Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Hope you are in & sort of settled...get that tinternet up & running & come tell us all about the new house x

Hi everyone! Thanks for popping in even tho I'm neglecting diaries. Turns out there is no phone line, it seems, as there is no dial tone. When we viewed the house the guy had a modem flashing, and BT don't usually cancel lines unless they've been unused 6 months so WTF! They will get an earfull later.

No tv! Not even channels 1,2,3,4. By sure if it's our cable or the aerial. We'll get sky, but apparently that doesn't work without a phone line! I can see bt ruining my life :p

No 3G but my internet is workig off my phone signal, but that's quite slow.

Sooo many spiders I actually cried.at least one in every corner in each room and lots around windows etc. I think there won't usually be that many, the old tenants just seem like dirty ******* who don't know what a duster is! Apart from one big btard they are all tiny bodied, spindly leg types. I have raided the crap out the house, need to go check cassi is still alive and not poisoned :p Adam has been my hero and killed many spiders. Got to ed at 22 today and place still not unpacked. Lots to do today! It's a lovely day for it, tho that woke me up early as we have no curtains :p

Cassi was half nervous when she came in and half sticking face in everything. She was exploring until we made a bang or something then would hide. Seems fine now and is loving us again.

BT are a nightmare chick!!! Hope you get it all sorted out...xx

Glad ur all moved in but don't envy u with ur spider infestation!!!

xxxx

that fact use to be so
but with the newer fridges the technology has moved on and you need not do it now :D

My Bosch is a new model, only a year old and still has that as the instructions...

Hi everyone! Thanks for popping in even tho I'm neglecting diaries. Turns out there is no phone line, it seems, as there is no dial tone. When we viewed the house the guy had a modem flashing, and BT don't usually cancel lines unless they've been unused 6 months so WTF! They will get an earfull later.

If the line exists though, it shouldn't take them long to reactivate it, it's not like needing a new line put in, just someone has to push a button somewhere?

Glad you've got Cassi back. Will she catch spiders for you???

Sorry to hear bt are being complete idiots but ive heard many many people say they are a load of rubbish too!
I ahve no choice but to use them but only for my sky to work...wish they would put cable in round here cos id dump them like a shot.

Spiders...urgh!! say no more, id have been sucking them up the hoover out of every crevice i could find! then sleeping with 1 eye open!! xx

Glad the move is going well Jess. Shame that BT are complete n*bheads about that sort of thing. Honestly can't understand why such big companies can't just sort themselves out sometimes, it really can't be that hard. Ah well - hopefully they'll get it done sooner rather than later and you can have Sky aswell!

Spiders - awww, I quite like them really. I'd have moved them for you! I caught 2 last night that had crept indoors and popped them back into the bushes where they belong! Ha!

Hope the unpacking is going ok :)

Hello all :) BT drama has hopefully been sorted out. The previous tenant had a line with talktalk. We tried to explain the fact that there was a line here before but the person who rang was from an Indian call centre. I think they should be banned, they just never speak enough English or know what they are talking about! Anyway, we don't want talktalk Internet so can't have our line with them so we have to pay £29 for a BT man to come out on the 8th. Hopefully that will be all active then, but I doubt it. Bet there will be stuff that needs doing on the other end. Basically, we'll be without phone or Internet for ages!

Sky are coming on Sunday and the man on the phone says we can watch it before we activate it with the phoneline and just won't have use of some interactive stuff. Hope he is right and hope they don't charge us when BT screw up.

Sofas, coffee table and lamp table should arrive today! Yay!

Oh and I weighed myself. 13st 5lb! Ouch. Not counting, not until I'm settled but being sensible. Today I ate have a cream cheese bagel, small glass of OJ, 4 squares of dark choc and a few cashew nuts.

Glad your getting your telly and phone line sorted! Hopefully there will be no problems from BT when they come out.

The thought of all those spiders has my skin crawling. I'm a nightmare with spiders. there was a dead one on my bedroom window ledge when I came back from my hols and I even had to get Andy to move that! I can't even look at them.

I can just imagine Cassi nervously exploring. They're so funny with any change. if I even move the furniture Jake, my oldest cat, freaks out for hours. When we had a new carpet fitted years ago he had me doubled over with laughter. He came into the house, stopped at the doorway looking horrified and then obviously didn't want to walk on the scary new carpet. He spent hours bouncing across the room with all his hair standing on endwhen he needed to get anywhere. It looked like he was on tiptoes. :D

Hello all :) BT drama has hopefully been sorted out. The previous tenant had a line with talktalk. We tried to explain the fact that there was a line here before but the person who rang was from an Indian call centre. I think they should be banned, they just never speak enough English or know what they are talking about! Anyway, we don't want talktalk Internet so can't have our line with them so we have to pay £29 for a BT man to come out on the 8th. Hopefully that will be all active then, but I doubt it. Bet there will be stuff that needs doing on the other end. Basically, we'll be without phone or Internet for ages!

Sky are coming on Sunday and the man on the phone says we can watch it before we activate it with the phoneline and just won't have use of some interactive stuff. Hope he is right and hope they don't charge us when BT screw up.

Sofas, coffee table and lamp table should arrive today! Yay!

Oh and I weighed myself. 13st 5lb! Ouch. Not counting, not until I'm settled but being sensible. Today I ate have a cream cheese bagel, small glass of OJ, 4 squares of dark choc and a few cashew nuts.

:D Ooh the old phone obviously decided that the first post wasn't right so did it again haha!!

Never mind about the diet Jess
just get yourself all settled in first

Mum's been telling me about all the malarky with the rayburn not working and the twat taking down the curtain rails what kinda person takes the curtain rails down

ikea do nice cheap curtain rails if you need any!

the previous owner of my house took half of mine, half my blinds too. He also took the shed and a couple of other random things which he said he would leave :p

miss having you on here as much, hope you get sorted soon xxx

Hope you're all settled in :D and have a fab weekend
I have to agree with your review of art & the tate..... It wasn't that great to be honest....! x

heard you had telly.. you got a dvd player? get down asda and buy yourself a cheap boxset to tide you over until everything else is sorted :D

i'm currently enjoying House Season 5.. gotta love a bit of sarcastic Hugh Laurie <3 :D

saw your comment about Cassi spraying - Amber does it on occasion though normally nothing comes out thank the lord.. she gets a smack when she does it though! Luckily, she is currently unconscious around the small of my back so no need to keep an eye on her :D

hope you are managing without the internet xxx

Back