Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Sounds like your getting the hang of it but stop stressing about syns you need to use at least 5 but are allowed to use all 15 they are part if the plan. You don't have to use em as treats you can use em in your meal what ever works for you. But make sure you don't deprive your self this is a change of lifestyle not a be mean to yourself diet. Hugs and keep going.

All_about_the_climb said:
I think I'm starting to understand it :) I totally understand that syns are there for us to use and I intend to, I just want to try and kick start this week as well as possible!

Jen. I ate 10 syns a day at least last week & lost 5lbs. Believe me when i say cutting your syns down will not kick start your weight loss. Syns are there to ensure you get some fats in your diet. You need them for the plan to work properly. I know its counter intuitive - but it works!

Ok so far I've stuck quite well to what I had planned :)

Breakfast
1 boiled egg, 1 slice of wholemeal toast (HEB) and 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce. (1syn)

Lunch
SW Sweetcorn pasta bake (3 syns)

Dinner
This is where I deterred from what I had planned and made myself feel positively sick.
I made SW quiche, holy good God it's DISGUSTING.
Cottage cheese for a start looks like vomit, and 3 eggs is just a tad too eggy lol! I won't be having that again. I ate about 3/4 simply because I couldn't be bothered cooking anything else. 5syns.

Snack
Strawberries
Grapes
Probably a cranberry and raspberry muller light.

Total 9 syns

Ok breakfast done. Mushrooms fried in fry light and half a tin of baked beans! Yum!

is that it?!?!?!? I'm hungry just thining about trying to survive the morning on just that. You do know you can adversely affect your weight loss by not eating enough? I don't want to nag you but you really do need to eat more hun. I know it sounds weird, but try!

Re the SW quiche. I hate it too - though how did you get 5 syns for it? Its free if you use fat free cottage cheese. What else did you put in it to make it so high?

I'm really not a breakfast person, at all! I've been forcing myself to eat it so my body is getting regular fuel. Believe it or not I actually find myself to be hungrier sooner on days when I do have breakfast! Plus I had like 6 mushrooms! I've had 2 apples as snacks and had a salad of chicken, lettuce, peppers, onion and extra light mayo for lunch (2syns). The cottage cheese was what made it high, it was low fat not fat free! Regardless I won't be touching it again because it was horrific lol! Ps I don't think you're nagging, I'm genuinely trying to listen to people on here and follow their advice! So thank you :)

I'm really not a breakfast person, at all! I've been forcing myself to eat it so my body is getting regular fuel. Believe it or not I actually find myself to be hungrier sooner on days when I do have breakfast! Plus I had like 6 mushrooms! I've had 2 apples as snacks and had a salad of chicken, lettuce, peppers, onion and extra light mayo for lunch (2syns). The cottage cheese was what made it high, it was low fat not fat free! Regardless I won't be touching it again because it was horrific lol! Ps I don't think you're nagging, I'm genuinely trying to listen to people on here and follow their advice! So thank you :)

Cool. I don't think I can think of anything worse than SW Quiche- other than having to use syns to eat it. Gutted for you and really don't blame you for not wanting to make it again!

The reason you get hungrier on days when you eat breakfast is because your metabolism has had to start working earlier. Its a good thing believe it or not! The earlier your metabolism gets going the more it burns and the more efficient it is.

The bit about eating 6 mushrooms made me laugh - unless those were the big portabello mushrooms its not that many to me!! I had 2 eggs, 2 tomatoes, 2 sausages and about 12 button mushrooms for breakfast today :)

But do want YOU can. If you can't eat loads at breakfast then don't!! Just remember that if you are hungry - you need to eat! and on SW you can loose weight and eat what most people on diets would consider to be a mountain of food.

Ooh out of interest what sort of sausages do you use? I'd be quite interested in sausage, syn free chips and veg one night!

Dinner:
SW Pasta bake plus some more fried mushrooms (3syns)

Todays syns - 5, but I shall definitely be having more hehe! Possibly a fun size twix later and my new favourite thing ever...cranberry and raspberry muller light!

Thank you. Shall send my wee mummy shopping for them while I'm at work tomorrow :). So today's syn count remains at 5 however tomorrow it will be 13 due to light mayo in salad and the cod fillet I plan to munch for dinner :). Currently munching some fried mushrooms and the other half tin of beans from brekkie!

Still panicking that last nights dinner will balls up my loss this week but trying to stay positive! Breakfast- raspberry and cranberry mullet light ( I could live on these, they are yum!) and some strawberries. Lunch- sw sweet corn pasta bake (3syns) I put extra pepper and mushroom in mine to up the super free :). Snacks banana and apple. Dinner - I was planning on having mushy pea curry but I need some advice on how I could incorporate a pile of super free without making it taste disgusting? Any advice appreciated!

Jen, if you are not eating any meat today then you should do a green day. You get 2 healthy b's and 2 healthy a's, but can't eat meat or fish. I couldn't see either of your healthy extras on your list. Make sure you eat them!

Can't help on the mushy pea curry I'm afraid.

Hey AATC just been scrolling through your diary again and it looks as though you're not taking your HEA's at all and only occasionally your HEB's. are you forgetting to list them? it's very important that you have these to ensure your body gets the correct amount of fiber and calcium.

Also, up your syns. your body will at some point become used to the diet and you'll plateau. this is when you can look to drop your syns at the moment aim for as close to 15 as you can.

keep up the good work

Hey why_d, I see like myself you're from God's own country hehe!

I haven't been forgetting to list them, I'm just not a fan of them. I know they are 'healthy' and 'good for you' but they aren't really something I enjoy. In saying that, on days when I have SW Sweetcorn pasta bake or spag bol I use the cheese as a healthy extra. I find HEA to be pretty hard to fit in.

Thanks for looking in on me, and the advice. I am trying, it's just hard to fit things in that you're really not fussed on!

Back