Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Bless you Mumma K :) Still waiting on Adam's dad's from when we moved to Woking 3 years ago :D A tea set, I think it was supposed to be :rolleyes:

that sounds about right with that pillock Jess
to busy spending his money trying to impress
whatever poor unfortunate his chatting up on the train station at any given time ar*ehole

that sounds about right with that pillock Jess
to busy spending his money trying to impress
whatever poor unfortunate his chatting up on the train station at any given time ar*ehole

He hasn't sent Adam a card or anything for his b-day! Of course, I'm sure one will materialise when he needs to pay the mortgage and will Adam go and pick it up :rolleyes: He's going to tell him to piff off though!

Have a great weekend Jess-can i suggest when you go to Tesco that you make use of their lovely clean loo's too !! having been to many bike rallies I cannot stress how horrible the loos become and always get MrB to take me to the nearest Maccies for a posh poo !!!

You'll have a ball at the festival Jess. Tesco sounds like a plan - for food and loo's! I just couldn't do the festival thing anymore. I used to do it all the time when I was younger but I've gotten far too high maintenance in my thirties! :p

Have a great weekend Jess-can i suggest when you go to Tesco that you make use of their lovely clean loo's too !! having been to many bike rallies I cannot stress how horrible the loos become and always get MrB to take me to the nearest Maccies for a posh poo !!!

I had thought of that Jane! :D I will have to break my fear of public pooing as I can't hold it in for 4 days, I will explode. I thought the festival will be good as no plopping and very noisy, but I think I may heave at the smell.. I can't just imagine. I've just learnt the art of stuffing the toilet with tissue though, so I think I must frequent the Tescos loos :p

You'll have a ball at the festival Jess. Tesco sounds like a plan - for food and loo's! I just couldn't do the festival thing anymore. I used to do it all the time when I was younger but I've gotten far too high maintenance in my thirties! :p

I think I am already too high maintenance but I need the experience :p After this time though I think I will only do a festival if I make use of the hotels and shuttle bus ticket. I just get annoyed by people being noisy and inconsiderate, but that is the whole point of a festival!

Hi Jess, another diary for me to stalk!

Hope you have a lovely weekend at the festival, :eek: at the food prices! When I went to Leeds yrs ago, we did the whole Tesco shuttle bus thing, so you're on the right idea there ;)

Ive only ever been to 1 festival,some folk/rock thing.
It did the usual peeing down with rain to the point where i gave up wearing shoes & just went barefoot:eek:
It took weeks to get the mud out from under my toenails:p

It was freezing in the tent & everyone was up all night playing bl**dy guitars etc etc.(no sleep)
My ex hub got alcohol poisoning & spent the weekend in the tent barfing....shame it didnt finish him off!

Basically the worst experiance i ever had but im sure you will love it!!!

xxxx

I've done a few and loved it when I was younger.

It was perfect when T in the park first started as it was 15 minutes from my house the first 2 years!

2 of my favourite memories are being right at the front for Rage Against the Machine while it poured with rain and watching Alanis Morisette in the sunshine with my brother. We both stood on top of a gigantic stuffed panda to get a better view. It was completely flattened by the end as it was a cheap thing full of polystyrene - and we had drunkenly spent a fortune trying to win the bloody thing!!

Hope u have a great time chick...never been to a festival but done a 16 hr rave thing before....pure magic!!!haha!!

xx

Hiya hun have a lovely fesi I loved the isle of wight one in june and I was chittin myself at going 40 and my first festi :Oo
Loos were worse than I thought but I had to go lol
Take care hope the sun shines :) xx

Hope you have a wicked time Jess - you know my opinion on festivals - LOVE IT! You will have a great time. To be fair I think you just have to go with the flow really - that's the only way to enjoy these things. I wouldn't miss another Glasto for the world, I just love it too much. And I'm fearful of number 2s in public as well - but when you're there you're there! To be fair - I just aim to stay mildly intoxicated most of the time (not wrecked though!) and I find I don't eat that much anyway because it's not proper meal times.

Anyway - hope you have an amazing time, I'm sure you'll love it, just enjoy yourself and have fun x x x

Thank you everyone! I have enjoyed hearing everyone's festival tales, except Charly's ;) I'm sure I will have a blast, I will be in good company and just have to let go. I need to chillax.

Thanks for that Nik, can't have poop in my diary! :D Hannah, I am aiming for a constant state of mild intoxication. I'm sure being wrecked won't be much fun in a tent (though of course I'm taking a blow up bed, I can't sleep on the floor, now, can I?). Doubt I can afford it anyway, bloody prices! I have to keep an eye on that man of mine though as he's a ralpher. He doesn't plan to drink much but he is highly influenced by peer pressure, hehe. I keep telling him to take some gin as he always drinks too many beers and the quantity of liquid is what makes him ralph, me thinks. Won't listen to me though, he says "I can't drink that many beers so it will stop me getting too drunk." Funny that, didn't seem to stop him last Halloween when I had to guide us back to a random hotel in Brighton. Fun morning! Everytime he's with his boss he gets rat-arsed :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've got a little Sonisphere play list going on my Spotify, getting very excited now. I'm most excited about Pendulum cos I can have a proper little boogie to that rather than just jumping up and down or bobbing my head. I'm debating over whether to take a bit of make-up, I think I will. It's a bit stupid as I'll stink and have greasy hair by day 2 but I feel self conscious in public without a bit of slap on. Adam's going down the "take a little as freakin possible" route. I said we should buy him a thin waterproof jacket or waterproof poncho as there will be showers and it's not really hot this weekend, but nooo, too much to carry. He'll just whinge when he's wet and cold.

Hi, just been having a wee nosey at your diary and have some festival tips for you!

If you don't have wellies buy them. Even if its sunny.

Take immodium.

DO NOT forget toilet roll and baby wipes.

Sleeping tablets would help if you do plan to sleep.

The tesco toilet tip is a good one but you will have to go more than once a day. I suggest you buy a tent (like a cheap one from asda/tescos) and take a large cup. Pee into the cup inside the 'pee tent' and dispose outside of 'pee tent' - I do realise this sounds minging but come 8pm on Friday night this will be much more hygenic than using festival portaloos!

Have fun!

xx

Hi, just been having a wee nosey at your diary and have some festival tips for you!

If you don't have wellies buy them. Even if its sunny.

Take immodium.

DO NOT forget toilet roll and baby wipes.

Sleeping tablets would help if you do plan to sleep.

The tesco toilet tip is a good one but you will have to go more than once a day. I suggest you buy a tent (like a cheap one from asda/tescos) and take a large cup. Pee into the cup inside the 'pee tent' and dispose outside of 'pee tent' - I do realise this sounds minging but come 8pm on Friday night this will be much more hygenic than using festival portaloos!

Have fun!

xx

Thanks for the tips :) I'm actually going to spend £13.50 for a "Comfy Crappers" wristband. They are supposed to be really clean and smell good, so I think it's worth the money. I can't be doing with sitting on other people's pee! Immodium is a good idea, I guess all the greasy food will have an effect :p Got tissues and wipes.. I'm still not sure about taking my wellies as it's a metal festival and if people stand on my feet it will really hurt, plus they aren't comfy all day. I can always take them just in case though :)

Jess - I had a full face of slap on EVERY DAY at Glasto. Wouldn't be seen without it. Took it off with my wet wipes then whacked a new load on. Makes you feel more human.

Not sure about the 'pee tent' summerrose - sounds like a lot of effort. I think festival loos are alright. If you don't look down. I often take a body spray with me, spray a bit into the cap then put the cap over my nose as I go in. You might have to scrunch your lips up to keep it on Jess - but at least it masks the smell a bit. To be fair, if you're a little bit drunk - when you have to go you have to go and you just get in and out as quickly as possible. It's never that bad - if one is really grim usually the next one along isn't too bad. Don't let the loos worry you hun x x x

Back