Jezebella's Journal

ahh maybe i should call you then :p lol

Kat Chicken Licken, you should have called I leave home at 6am, always keen for a chat on the dull drive to work in the dark :)

Jez
xx

mmmm that salmon salad sounds lovely!!

Hold on Ms Lily - keep those legs closed till Thursday pusscat! lol

Kat xx ;)

I will make sure I do then honey!!

Kat xx

Kat Chicken Licken, you should have called I leave home at 6am, always keen for a chat on the dull drive to work in the dark :)

Jez
xx

RTM Day 52 (Week 8)

God I am shattered!!! It was such a busy day, half the chefs (those lovely execs) didn't arrive, one of my guys was ill, so very few hands to do very much work. Have actually only just finished all my paperwork now and sent the final emails for the day. Food wise it was interesting. The pasta definately made me feel bloated. I also noticed that I felt much hungrier earlier on today. Suspect it must have something to do with that kind of carb. Did not feel that full after the risotto. Even though I was hungry, I was too busy to stop for a while so had breakfast after 10 of some fresh banana, apple, and raspberries with strawberry yoghurt and a sprinkle of raisins. Cracked on with it and really didn't get a chance to even sit down till after 2. Had a small salad of rocket, tomato and cucumber with about 50g of chargrilled sirloin- totally delicious and one benefit of working in the kitchen. The rest of the guys had steaks on fat focaccias which looked great but I realised I really could do without the bread. And that in the future I can make the same choices I made today. It was just as nice and I got as much enjoyment without the carb factor. I was a bit tempted by my lovely little soda bread loaves - smelled divine. So will probably make one in bread week. I have had a few miniscule tastes of dishes, but these 2 tastings tomorrow are so important and so much rides on it, I had to be sure I was totally happy with things. I doubt it added up to more than about 30cal if that in total. It is quite nice to realise I can have small tastes, just to get a flavour and do not need to have mega tastes like before. Eventually got home and got the dinner straight on. Tonight was some beef stroganoff - perfect for the wintery weather with brown rice, leek and cabbage, and some superb sweet potato and balsamic wedges. I had been craving the sweet potato and did not really want the rice at all but felt I had to try it as I am making every attempt to do this RTM correctly. The brown rice was suprisingly good, and did not make me feel bloated at all. I was full but in the pleasant way, not like I felt yesterday. Pud was hot apple compote with berries, raisins, pistachios and almonds, a lime jelly and some yoghurt. Haven't had a hot compote for a few days so really enjoyed having it again. Might have to have those hot bananas again soon too.

Will try and squeeze in a bar with a cup of tea shortly,but I really feel too full for it now. I will pack food to take with me for breakfast, lunch and a snack tomorrow as I am out the entire day, and in different kitchens. Can't trust they will have the things I need so I feel much happier packing my own. Safe, fat free, I know what's in it etc.

Had an odd thought tonight - I used to be extremely lazy with regards cooking at home for myself. So it was lots of toast and ready meals :) I do not even miss them. I am just loving the fresh and seasonal food. I am also busy re reading A French Woman for all seasons - part 2 of why french women don't get fat. Brilliant and one I would recommend for those in RTM and beyond. Am learning lots of new tricks and positive ways of dealing with things.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, and hold thumbs that Mrs Pumpkin Belly holds those legs together until I get home tomorrow night and the babies only come after I get home. Today is due date but no sign as of yet.

Jez
xx

Busy busy time for you at the moment Jez and exciting time with the impending arrival of tiny fluff balls.
I hope it goes well for Mrs. Pumpkin Belly
and that she will be a good Mum. It seems as though she has a lovely temperament.
Some lovely food choices going on for you, introducing variety on RTM.
I agree it's strange to realise you can just have little tastes of what you cook without having to eat half of what you've made and wonder if there's enough left, or even have to make some more !!! ( I don't miss the bad old days).

The beef fillet sounds divine. I'm surprised they didn't tell you the name of the cow! What did you do with the fillet?
Anyway, must go now. I'm up early to get a couple of hours work in before I leave for an all day meeting. Work is building up for me at the moment and I am very aware of the pressure building up and temptation beckoning - ususally in the form of quick lunch grabbed while working. Lots of carbs always on offer.
So far so good.
Can't wait for the update on your babies. I'll check tonight.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, and hold thumbs that Mrs Pumpkin Belly holds those legs together until I get home tomorrow night and the babies only come after I get home. Today is due date but no sign as of yet.

Jez
xx

Keeping everything crossed, that she keeps everything crossed until you get home! :D

Are we going to get to meet them??? :)

ohh it is so exciting. I feel like I am about to be an Aunty again!

Keep em together Ms Lily!!

Kat xx

Keeping everything crossed, that she keeps everything crossed until you get home! :D

Are we going to get to meet them??? :)

Good luck with Mrs Pumpkin belly...will be thinking about you and checking back later for an update...:)

New life - always exciting. You'll be a great second mum to the kittens. Wonder how many are to arrive? All the best for a successful delivery :).

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzz any news! Any bambinos!??

Kat xx

RTM Day 53 (Week 8)

Thank you sooooooo much everyone for your well wishes for Mrs Pumpkin Belly, she has indeed kept her legs together until I got home at about half nine tonight. She is very restless and talking hugely also doing lots of licking and cleaning, so it might be a long night for me, would be quite nice to get a few hours kip in though. Today was unbelievably long and stressful, but it is done and I did my best, so more I cannot do. I was thrilled with the food, so we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out. I managed to squeeze in some breakfast of banana, apple, raisins and yoghurt. For all my planning and all the food I took with me, I just did not get a chance to eat it. I did snack on a few things, but only things permissable on RTM at this point so at lunch time about 50g sirloin denuded so no fat, and this evening about 75g salmon gravadlax and a handful of raspberries. TBH I did not feel hungry at all which is because I was so busy and dealing with so much food all day. I have some of the uber expensive fillet here for dinner tomorrow from the left overs, so cannot wait for that. Will have to plan some lovely accompaniments, lol am already thinking cauli puree!!! I went so far as to have a little wine with dinner, which was nice. I do feel quite guilty though as I wanted it, but am wondering if it was not more because I have had such a long and hard day - if so was it a bad choice??? Realistically I know that in the old days I would have sat and polished off a bottle, and I settled on just 100ml. Part of me knows I want more, but that is just wanting for wants sake, so I have tried to use my adult state and say no I dont need it and it will not do anything for me. I enjoyed what I had so will leave it at that. Also the guilt if I had more would be way too much. The lovely sister made us gorgeous dinner of spiced salmon with cous cous (done in stock with peppers, onion, garlic and corriander)Some broccoli, beans and patty pan marrows and roast butternut wedges, all drizzled with tzatziki. Stunning and the cous cous was fab. Had no reaction to the brown rice and the cous cous went down really well so, so far this week pasta has been the only thing I have seemed to have a bad reaction too. I will try with some wholewheat pasta at some point and see if it is pasta in general or white flour based products. Pud is fruit compot and a vanilla yoghurt with some jelly. and if I can squeeze it in a hot chocolate shake. I just really feel I need the warmth and comfort. I suppose a cup of tea will do just as well. Ooh forgot to add that I had a small skinny latte early this morning and a skinny cappucino this afternoon between the 2 jobs to warm up. I was absolutley freezing. I think the stress of today and hanging on to hear about Lily and waiting for a call that she was in labour and hoping she wouldnt be when I got home was all too much. Having said that, it could have been much worse, I could have binged, I could have indulged in things off plan so I am again trying to use my adult head and say we all have days like this and it was not a total disaster. Will update later tonight if the babies come, otherwise tomorrow to let you all know the news and what came out in the kitten lucky dip! :) Will also be able to catch up on the threads and posts I have had no time to read over the last few days.

Jez
xx

Sounds like you've done really well. Can't stop. just checked before work to see how Mrs. Pumpkin Belly is getting on xxx

ooooooooooooo I shall have to check in and out! I may even text you shortly! lol I have to know!

Kat xx

can't wait for news of the babies! I love kittens!
Don't get too het up about a glass of wine - no-one said we never had to have alcohol ever again, I think one small glass is very adult and you deserved it!

any kitten news yet?
re the pasta, i have swopped to wheat free pasta and pulse spaghetti.
my family can't tell the difference with the spaghetti - don't give them the pasta tho- too expensive, lol!

i had real pasta at a restaurant on sunday - mushroom ravioli it was absolutely gorgeous, the first ive had since december. its my favourite staple but i overdo it - so im going to save it for the odd night out and stick to the gluten free stuff at home once a week

daisy x

RTM Day 54 (Week 8)

Oh god!!! Will this cat ever give birth??? I am starting to loose the will now. Managed to get a full night's sleep last night and woke up a little after 9am. She was somewhat restless and did much nesting under the duvet, but I think I was just way too tired. From the moment I woke up she has been restless beyond belief, pacing, miaaaaowing, talking, demanding!! She seems happiest if she is lying on her back (lol which is what got her into this condition) having her tummy and very large milk bar massaged!! I am sure it cannot be long now, she has stopped eating and is cleaning vigorously and still pacing up and down howling the house down - poor little thing. I did think to myself earlier today, she has so much to go through, no chipped ice and wiping of brows no tens machine, no epidural- lol poor cat. I promise to update as soon as there is any news.

Food wise today has been good and relaxed - days off are fab for me food wise. Lay in bed cuddling the pregnant one for most of the morning so grabbed a peanut bar for a snack - was too late to really call it breakfast. Headed out to get a few bits from the supermarket. I am making a huge effort to go out and buy small amounts fresh, so they get used up and don't fester in my fridge. After a little trawl through the supermarket, we headed to the tills with our little baskets. It was remarkable how different our shopping is now, compared to 6 months previously. Fresh fruit and vegetables, a little skimmed milk, fat free yoghurt and creme fraiche, some porridge oats and a cereal (in preparation for next week) Not the usual trolley full of junk and ready meals and full fat treats. I felt really proud of myself, and anyone randomly looking at my basket would think ooh a naturally slim healthy eating person. How little they really know!!!

Lunch was a gorgeous salad with loads of cucumber and celery, bit of tomato and gherkin, topped off with some flaked hot smoked salmon, mackrel a bit of cottage cheese and a hard boiled egg. It was wonderful. Usually in my larger incarnation, I would never have considered eating salad on such a chilly day, but my body was really craving lettucy bits. Had a very treaty sf jelly whilst snuggled on the couch under my uber warm Scottish tartan blanket. The height of decadence but that is what days off are for. Dinner was something really special. My sis said she wanted a bit of a veg fest. So we had: mange tout, fine beans, baby corn, baton carrots, broccoli, cauliflower puree and a tiny bit of plain mashed potato. This was rounded off with a slice of the most gorgeous beef ever. The fillet treat I got from the tasting last night (the £45/kg one) and omg it was worth every single penny. That cow had a seriously happy life to produce meat that good! Heavenly does not even come close as a description. Pud is going to be hot compote with some raisins and almonds, and a new type of swirly muller light that I found. If I have space or am up late in the night with you know who (here is bleedin hoping) then I will have a hot chocolate shake. Did not fit one in last night and really do worry that I only manage 1 pack a day if!!

Morticia - completely understand your little sultana addiciton - I am adoring them, raisins and crazens. They are just gorgeous, so trying to be very careful and limit what I have, because I could just gobble handfuls of them!

Daisy, when I try pasta again I will look out for g/f variety and see how that sits with me. The potato tonight was slightly underwhelming and I enjoyed the cous cous far more. Will try potatoes again and see how I enjoy them, perhaps just some plain boiled new potatoes. So far my winners this week have been arborio rice, the brown rice and cous cous. Now was wondering if anyone could advise me here. According to the RTM book, if you have no problems with any of the triggers from this week you can add them to your baseline foods. This is not the case for the rest of the trigger weeks. However LLC has said no you treat this week the same as other trigger weeks - some clarification would be great. MMMM funny, now that I am digesting dinner (ate about 30 min ago) I do feel a bit crampy, so potato might not be great for me either. Tomorrow I am planning a lamb tagine with some cous cous. Cannot wait for this as I adore tagine. I have some preserved lemons that I made in the summer for just this occasion. Also will probably add a bit of dates and apricots to the tagine and sprinkle with almonds. Will eat light for the rest of the day to make up for this.

Well cat cuddling to be done, I do promise updates as and when, and thank you all for your continued good wishes.

Jez
xx

hi there
can't remember about the trigger week, sorry - think i had lost it a bit by then tbh!

fingers crossed for the birth - we used to have 2 cat sisters who both gave birth the same night, 9 kittens between them, it was a long night!
one of them took on the job as mum and would constantly move them all about the house. the other one wasn't interested at all.

sadly i have had a txt off my ex husband tonight(who stil has one of them) to say she is dying, so i am going round tomorrow to say good bye to her. She has had a good innings - we got her in 1991, still sad tho.

daisy x

Awwww hun, so sorry to hear, it is always hard to loose a pet, but she has had a really good innings and she is at peace with her passing. It is only us humans that get so het up about dying.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jez
xx

Back