe!!

... you never know how much time you've got ;)

Nooooo not you too!!! Step away from the dark side!!!!!! Live each day and all that!! :p

I echo the thoughts on savings too... christ. That's a scary account to look at... There used to be money in there til I had solicitors fees to pay getting rid of the house+ex...!

You two should have your very own sit come, it would beat Eastenders hands down!

Hahaa... but would it rival Hollyoaks? :p

Well good morning minimins peoples. It's 8am, and already, I've had a row with mother. HURRAH!
I was clearing up the food cupboard, doing an inventory of my stuff so I can plan this week, and plan it good. And she comes in the kitchen and has a go at me moving things.. Then whinges about "this weather... you wouldn't think it was the end of June"... Hello big mouth "Oh stop bloody whinging,you was in Tunisia last week, at least you get some sunshine".. Oops. Cue argument about how I never go anywhere and never do anything.. I bit my tongue.

Anyways, she's come back in now and apologised, so we must be in the twilight zone or something!

I have no idea what the plan is today. I have to go to that party later, about 7ish I'll need to head off. Pink pink pink. The joys... I need to go off to get a duvet and some sheets today. Excitinnnnng!!!

Breakfast - Toast and apricot jam. Good times. Still hungry though...

Have a fab weekend people :) Hope the weather gets nice soon, its dull grey here.
x

Have a good one Jen, hope you have a good night with all the pinkness!!!
xxx

Yes have a great night, I love pink.

I am sad enough to love new bedding, I love sheet changing day - well not the changing but the getting into new sheets, or is it just the bed I love

Long may the truce between you and ma continue, although you were right about the tunisia comment :D

The BEST thing is new sheets, and freshly shaved legs. Sorry, but it is. haha!
I didn't find any sheets that I really liked yet. There is a couple in the Laminated Book of Dreams but I was hoping to get something at least that wasn't from Argos..! We'll see, I have another 3 shops to look at yet. Came home for my lunchbreak ;)

I'm gonna go over today.

It's ok, I have my reasons. Its the anniversary of something on Monday, and I'm not going to go into what it is/was but as much as I want to not think about it, it is on my mind constantly.

Breakfast -
toast with apricot jam [2.5]
2nd Breakfast [saturday, woo!] - Strawberry Crisp cereal [4.5]
Lunch - sirloin steak, cheese and dry-fried onion sandwich. [7]

I was given the option of going out for tea tonight, or getting a takeaway. I have declined both, and decided to get a ready made sauce and some lamb, and fake a rogan josh. Although, looking at the points, I would maybe have been just as well getting a takeaway, but I guess its just the once... I got a keema too, which is lamb in bread apparently. Interested to try that! I'm giving myself 10 points for tea.

That leaves me with 3 for the party. Good job I'm driving and not drinking, innit!

I could have been more sensible with lunch, but sod it. I wanted steak. Then I wanted a cheese sandwich. So I put the two together. :)

I'll be better tomorrow, dietwise!

Have a great saturday people, back tomorrow..... xx

Hi Jen, love reading your diary but don't usually post anything as there are too many good posters. But I just want to say something about the aging thing. I am in my early 50s and for some years I have had my "50 things to do before I die" list. I did it by imaging myself aged 2 yrs old and thinking about all the things I would want to do with my life. I am really glad that I still have a few left on my list cos I'm not ready to stop living an exciting life and having new experiences. For example yesterday I finally got a tattoo (where noone can see except me but I know its there) and next week I'm going to take part in a competition in the states that I've always wanted to play in. I just want to reassure you that life isn't over at 30, 40, 60 or 80 so don't panic. I hope that my (and your) life is fun forever and remember that you're more likely to regret the things you don't do than the things you do. xx

Thanks everyone! The party was good fun, even if I was in one of my moods. There was pole dancers, a pink carpet, pink stars everywhere, pink cocktails and pink cupcakes! I resisted a cupcake, much to everyone's surprise. Thing is, they didn't know that earlier that day I had been shopping and seen my belly way too many times in changing room mirrors. Not happy. Been a shock enough to make me focus. It is tough though, not to just stuff my face with chocolate. But that wouldn't help, would it!

Biker had to be away at 8am today, to see his dad. He said I could stay at his, but I didn't have anything with me, and didn't much fancy just doing nothing. So I came home.

Food -
Breakfast - Bacon roll
Snack -WW caramel wafer
Lunch - WW chicken risotto + roll
Snack - toast and jam
Tea - got 8.5 points left ... Something with broccoli.

My dad likes german food. So for Fathers Day, I got him a pack of bratwurst and some frikadella [pork burgers]. The pork burgers, are 7.5 points each, and the bratties 8. Christ... We used to eat heaps of those...

I'm so cold today... can't get warm!!!

For example yesterday I finally got a tattoo (where noone can see except me but I know its there) and next week I'm going to take part in a competition in the states that I've always wanted to play in. I just want to reassure you that life isn't over at 30, 40, 60 or 80 so don't panic. I hope that my (and your) life is fun forever and remember that you're more likely to regret the things you don't do than the things you do. xx

You're so right, thank you for your comments :) Did you design your tattoo yourself, or just pick a nice one?

gorgeous pic hun x

Did you design your tattoo yourself, or just pick a nice one?

I designed the basic tatto myself cos I wanted one that had a lot of meaning for me but left the twiddly bits to the tattoo artist. Its actually quite big (didn't really think this through :p ) and took nearly 2 hrs but I love, love, love it. Only downside is its on my lower back so I need to be stood naked in front of a mirror to appreciate it. Not something that goes down too well half way through the working day if I fancy a quick peek (not over the novelty of it yet). Glad you enjoyed the pinkness. xx

So glad you enjoyed the party hun and your new piccie is lovely

xxx

Hi Jen, well done on resisting the cupcake!!!

Also loving your new pic, very very pretty hun..xxx

Glad you had a fab time at party - Loving the new avatar x

Jen! I saw your post on my diary and ran straight in here to say: NEW PIC LOOKS AMAZING! WHIT WOO!

Glad you enjoyed the pink party. And also very well done for avoiding all the treats - not doing too bad at all chicky.

Used to lurrrrve frikadellen but at 7.5pts each I believe they are a complete rip off pointswise! Good grief! I'd eat a pack of them as a snack!

Hope you have a good day today chicky x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back