Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Fab news re the house Jess, so so chuffed for you

xxx

I bet you can't wait to move now. It looks like a gorgeous place to live. Cassi will adjust really quickly, you know what cats are like - they're so smart.

She'll have the barbed wire sussed out in no time and be out staking her claim on her territory!

I don't get presents from my 2. My wee cat who died last year was always bringing me presents home though. It's completely gross being brought a dead animal but he was always so proud of himself when he brought me a mouse.

He brought home baby rabbits twice as well. They were completely unharmed thankfully. On one occasion I came home from work and there was a wee bunny sitting in the middle of my living room looking very bewildered.

The second time he did it I actually saw him squeezing himself through the catflap with a rabbit in his mouth, he then dropped it and it immediately shot behind my washing machine.

Fun and games trying to rescue that one!

Cassi's sitter rang me this morning. They've got an old dog which Cassi didn't mind at all but they recently acquired a younger dog for breeding and she hates it. She said she's going crazy in the house and just meowing constantly but when she goes out she stays out all night and she has trouble getting her to come back in. She asked if she should keep her in or let her out, I said try keep her in as I don't want her running off so close to getting her back. We pick her up in 2 weeks but I'm going to try get her into the cattery earlier, she might feel better with no dog around even if she is locked up. Poor bubby, she's had such a crap 2010!

Aww never mind Jess I'm sure Cassie will soon settle once you've moved into the new home
bless her, you know I would have loved to have her but bruiser Bailey would have killed her
he's evil enough to Minstral and he's his brother haha!!

Toms and queens are generally not too bad together i find. I've often babysat friends pets and the problem is usually territorial which is always between toms or queens and not really a mix. You mightve found Bailey and Cassi got on better than you thought!

its done now though, so bet you're looking forward to getting her back asap :) x

Toms and queens are generally not too bad together i find. I've often babysat friends pets and the problem is usually territorial which is always between toms or queens and not really a mix. You mightve found Bailey and Cassi got on better than you thought!

its done now though, so bet you're looking forward to getting her back asap :) x

:D Honestly Rach, believe me he is an evil ruddy whopper who hates everyone
he once tried it on with Maisie rabbit untill he found out she was as evil as him haha!!

Aah, I will keep that in mind if I get another kitten, though not really sure if I want one for a while, I'll give Cassi a lot of time to settle down, she's had enough stress recently. The cattery said they had some kittens next to her when she was in though and she apparently loved them, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Been to DFS today and we've picked out sofas we want as long as they fit in when we go and measure up. A 4 seater and a 2 seater sofa bed plus a storage food stool, totals about £1500. I am going to try and haggle and get a coffee table and little side table thrown in for free. If they say no I will walk out then go and buy it online :p Gotta try! Adam's boss has a corner sofa they still have, he bought it before the recession and he got the sofa and a big armchair worth £500 for the same price as the sofa is now. If they are offering 4 years for credit, no deposit, pay nothing for a year they must really be struggling to sell them so I guess it might work. Also popped to Ikea for a little mooch. They sell 500ml clip jars for 89p so I will be buying a lot of those to make jam and chutneys with my fruit and chutneys from my veg patch. Sooo excited, never gardened or grown anything before though, so better get some books. Don't want to kill all the lovely flowers. The veg patch had lots of stuff in it but I'm going to completely dig it up, add a border around it and fill it with soil then start from scratch. I'm going to start a compost pile too.

I weighed myself this morning, still 2lbs down though I was back to the start at one point, somehow lost it again without even trying.

Been to support mumma k and nikki on the race for life. Now back at kals, she's washing off the race then we're going out. They both did very well, doing it in 58 minutes. I didn't want to do it as at my age I should be able to run 5k easy but I doubt I could even run 1k. I am going to start running with Adam when we move (who said today he might join minis), we've
made a pact. My friends are all running 5k or 10k and i really need to get fitter! We are all going to run the whole thing next year :)

Nikki looks fantastic, really slim. Even mr hog said, when we went off while they jogged, "I don't know why she calls herself an elephant, she's not fat at all". I'd like to see her again but in a different setting :p and with the munchkin. Very lovely you are nik!

Been to support mumma k and nikki on the race for life. Now back at kals, she's washing off the race then we're going out. They both did very well, doing it in 58 minutes. I didn't want to do it as at my age I should be able to run 5k easy but I doubt I could even run 1k. I am going to start running with Adam when we move (who said today he might join minis), we've
made a pact. My friends are all running 5k or 10k and i really need to get fitter! We are all going to run the whole thing next year :)

Nikki looks fantastic, really slim. Even mr hog said, when we went off while they jogged, "I don't know why she calls herself an elephant, she's not fat at all". I'd like to see her again but in a different setting :p and with the munchkin. Very lovely you are nik!

Aw, what a lovely post Jess..xx

Many thanks to Mumma K for treating us AGAIN, she is too good to us! Took us for a lovely lunch in Virginia Waters, the food was fantastic. I had carrot and coriander soup to start followed by garlic and lemon salmon, new pots and green beans. I was stuffed afterwards, though I did have a lot of pimms and lemonade too!

I don't think I have IBS, I think it's lactose intolerance. The symptoms are very similar but I think it's dairy that sets it off. The other day I had a glass of milk and 30 minutes later I had a really bad stomach ache and the runs (sorry for tmi). The pain is so bad, I hate it! Later on I had pizza and the same again. Yesterday I avoided dairy, no problems. Today I avoided dairy and no problems, but just now I've eaten some dairymilk so I'm going to note the effects. Already I actually feel a bit.. hmm.. unhappy in there, but no pain. I kind of hope it's lactose intolerance rather than IBS as it's easier to treat. If you take lactase before meals it helps. IBS doesn't really have a cure, you just treat the symptoms and it's harder to know what will set it off. If I AM lactose intolerant (I'll get it checked out at the doctors, need to go soon) I can avoid it when I'm out and I can try and work towards cutting it out completely. I can switch milk to soya milk, easy. Some people can eat yoghurt, so will have to see, I'm not sure why exactly as it has a lot of lactose in. I'll miss my cheese, big time. No subs for that, it's all about the taste! Chocolate to dark is ok and I'm not a huge icecream fan, but there is probably loads I'm not thinking about.

When you say you can take lactase before a meal what form does this come in?? Ive never heard of it before.

I once thought about trying soya milk but it says you cant put it into hot tea...you have to let it cool down before you add the milk??:confused:

Good luck with finding out if that is whats causing the tummy aches etc x

When you say you can take lactase before a meal what form does this come in?? Ive never heard of it before.

I once thought about trying soya milk but it says you cant put it into hot tea...you have to let it cool down before you add the milk??:confused:

Good luck with finding out if that is whats causing the tummy aches etc x

I'm not sure, I just read about it on the internet. I guess tablet. I know you can put drops in to milk 12-24 hours before to break it down and then lactose intolerant people can drink it. I don't drink tea much and I like earl grey without milk so that wouldn't be too bad. Just cereal really and I like to drink milk.

Do you think you could be too? I know you get upset tummies too. I thought it was spicy food to start with, but it's not chilli etc, just curries which have a load of butter and sometimes cream.

Mmm you may be right!
I tend to get tummy aches when out for big meals too but wonder if i eat too quick & injest a load of air which obviously gives me a gassy tummy!

Im supposed to be trying the veg curry again tonight,wish me luck! x

Mumma K and Nikki did so well didn't they?!
Glad you were there to cheer them on.

Nikster has already made the executive decision that the Scottish Minimates have to do it with them next year & me and Linz are up for that, although we will be demanding alcohol afterwards - just to be sociable of course :D

Mumma K and Nikki did so well didn't they?!
Glad you were there to cheer them on.

Nikster has already made the executive decision that the Scottish Minimates have to do it with them next year & me and Linz are up for that, although we will be demanding alcohol afterwards - just to be sociable of course :D

I'm there with the voddy in me bag!!! haha!!

Kiddin.....it really does sound like a plan tho!!

xxx

Sounds good, I've been to Scotland for a mini meet. Such a shame I didn't know you two at the time, would have been so much better. You two sound like a right laugh and if you come down it will be so much fun :D

Back