Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

tbh I'm the same I'm not a fan of dairy, but you need to find a way of getting it in there otherwise you'll run yourself down. look at the lists of food on the HEa list and go for the higher fat ones. it means you dont have to eat as much.

I find laughing cow triangles to be the trick for me. use them instead of butter on toast and that means you get both your A's and B's. it's amazing how quickly you develop a taste for them. if need be smother with beans or scrambled egg and mushrooms in the morning.

have you tried alpen light bars? 2 of those are your HEb's and they are seriously lovely. try them. they're not what you'd expect. promise! the summer fruits ones are def worth trying.

Breakfast, 1 boiled egg, 2 tbsps of tomato sauce (2syns) and 1 slice of wholemeal bread (heb). Lunch: salad, lettuce, peppers, onions, jalapeños, cucumber, chicken and 3 tbsps of light mayo (6 syns) Dinner is going to be an omelette of peppers, onion, mushroom and courgettes! My weight may be fluctuating like a biatch but I'm not going down without a fight! Might add some ham to my omelette too!

For christs sake girl stop scale hopping - you're making me mad!!!!!! I don't like being mad with people I only know on the internet :)

Breakfast
4 strawberries, an apple, some grapes and a strawberry muller light. It was yum :)

Lunch.
Smash Pizza-Made with 3/4 of a packet of smash. Have only eaten half the pizza as I'm stuffed for now.
Added 2 tbsps of piri piri spice to avoid the potato taste that loads of people have talked about. Passata, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, sweetcorn (free) and 45g low fat cheddar (HEa). I had 3 level tbsps of extra low fat mayo (1.5syns)

I've been able to make it (the actual pizza) syn free providing adding the piri piri spice doesn't have any? Can't actually find if it has syns or not?!? Any ideas if herbs/spices usually do?

Dinner
As yet undecided, it may end up being the other part of the pizza.

If I have the pizza I'll probably have 3 more spoonfuls of extra light mayo. Expected syns for the day is 6, trying to save some so that I can enjoy my 10 syn cod fillet tomorrow :)

Going to add a pic of my pizza in a moment :)

Dinner was super yum and probably my favourite meal that I've had on Slimming World.

Stir fry-Fry light, mushrooms, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, chicken, noodles and 4 spoonfuls of soy sauce. Could probably do with less noodles next time. I had 50g dry but when cooked it seemed like LOADS. Anyways, was delish!

ok, hate to be the one to say this... but when using smash as a flour replacement you're meant to syn it (but can't remember how much), but as you dont use your full allowance anyway it'll not matter too much.

stick some cheese in your omelettes to get your HEa's

1tbsp of piri piri is 1 syn but that's quite a lot so if you're only giving a few splashes i'd not worry

ok, hate to be the one to say this... but when using smash as a flour replacement you're meant to syn it (but can't remember how much), but as you dont use your full allowance anyway it'll not matter too much.

Thanks for the info :) SW online is so bloody confusing, on the syn calculator SMASH comes up free, how the heck is a girl supposed to know how may syns there are if it says FREE? ahhhh!

Update then: Yesterdays syns 7...added 2 on for the piri piri and then picked a random number for the smash!

Off to weigh myself now for weigh in! EEEK!

just checked my book and 28g used as flour is 4.5 syns but take that with a pinch of salt. they add the syn value to stop people from over indulging and snacking on free foods on a regular basis. some people use lasagne sheets to make nachos for instance. if you're not having pizza every day then dont worry, but if you find you're not losing then it's something to consider cutting back on.

Thank you, I really must buy one of these books off ebay as it seems to be more helpful than online. Hmm I used an 88g bag of smash and used about 2/3 of it to make one pizza. I then ate half the pizza so I'm probably in and around 5 syns with it! Thank you SO much for your help.

Anyways, food diary like stuff.
Just weighed in, lost 1.75lbs. So I'm officially over the stone mark :) WOOP!

Having a rather large brekkie this morning as for the first time in my 23 years of being on this planet and living in Northern Ireland I'm off on a day trip to Carrick-a-rede rope bridge and the Giant's Causeway, yes my mother obviously never loved me as a child as it's the one place EVERYONE in Northern Ireland has been lol!

Brekkie was 6 mushrooms, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (HEb), beans (ate about 2/3 of tin), an egg and a slice and a half of lean bacon.

For lunch I'm going to bring a selection of fruit for me to snack on during the day, my friend is doing lighter life at the moment so we're not actually able to go anywhere for normal food anyway.

Dinner is going to be the AMAZING tesco cod fillets (SO yummy) for 10syns, some SW chips and I WILL make sure I fill 1/3 of my plate with superfree veg if it kills me. Gotta keep losing :)

the info is online. you just need to know what you're looking for... as you're using the smash as a pizza base it's a flour replacement. so you search for flour and then you'll get the listing for potatoes...

also the books on ebay are out of date. if you log into the SW site and click on shop you can get a copy there, but the info's all there as i say, it just takes getting used to, lol

If you ever need to find the syn value of a food which would usually be free on the plan you are following you just need to check the syn value of it on a plan where it's not free. So with smash, syn it as if you were on a red day, even if you are on extra easy. Hope that makes sense?

I'm not going to lie, I'm now completely confused, I'm being told in the sw pizza thread that it is syn free as its just potato, this person said they were given if by their consultant and told no syns.

Anyway, after breakfast I had an apple and some strawberries whilst on a little sightseeing tour, which involved walking about 4 miles up hill, I genuinely thought I was going to die! Lol!

Dinner was cod fillet (10 syns), sw chips and roasting veg. 5 syns divided between mayo and ketchup. First time I've hit 15 syns and I regret nothing :)

I don't blame you for being confused. There are a lot of consultants who may different things. All i'd say is use your own judgement. If your losses start to reduce,the it's something to think about. I just tend to think about it logically. Would I eat a cake made of cous cous, or a pizza made from Smash, or indeed Smash in general, if imwasn't on SW. The answer is a hell no! So I don't eat them now.

All_about_the_climb said:
Just munched an Alpen choc and fudge bar woops, completely forgot if had bread already today fml! Although the slice I had was from a small brown loaf and I only had 1 Alpen bar as opposed to the recommended 2, anyone know if I could use the : together as one he of am I pushing my luck?

You can if the Alpen bar was a light, if not then it's 6 syns so your whole HEXB and then I'd syn the bread!

Back