Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon Jen

Ps Hannah I don't mind you using me as an example at all :D
Jen, I was texting back and forth with Nik today bless her she's having a few issues at the moment ( diet wise ) but in doing this I had one of those light bulb moments
I said to Nik I've been slim 3 or 4 times and was I happy no I was bloody miserable because I felt like I couldn't let my guard down because I didn't know how to eat normal as opposed to diet
And I've suddenly realised I actually don't want to be Slim I'll settle for healthy so from now on diets are history with me I'm going for a healthy me and in doing so before I eat it I'm going to ask myself if it's beneficial to do so a friend once told me the secret to staying slim was to follow the is it healthy routine 80% of the time and allow yourself 20% for the odd indulgence and you can't go wrong

You'll get there Jen, just don't listen to those height and weight charts, you listen to what's in your heart and in your head

Last edited:
You people... I honestly can't put in words how greatful I am that you are happy to listen and speak so truthfully and honestly about these things. I feel very lucky to have met you lot, even if it is "just the internet" for now, it's amazing how much you all help.

Hippy moment aside, I'm having a pretty ok day. I've had a think about stuff, I've had a think about what I actually want and what I actually feel. Me. What *I* think, not what some chart that someone deems is accurate. How *I* feel.
I lost weight before, and I was happy losing weight. I stopped losing weight, and put some of it back on, and I was unhappy. Regardless of the numbers, I felt much happier and more comfortable at the lower number than I do at the moment. So I am not giving up. I am breaking it down today, into smaller chunks. Allowing myself a non-food-based treat after each one.

I've had a stupid day for food today, but it's all within my points so in theory it should be fine. Hormones plus I went a bit silly stupid with bread, ate two teas, and had pudding.. I realised finishing off the Tescos Light Choice Lemon Meringue pudding that I didn't actually like it. But still I ate it. My second tea, which was a quorn burger in a bun, I didn't really enjoy that either. That falafel sandwich at lunch that I picked thinking it was the healthy option, that wasn't exactly wonderful... It was nice enough, but it wasn't "good enough" to want to make it myself, or to have again. So I thought what food do I actually like? I want to stop eating for the sake of eating. Stop buying things that are "on offer" just because they are there. Actually start enjoying food again. I'm sick of chocolate. After a month off crisps, I don't really miss them... I don't even really like pizza anymore, I've gone off it.

So tonight, I sit and create a list of food that I like. That I want to eat.
And then we see where we go from there....

:D

I feel quite content. And I will lose my potential future father in law in bubber one day... !!!!!!

:D :D :D

And in the space of 10 minutes, it all goes tits up. Its really hard to be positive when the boy emails you to say he's applied for that crappy global job that will mean him leaving the UK...
That would be the one that last week he wasn't going to go for cos he didn't want to leave me. Eurgh I give up xx

Nooooooooooo don't give up! Jen I was really looking forward to the list for some inspiration of new stuff to try on SW :(

Honey don't feel sad about it... Just reply with 'will they have a job for me out there?' because if it was Come Dine With Me you were watching when you saw the bone marrow being cooked, remember what Emma said - if you don't ask for something, you won't get anything, and you're much happier if you get what you want in life.

xxx

I've decided to cut all sliced bread and rolls, bagels, naans, chapatis, wraps, pizza.. I think on a diet level, the breadcumbed things will be ok, I don't actually have a great deal of them though so I hadn't thought of that...!!! I do have some southern style chicken fillets in the freezer though. Oops...
Anyhoo, will see how I get on!! Bring it on Smirk, bring it oooonnnnnnnnn!! I'm looking forward to it.

Actually, I thought of you earlier, when I was at Bikers... I said I was well proud of myself for the Crisp Ban throughout January, and he was all put out because I hadn't told him that's what I was doing :p "But I had some crisps on Wednesday!" .. "That's ok, I'm banning it, not you!" ... "But I woulda done it too, now I've failed a challenge!" "But you weren't IN the challenge dear!!!"
Well, made me laugh anyway... He said bollokcs to the breadban though, thought he would....... haha

bring it on indeed hun!!! i had pizza for tea! LOL :p haven't been following ww this week started off doing so then i just cba! so i stopped dunno if ive eaten more or less by doing so but will see tomorrow! :) not too bothered tbh! as i fitted into a size 8 top today so that got brought, when i know i can fit into lil clothes the fact im 8lbs off being 'healthy' doesnt really bother me! haha :p but im praying the no bread will help the lbs gooo! all those carbs we will be cutting down on WOOWOO! :D i think we are going to do brilliantly!! and stop thinking negative thoughts! its not good for you :p snap out of it lady ;) hehe i know easier said than done but just look how far you've come! i always found that admitting you need to cut back was the hardest part and everything else fitted into place after! there is no point following ww when your not in the right frame of mind, i took months out then came back! so just see this as your fresh start! :) by xmas you could be in that size 10/12 dress partying the night away with JD! :D go find a dress now or a party outfit! :p save it on comp and when you feel down just look at it :) hehe you can do it hun be positive new job and all that jazz :)

ohhh and i went and brought those crispy pancake curry things! they are in the freezer! whether i eat em or not i dont see it as bread LOL :D ... one thing though what about popaddoms? are these bread?!?! :eek::eek:

HUGE well done at the no crisps month!!! amazing!!! thats March for me teehee cant wait.. ahem :p im waiting for the clock to strike midnight so i can have a mini bar of choco hahaha im such a loser! :D

Dont fret with Biker missy though, i know loads of people who go for jobs just for the experience of interviews and just for that bit of reassurance! someone i knew went for a job because although they werent going to take it they just wanted to know if they would have got it etc! instead of going through the 'what if i had gone for the job, would i have got it?' etc chin up will be ok :) xxxxxxx

Evening sweet pea!

What a catch up. Huge congrats on your weight loss so far my dear. I think you are doing fantastically well 11.5lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic, propoints is obviously working a treat for you which is very reassuring to read.

Well done on the job too, I am so so pleased for you and being nervous is totally natural but you know yourself you shall be fine. And it's about time your job realised what an assett you are.

As for BB I totally agree with Smirk, he might just be applying for the experience of the interview, don't fret hun all shall be well.

Have a lovely sleep my luv

xxx

I slept ok, not a lot, but a bit. Should be enough to get me through to the end of work...!

So here's February.... no bread. Bring it :)

Plan today:
Oats so simple (what would we all do without that...)
WW Chicken Casserole
Tea will be something chopstickable

Not a breadcrumb in sight!

And Google says poppadoms are nae bread :)

Have a good day plz people, I'm gonna if it kills me!!.... that is IF I can get my hair straight, went to bed with it wet and somewhat resemble a poodle..... x

Hi, just popping by to say thanks for the comment on my diary. Well done on the great weight loss results you've had so far, you're doing really well! Hope you're having a good day! xx

Thank you Lozbo :)

Having a good day today, lunch is tasty, a chicken casserole with dumplings... Ok so it's a WW ready meal, but it's nice!

I wonder if there is any way to make low point dumplings... Wait, are dumplings bread????? :|

No how can dumplings be bread there Dumplings lol ;) so I don't think this counts

Ps dipolmatically keeping shtum about BB
and the job application

Kals, I know what you are thinking. And I'm not going back to that place, this is me now, this is my life and I'm not letting a boy bring me down. As Paulo says, I got a sheet for my bed and a pillow for my head... etc etc... Fair play there's a lot of stuff in that song I don't have, living on a building site haha but hey ho.
I'm coping :D I did say to him that I wanted to know if he applied, I didn't want him to just turn round in a months time and say "That's it, I'm off"... But I kinda hoped he wouldn't apply. I've spoken to a couple of people about it at work today, and they've all come to the conclusion that he's "not like that" and that he's looking for a better life for both of us... I mean they couldn't tell him any info til he applied anyway, but eurgh. Stop analysing it, it's out of your control and you just have to wait and see.

I'm just a bit annoyed I think that this should be MY special moment getting a new job and being congratulated, and now it's completely overshadowed by this that might not happen... GAH!

I want a punchbag :p

Glad we agree that dumplings are nae bread. Makes my life easier!! :D

And the hair has been thoroughly tackled with straighteners and is kinda at "dragged through hedge backwards" status. Better than poodle status. Hurrah!

So pleased that Dumplings are allowed!!!
That's my new plan now - Stew & dumplings... MmHMM!! Exciting stuff!

This week, I have decided that I am OK with a STS or a +1. I have been comfort eating, I only have 3 Weeklies left and I have been totally honest with myself and with the Tracker, so I'm proud of that. Plus Mother Nature is interfering so summink's gonna be wrong with that :p

Work this week, I am totally run off my feet getting things finished off and training notes written for the end of the week. It's strange to think that the day is almost here that I can't just "do it tomorrow"...

Today, I have eaten absolutely tonnes after work. And I plan to have a cuppa and a chocolate eclair later. A total of 52 points. Thats ok, still within Weeklies...

Also, thanks to the police, I have earnt myself 5 APs today.
No, I wasn't running from them.. I got pulled over in town today for having illegal number plates and a dangerous windscreen. Apparently my car is illegally mucky... so I went to take her to the car wash, and the queue was about 12 cars... So I changed my mind and risked the 25 miles home to wash it myself. It was dark by the time I was done, so it's probably realllllly streaky, but at least you can see out the windows..! I thought it was in need of a wash when I went to a multistorey at the weekend and the number plate camera hadn't picked up my car.. Oops. Sorted now though!

Tea tonight was spaghetti with finely sliced bacon and mushrooms with broccoli and carrots and a creamy sauce made from that chilli philadelphia. It was pretty good, worth a shot.. :)

Still working on that list of food...

I love the idea of having an illegally grubby car, that did make me grin to myself so thankyou for that :)

I can understand you being annoyed with BB over the job situation and they say us women are fickle blooming cheek. But he may just well be having a sneaky peek just to see what its all about. Have you asked him why the change of mind or you just biding your time? Great that you have continued to track and point through all the hassle though, well done missus xx

I haven't asked him yet, he's got a really important thing at work today, and I don't want to be in any way, shape, or form, held responsible for anything going wrong with that, if you know what I mean.

As in, the way the meeting could go, worst case scenario is that the major client withdraws from their company. Which means a loss of about 80% of their work, which more than likely means bubye company... It'll go however it can go. I am happy to take a backseat to work, I like that he is career focussed and that, compared to my ex who was a lazy layabout with no ambition. But I'm not taking a backseat at the moment, I feel like I have been left in the damn garage and I don't feel it is fair. Work isn't everything. Yes it is important, I am a hard worker, I have those morals myself, I just can't get into a career, I'm just working a job.

But enough about him. It's all part of life's rich tapestry... Me is more important at the moment, in my opinion anyway. Sorry, but time for me!!

So today we are on minimal points. I can not CAN NOT use any weeklies, I only have 3 left or something like that, and I am not comfortable using them all!

Breakfast - Oatsosimple, banana, yogurt
Snack - Apple
Lunch - WW Sausage & Mash
Snack - Pot Noodley type thing (I will be working late tonight)
Tea - Tuna steak, with new potatoes, carrots and broccoli

Total 29/41
Plenty for snacks too...

Hope everyone has a good day, I'll get updated later if I am home at a reasonable time... !

1) Falafel sarnie had me drooling.
2) I love how protective Mumma K is of you. It is brilliant.
3) Ah ruddy men. Let him apply for it, keep schtum about it all and just see what happens. He spends too much time inside your head switching on your 'worry switches' and causing you to over analyse. Just let him get on with it and you can just get on with your stuff. You were only saying the other day that you'd rather be in bed with Bad Girls than watching Qi repeats :D
4) Well done for sticking within your points. Honestly Jen, you're doing really really great. I have a good feeling about WI day if you can cling on til then.
5) CONGRATUMILATIONS on being so fab at the new job. You're a star.
6) Dumplings are definitely not bread you numpty!
7) Hug from me.

Fankoo :)

Had a good day today, well, a productive one.
Long day, was out the house at half 6 this morning and just back in at half 9 tonight, just time to scoff tuna and cous cous for tea, and now I am ready for bed. Gonna have me a hot chocolate for supper and curl up with a book.

I got a text earlier saying "Sorry for being preoccupied, would you rather we went on holiday monday to friday, or a long weekend?"
Interesting... lets see how this works out. :)

A friend at work who's constantly dietting gave me a copy of a hypnotherapy track for weightloss... I'm gonna give it a go when I remember to get my headphones from work..!

Have a great thursday people, nearly the weekend, time for good things :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back