Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Well done on the 3lbs and on the interview - sounds like everything is going well for you Jess. Hurrah!

P.S. I love love love chip-shop cod and curry sauce. Yumscious! How was the fish curry?

Woo for the interview!! everything crossed that it goes your way! :) xx

Well done on the interview Jess, brill news. I'm lucky I'm always the one asking the questions in interviews nowadays! I can give you an idea of the general kind of questions I use but a lot of the time they are specific to the job.

Main things to think about are the type of skills and strengths you have that you will bring to the job and any relevant experience that you can show is relevant.

Think about why you want the job, I love it when someone seems genuinely interested in working for the organisation in an interview and has done a bit of research.

Make sure you don't sell yourself short - an interview is the one place you can get away with talking about how amazing you are - so make sure you do.

If they ask something you don't know the answer to, don't feel under pressure to waffle your way through it, its much better IMO to be honest and explain that its something you don't have experience of or just ask them to rephrase the question etc.

Hope thats a wee bit helpful, but i know you'll be fine xx

Brilliant news Jess

You must already be displaying some of the values they are looking
for as you have obviously done well in the aptitude test
think Nic has given you some already wonderful advice there above me
I'm sure you'll do really well hun so good luck to you

Well done on getting the interview Jess and your weight loss!!

Good luck

x

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies :) It's my day off today, whoo. I'm so tired, I hate the early starts. Need to find myself an office job stat! Got my interview today, hope it goes well.

Haven't weighed myself in ages as I'm always awake too early and don't have the time, but my work trousers feel loser. They were tight but now they're ok.

I got a trial :) They didn't really ask me any questions, just a little bit about my degree and my hobbies.. So I wasted all my time thinking of times I'd worked in a team, when I used my initiative, blah blah.. but whooo :D

woohoo! congratulations :D xxx

Yay, that's so cool about the trial! Well done you :)

How exciting as well for the loose trousers - good times! :) xx

Well done on the trial jess and of course the troosers!!! haha!!

have a great weekend..xxx

I'm reet p!ssed off! Sorry I haven't been around much btw, I'm reading but I don't get chance to post as Adam's always with me and it really bugs me when he stares at my screen while I'm typing. P!ss off and read your own! Need to rent. My friends SUCK. I've lived away from Worcs for 4 years and one has visited me twice, the others once. I go back constantly for birthday drinks, birthday meals, blah blah, as does my lovely, reliable friend Hen who lives in London. One friend, Sarah, always invites loads of randomly young farmer's people (who are kn0bs) and we always get stuck next to them! I didn't drive 3 hours to have a conversation which a bunch of loser strangers. I also visited three of them in Cardiff as that's where most went to uni twice in 1 year. One time I was throwing up all night and throwing up on the way there, could barely speak and I STILL went. Anyway, they said they would come to my halloween party (missed my 21st birthday, 22nd birthday, housewarming, etc etc) but nope. My friend Beth visited recently and she has just go to do a master is York so that's ok, she's visited and has a lot on. Other friend Eileen FBed me a while ago saying halloween weekend was too expensive but she could do blah weekend or blah weekend.. should have booked it a lot earlier! I couldn't do the other weekends, but at least she offered. Sarah text ADAM'S phone, which hasn't been my phone for one year and I've said numerous times as she keeps doing it, saying she couldn't go as she had to go to an engagement party!! Well, these people were supposed to be my bridesmaids but Sarah is definitely out and possibly Eileen as how the feck am I supposed to rely on them to go to dress fittings etc? Will save me a hell of a lot of money. I'm done with them, not going up visit them in Worcs anymore. At least I have Hen!

Aww Jess hunny that sucks
friendship is a two way street though, and if they can't put themselfs out
for you always expecting you to do the running
then you are better off cutting your loses and just excepting that they are
people you know as opposed to friends
thank god for the lovely Hen send her my love btw.
As for Adam he can't help himself Jess he's a nosey so and so haha!!

That sucks Jess, as Kally said, its two way and your friends should make more of an effort. There's only so much you should put into a friendship if you aren't getting anything in return and you definitely need totally reliable people as bridesmaids!

I've got one or two pals who I've known for years but I've had to cut my losses with other friends who were once really close because I finally realised that I was making all the effort.

You'll probably end up making a new circle of friends now you've moved and have started new jobs as well. Is your party still going ahead?

Back