Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Sooooo glad you are back Jess.

Well - holiday sounds pretty much like a typical family holiday to me! Bless you, they can be a bit of a stress hun. Well done though, sounds like you managed to keep your cool. At least, as you say, you got plenty of time with Adam which is the main thing. How nice to be looking into booking something else. I have looked at those canada tours - they look amazing don't they? As you said, verrrrry expensive but I bet it'd be totally worth it!

That job sounds fabulous - and you've already checked you've got the right skills. So huge good luck with the application. They can be such a lot of work but then again that's what makes the difference from an employer's perspective - someone who can bother to put the effort into a good application is definitely already way ahead of the rest of the applicants.

Good luck with getting back on track as well - it can be hard but you sound totally ready for it.

And again - hurray to have you back!!!

Holy cow jess! what a holiday,i thought me falling out with my mum over my sisters appauling behaviour was bad on our holiday but id have died if i had to put up with your brothers etc etc. Families eh? you really see all sides of them on a holiday thats for sure.

Shame the weather wasnt the best either:(...i would like you say plan the next 1 with just you & adam & go for the best you can afford & you 2 will have a great time.

Did i miss something sad about a dog?

The job sounds just up your street so all the best for getting it! xx

Oh yes, Charly.. my old doggy died :( He was mine when we got him over 12 years ago, but I haven't lived with my parents for 4 years. Good really, because I'm much less sad than if I'd been used to having him around all the time. They took all 3 dogs to the kennel the day before we left and he was fine. The morning we left my dad switched his phone on and there was a voicemail from the kennel saying Chance was lethargic and then another saying they took him to the vets (two days before we came back). The day before we came back a message was left from the vets asking for permission to put him down, didn't say what was wrong. So at 8:30 English time they rang the vet who said they'd put him down because they couldn't watch him suffer anymore. My parents would have agreed to it, obviously, but it's just really sad that he was on his own and they didn't have any idea he was going to die so didn't get to say goodbye. Plus he'd been in a kennel for a week before he died.

How awful is that.
The same happened to my mum n dad when they went to america about 2 years ago.
Both cats were old & had thyroid probs,tizzy was put to sleep while they were on holiday by the cattery/vets & when they got back they picked up willum & he was v v sick & didnt last the weekend b4 they had to have him put to sleep aswell.

The vet who was young & newly qualified was shocked when mum said we had best have our other cat off you shes in your freezer!
They had them cremated together tho & are in a little box at home! x

Today I've had 3/4 of an onion bajii wrap from Tesco and skips. 10 points. I'm cooking dinner right now, sweet potatoes are in the oven baking. I forgot to weigh them so I don't know points, oops.. They are huuuge. I have HL soured cream to go with, plus spinach and pieces of southern fried chicken. I also have lower fat single cream and strawberries for dessert. If all that is within 12 points I have done well, but I don't know. As from tomorrow I will point properly and I've got a little notebook to write things in. Also, need to stop eating so much spinach! It's damn tasty, but I need more variety and it's expensive :p We have a whole bag between us each time. I have sugar free jelly in the cupboard and low fat custard so if I save some strawbs and buy some light whippy cream I'll make some trifles (Adam's fav).

The note book is a good idea Jess, I did the very same thing myself today
and before I eat something it's being weighed and noted down
I had sweet potato baked for lunch it was yummilious mmh mmh!!
Come on Jess we can do this

My friend who is looking after Cassi just emailed me a couple of pictures :) Only 6 weeks until I get my baby back! Apparently the cat hates her and growls at her but the little dog steps in between them as mediator, aww. They lie in the sun together.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 29
  • GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 23
Oh jess, you need a holiday to recover from the one you've just been on! The joys of families eh? The whole episode on the motorway sounded horrendous (and a bit like a national lampoons movie:rolleyes:)

Thats so sad about your wee dog. My mum cat sits when we go away and my biggest fear is that something goes wrong when I'm away. The worst of it is I know she wouldn't tell me if it did because there's nothing I could do. every time I phone home when I'm away I try to judge whether the cats are really OK from her tone of voice!

Cass is lovely. I love the pic of her on the wall. she looks very regal!

Hi hun. Sorry to hear about Charly, and that your holiday was a bit of a bust. That's why I never go on hols with family, I can tell ya!

Good luck with the job application - I've got my fingers crossed for you x

Aw jings Jess, totally agree, sounds like you need another holiday after that :(

Sorry to hear about your dog, that's one of the things I'm dreading about moving actually is leaving my beloved pooch, but I think I am managing to get OH talked into getting a bunny, I've had pets all my life and can't stop now :p

Good luck with the job application hun, it sounds fab

Xxx

Hey, just catching up - good luck with that job application sounds perfect for you! Family hols are always a nightmare unless you are bloody luck not to have any eeejits in yr family - we have several lol. Honeymoon plans of touring Canada sound heavenly!!! Take care and hope your back on track diet wise soon xxx

That sounds like an amazing job, fingers crossed for you!
I have never even thought of baking sweet potatoes... I might give that a go!! :) Thanks Jess!!
x

Did my online shop and just need to jot down the meals I've planned as I forget what the ingredients are for.

*Toad in the hole, mash, green beans, carrots, gravy
*Roast lamb, roast potatoes (in my new actifry :D), stuffing balls, broccoli, carrots, gravy
*Half a pizza express pizza, potato wedges (in my new actifry :D), rocket
*Chicken rogan josh (jar, cba).. one breast bulked out with cauliflower, potato, green beans and spinach. Rice, popadoms and ww naan.
*Fish (frozen, battered), homemade chips (in my new actifry! :p), mushy peas.. Friday, for the football. Also got a cider.
*Homemade salmon ramen soup.
*Gammon, chips (actifry ;)), poached egg and beans
*Chicken kebabs

That should last til next Thursday. I just have to work out which order, cos things also go off too quickly! Also bought some snacks. Onion rings (the crisps), snack size ripples and some mint choc cones, like cornettos but Sainsbury's and they're only 3.5 points.

Last edited:
So far, weetabix and a teaspoon of sugar (3.5). I've misplaced my WW points thingy which is really annoying. I am having mcdonalds for dinner as I thought I could scrape a meal together before the online shop, but nope, got zilch. McDs is the cheapest, so Adam's bringing one home. I'm going for a veggie deli and medium fries (14). There's nothing for lunch either so I'm just having strawberries and cream, which I didn't have yesterday, and miso soup. Going to be hungry :(

:D Ummmmm

Are you getting an actifry by any chance Jess :8855::8855:
Are you gonna pick it up Saturday and take it to mums ?

:D Ummmmm

Are you getting an actifry by any chance Jess :8855::8855:
Are you gonna pick it up Saturday and take it to mums ?

Aren't you coming over Thursday? If not I can pick it up whenever, Adam has to go to Feltham after work.. are you in?

Back