JensJ - I'm back!

Jensjeremies

Member of **SW Angels**
Hi everyone,
This site looks really useful so I thought I'd give it a go. I've been doing SW since January and have only lost 18.5lbs. I have over 60 lbs to lose before my wedding next year and it's time to get serious!
I reached my first stone in April and since then I've lost 4.5lbs by going up and down each week......and I'm sooo annoyed with myself.
It stops here ladies. no more Mrs nice guy!!!

I help out in my SW class and I sit each week and motivate the ladies who get on the scales and are disappointed, I offer advice and hints and tips but do I go away and do it myself! No.

I have excuse after excuse about why I can't lose weight each week but really the only person stopping me is ME.
I'm the person who has an extra glass of wine, I'm the person who has a dessert when really I'm not hungry and I'll be the person crying next year on my wedding day because I haven't lost as much as I could have.
There's a guy in my class who's lost 6 stone in the same length of time I've lost 18.5lbs!! I know it's better off than on and he does have a lot more to lose than I do but still - he can do it every week - why can't I?

It stops here - I'm going to track my progress on this site - whether anyone reads it or not!! I'll humiliate myself every week if necessary until I wake up.

Slimming world does work - The only person stopping it from working is ME.

Wish me luck.

XX

Hi Jens :D

Welcome to Minimins :)

We WILL read your progress every week and there will never be a need for you to humiliate yourself on the site.

Lacey x :)

Thanks Isis. I'll take a look.

I'm sure you will feel there are many things in common for you and feel supported. Any probs with getting around the site, just let me or any Moderator know and we will help asap :D

Lacey :)

Hi Jens, welcome to the forum. Your journey sounds a little like mine with all the ups and downs. We will all get there and on this forum we get there together. You will find all the support you need here so enjoy and good luck with the wedding plans x

Hi Jens and :welcome: to minis. You will get loads of support here and people WILL read your posts. Visit lots of threads to meet loads of people :)

Look at Taz's pictures. She looked AMAZING for her wedding and you will too :character00250:

welcome to the site - and stop beating yourself up because you've lost weight!!!

the fact is YOU HAVE LOST WEIGHT - you may have had the odd blip here and there or aren't sticking to it 100%, but you still have lost weight. i hope you can find the motivation you're looking for on here to get back on plan 100% - i think i may have given up by now if i hadn't joined the forum....and stop comparing yourself to some fella in your class. like you said he has alot more to lose than you, so his calorie intake drop was probably massive and this is why his weight is shifting. also, everyones body works differently and everyone loses weight at different rates.

start a diary for yourself and set yourself little challenges. good luck :)

Hi Jens and :welcome: to minis. You will get loads of support here and people WILL read your posts. Visit lots of threads to meet loads of people :)

Look at Taz's pictures. She looked AMAZING for her wedding and you will too :character00250:
Aw thanks Gem. Yeah my wedding pics are in my profile album but I don't think you can see them until you have done 50 posts

welcome on board the weight loss ship - we all know it could be a bumpy ride but we're all in it together! xxx

Thanks everyone. Such kind words and motivational too.
Well - I've decided to take each day as it comes and review at the end of each day.
I was a bit worried about today as we were going to my H2B's parents for dinner and I didn't know what we were having so I stayed neutral all day by having egg salad, a pear, an apple, a banana, strawberries and 5 nectarines (M&S - gorgeous!). So I was ok for dinner! Dessert wasn't even a challenge because I didn't like it so I had more strawberries! Had 3 after eights after dinner and stayed well within my HEx A's and B's and Syns! So, today is over and I move on to tomorrow!
Going to see some wedding dresses tomorrow - of course they'll all be about a size 10 so they won't fit.........but I not going to let that annoy me anymore!
Has anyone got any words of wisdom to inspire me to another successful day?

Good luck with the dress hunt. I'm in a similar boat to yourself in that I'm getting married next year. My plan is to lose the weight and then keep it off and then by the time the wedding comes it will just be a part of my lifestyle - good plan eh? lol.
I'll track your thread and read with interest how you get on x

Hi Sandrah and a big welcome to minis. Look forward to getting to know you. x

Thanks everyone.
Going to see some wedding dresses tomorrow - of course they'll all be about a size 10 so they won't fit.........but I not going to let that annoy me anymore!
Has anyone got any words of wisdom to inspire me to another successful day?
Good idea Hun, don't let it annoy you let it inspire you!!!! mantra from now till final fitting...... I will be in a size ? at least.......... good luck chick x

Back