Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Sounds good, I've been to Scotland for a mini meet. Such a shame I didn't know you two at the time, would have been so much better. You two sound like a right laugh and if you come down it will be so much fun :D

Aw, thats so lovely Jess...You never know...it might happen!!..x

We went back to the house last night to measure up for sofas. We took photos of the views, they are on my facebook, I've linked to the album Adam posted. It's bigger than I remember, I am so excited to move in. We plan to stay there for a long time so I want to decorate over time and I'm already thinking colour schemes! Now I need to pick what veg and fruit to grow in my patches :)

I have decided my method of losing weight when I move. I will aim for 1200-1500 calories a day. According to the interwebs my basic metabolic rate thingy is 1930 calories a day so to lose a pound that's 1430 calories a day, but I want to mix it up a bit to keep my metabolism chugging along. Adam and I have made a promise to start the C25K app and I'm going to buy some running leggings and baggy t-shirts as I think if I'm dressed properly it will help motivate me :p We're also going to play tennis or squash at the gym once a week, probably on a Sunday. I won't be joining the gym just yet, if I can stick to running I'd prefer to do that, it's cheaper and I don't have to travel to it often. It's only 2 miles away, but until I have my own car it's a bit of a pain to get to. Just going to get a racquet membership for the time being, much cheaper. I'm also going to keep my eye open for some bike bargains on ebay. We want a lifestyle change, not just a diet. I'm going to have a proper breakfast in the morning, at the table. I'm going to lay it all out, cereals, juice, fruit, toast. Proper lunch, proper dinner, and try not to snack on crappy stuff. I might have a jar of "treats" and grab one every few days or something. I don't think Adam wants to count calories or anything he just wants to "stop eating crap" and "stop shoving food in my mouth". He can just eat and eat and eat, I'll make a portion for 4 and he'll finish it off so I will have to put it straight into freezing portions. My problem is just having binge attacks, but there is no popping to the shops where we're moving too, which is handy :) No pizza places deliver and we can't really afford takeaways once we move until I'm working anyway, so that'll stop. I am really looking forward to the exercise, especially tennis. Mumma K says we can have the Wii that she keeps here as she doesn't use it, so I'll get Just Dance for that and maybe pilates (I think that exists?).

Off to Westfield tonight to buy Adam his bday pressies. Also gotta buy myself the next two books in the Magician's Guild trilogy. Best book I have read in long time, it was amazing!

Last edited:
Ooooh Jess - so exciting to be able to start thinking about decorating your house! Colour schemes eh?! You sound like you've got it all planned out.

The weight loss plan sounds like a good idea as well - though difficult to stick with, wishing you the best of luck when you start. A new house might be a huge motivator - like you say you're looking for a lifestyle change really :) Also loving the sound of 'Wii pilates'! Sounds like fab fun!

:D So excited for you both I am going to have a look on FB at the piccys of the place Jess
I will also dig out Just Dance for you too as I don't use that either now haha!!

:D So excited for you both I am going to have a look on FB at the piccys of the place Jess
I will also dig out Just Dance for you too as I don't use that either now haha!!

I love you! :D I also love that you make impulsive purchases that get passed on to me ;)

Ooooh Jess - so exciting to be able to start thinking about decorating your house! Colour schemes eh?! You sound like you've got it all planned out.

The weight loss plan sounds like a good idea as well - though difficult to stick with, wishing you the best of luck when you start. A new house might be a huge motivator - like you say you're looking for a lifestyle change really :) Also loving the sound of 'Wii pilates'! Sounds like fab fun!

Really, do you think it sounds difficult? Is that a low amount of calories or something?

Thank you :) I have no excuse now really, I have the countryside on my door step, no excuse at all not to at least go for a walk!

Really, do you think it sounds difficult? Is that a low amount of calories or something?

Thank you :) I have no excuse now really, I have the countryside on my door step, no excuse at all not to at least go for a walk!
No the calories should be fine - to be fair mixing it up a bit is probably a really good idea. It's just always hard when you're starting 'plan' again. You know - doing all the exercise, eating 3 proper meals a day and that - it's very disciplined. When you're motivated and into it I don't think it seems like such a chore though! And I bet the house move will motivate you enough to stick with it.

As for the walking in the countryside - you know what a big fan of walking I am. Go for it Jess - best exercise you can get!

Sounds good, I've been to Scotland for a mini meet. Such a shame I didn't know you two at the time, would have been so much better. You two sound like a right laugh and if you come down it will be so much fun :D
Thanks Jess, one way or another there would be much laughter - even if it was at us rather than with us :D

It better had we are counting on you two with us next year
Its a date, although I'm thinking a minimates meet is needed before then. I'd love us all to get together!

Jess, I'm so excited and pleased for you with your new home and your new plan. you sound all lovely and happy. I can't wait to hear all about it when you and Adam move in and start making it your home.
You'll have so much fun!

ps. if you need help with decorating give me a shout - will work for alcohol.

In fact, I'm thinking a minimates painting/house warming party would work :p

Aw your plans are so exciting hun, I'm so pleased everything is coming together for you

xxx

Hi Jess, all you plans sound lovely! Bet you can't wait to move in! Hope you've had a lovely weekend! xx

I am very impressed with your new plan for your new life in the lovely big house.

No more maccy d's student lifestyle....will you miss it at all?

when exactly do you get to move?

Im like you with cast offs from my mum..ive had allsorts,a dishwasher,bed for britt,dyson etc etc!
Im like "yep keep buying new stuff cos i can have your old or hardly used" !

xx

I am very impressed with your new plan for your new life in the lovely big house.

No more maccy d's student lifestyle....will you miss it at all?

when exactly do you get to move?

Im like you with cast offs from my mum..ive had allsorts,a dishwasher,bed for britt,dyson etc etc!
Im like "yep keep buying new stuff cos i can have your old or hardly used" !

xx

I've never really had a student lifestyle, so naaah, I won't miss it. I did the first year in dorms, but didn't go out much. Spent the last three years living with Adam and as my degree was at a college there wasn't a big party lifestyle. Takeaways etc have happened mostly since we've moved here! I enjoy cooking, but I need my music. I just want to start working and get into a boring, adult routine. I definitely won't miss last minute assignments.

My mum never has cast offs for me, she's more likely to take my old crap :p If my mum gets rid of something, it's because it's falling apart! Good ol' FMIL though, hehe.

Move August 23rd :)

So, on Saturday we went and picked Cassi up. Put the poor bugger in the cattery, but once she's out she's out! I can't wait to put her in her new house. She was being a little hoe and was constantly rubbing against the box door. I had to spend the whole journey with my fingers in the cage giving her chin strokes or she did her stupid cacky meow.

Sunday was Adam's birthday. I did him salmon and cream cheese bagels for breakfast and he asked for my homemade fajitas for dinner which I did. I had 2, he had four :rolleyes: then he ate a whole trifle to himself. We bought some sofas from DFS which will hopefully be delivered soon after we move in. Also bought a coffee table and side table. Now I'm just waiting around for the weekend, which is Sonisphere. Then there are only three weeks to go, aaah! :D Once I return, I need to start looking for jobs in Sussex. Does anyone know the names of recruitment agencies? I don't want to work for an agency, I want to use the ones that help you find a permanent job?

Im so NOT down with the kids these days,i had to look up what sonisphere is!:eek:

The description google gave was....
Sonisphere,Knebworth. A weekend of rock,metal,electro & punk. A veritable smorgasbord of noise!

Sounds brill have a great time,are you doing both days or 1? x

Im so NOT down with the kids these days,i had to look up what sonisphere is!:eek:

The description google gave was....
Sonisphere,Knebworth. A weekend of rock,metal,electro & punk. A veritable smorgasbord of noise!

Sounds brill have a great time,are you doing both days or 1? x

Both :) Going Friday, returning Monday.

bit late but your plans for the new house sound lovely.. id love to eat round a table but dont have room for a dining table.

hope you have a lovely weekend at Sonisphere.. sounds great.. don't go walking through any crowded tunnels though as i dont want you crushed! xxx

I don't want to wait for about 3.5 weeks to start dieting but nor do I want to start now :p Once I'm back from the festival I'm going to cut down slowly so I don't have the horrible first week hunger. I will cook some meals from my CYT recipe book and try get some more exercise at the weekends. Less snacking. I've got carrot and coriander soup for lunch today, mmm.

I'm a bit nervous about the festival. It's my first one and I like getting in the action, but I don't like going in mosh pits or too close to the front. Adam and my friend Hen like to though, bah. Adam says he will stay a bit back with me and that he doesn't want to go too far forward, but we're also going with his boss and if he does it Adam will want to do it then I'll be left on my own :cry: The food prices are ridic, cheapest is £4 for a burger, hotdog, etc then £6 for a chinese, curry etc. £6 for a meal isn't terrible, but £5 for a bacon roll with 2 bits of bacon is! There's a free shuttle bus that goes back and forth to a Tesco. I think we'll go there in the morning, have a breakfast maybe and buy a sandwich for lunch and just have main meals at the festival or else it will cost £60 for the two of us just for lunch and dinner. I'm also taking some stuff like nutrigrain bars that will keep in the hot tent.

Ooh sounds good Jess
shall have to think about a house warming pressie :D

Bless you Mumma K :) Still waiting on Adam's dad's from when we moved to Woking 3 years ago :D A tea set, I think it was supposed to be :rolleyes:

bit late but your plans for the new house sound lovely.. id love to eat round a table but dont have room for a dining table.

hope you have a lovely weekend at Sonisphere.. sounds great.. don't go walking through any crowded tunnels though as i dont want you crushed! xxx

I will have a table in my dining room and a table in the kitchen ;) I don't have a table for the kitchen though, I will need to look out for eBay bargains. I have lots and lots of space, so lots of room for my minimates to come stay ;)

Aaaah, that freaked me out Rach! I will be staying far away from any tunnels. Also, did you hear about the gang rape at Latitude? Won't be wandering off on my own either, eek.

Have a lovely weekend Jess, hope your ears drums will be ok at the end of it. xxx

Thanks Nikster :)

Back