Jezebella's Journal

I have had a lifetime of over indulgence and don't want any of that lifestyle anymore. A little bit of what you fancy is ok sometimes as long as that is what it stays at.

As for picking, those calories soon add up even if you think you haven't had much so best to "know" what you are having.

Fortunately I do not like Christmas cake, Christmas pudding or mince pies etc...

Kat xx

yeah kat i agree, im gonna have a plate of berries to stop me from picking anything else, not that i will pick anyway, ll has taught me alot and how to control :D if i have something i shouldnt ill be doing 30 minutes extra in the gym for the whole of that week :D

Hey Jez,

Funny you should bring up the dillema re RTM thread or maintenance as I was thinking about the same thing today. In fact I posted on my thread about it and for some reason my post has not gone up....strange I think I must have walked away from laptop before pressing send...:(

Anyway, getting back to the point. I thought about the maintainers forum but it seems quieter over there and less interactive so I would be inclined to stay here. I don't think it much matters in the long run.

I'm having Turkey on Christmas day. I'm making it so will hopefully make the whole dinner a bit lower cal than normal. Will fill my plate up with loads of veg and avoid the roasies etc. Will make my own soup and pud too to keep the fat content down also.

Can't believe your RTM journey is almost over. I've still got about a third of my Green and Black's chocolate left from my week 12...unheard of pre LL...:). It's lovely to see/hear you being so relaxed about things...I told you that would come near the end.

Yeah
roasted veg :D having plenty of that :D

RTM Day 79 (Week 12)

This will be a quickie of a post. The lack of sleep is finally catching up with me and I fell asleep on the couch about 2 hours ago. Long old day of rushing around backwards and forwards, then long time traffic. Just made it to class in time, and decided to make it a pop in, wavesof tiredness were just overcoming me by that point.

Foodwise an ok day, breakfast the same as yesterday, porridge with stewed plums, but I had it a lot earlier than usual, beacuse of having to leave to go to do the job at Trinity over lunchtime. As soon as lunch was served I headed back to base, still hadn't managed to have any lunch, and was quite hungry, also really really thirsty for some reason, so grabbed a big old bottle of water at the tube station, infact I was halfway between stations underground and actually went back above ground to get one. Not sure but nothing else was going to overcome my thirst.

Grabbed the quickest ever cup of tea at 3 when I got back to base, and got on the blower to place orders. finished that just after 4 so was a bit longer than intended, still hadn't eaten so grabbed a banana and had that and a bar in the car on the way home. Dinner was a bit of a rush job, but really good. Ratatouille mix to which I added fajita spice and some green olives, some turkey breast with a little fresh egg tagliatelle and a sprinkling of cheese. Very warming and just what I needed in terms of energy increase and satiety levels. I did fill me up hugely and I am still waiting to see if there are any pasta repercussions. So far so good though. Pud was a strawberry jelly and yoghurt. Have skipped the compote because I am still quite full and because tonights treat will be a skinny cow hot chocolate with a marshmallow on top!! The chocolate from last night was awesome, but again, did not make me want to rush out and binge on the stuff, so it is sitting there in the fridge.

Morticia, will keep posting here too :) Also yup, you were right about the being more relaxed. I am pleased to report that my weight is perfectly stable so seem to be maintaining well, and I will end up at the end of RTM a lower weight than when I started. Wooohoo!

More tomorrow but a late one, because I am working at Tower tomorrow night. Have a great day tomorrow all.

Jez
xx

hi there
ive not decided what to have for xmas dinner yet - usually have nut roast which i love - have you any good veggie ideas jez?

its strange finishing RTM - i didn't know where to post either, so i feel a bit 'homeless at times. the maintenance thread is a bit quiet so i pop back on here sometimes - perhaps you should move over.... and the others can follow when they catch up?!

or just flit between the two!

daisy x

I'll still be posting here as more people post
on this board than the maintence one :D jez your almost at the end how did these 12 weeks on rtm feel?

RTM Day 80 (Week 12)

A very, seriously short post tonight! The day in 3 words - Busy, Busy, Busy - just got home a few minutes ago. Leaving for work again in 6 hours.

The skinny hot choc was fab and I can highly recommend it. Today, usual breakfast of porridgy plum compotey goodness at about 10am

Lunch was just after 1pm and was chicken with a bit of fresh tomato sauce, salad and about 20g of bosciaola style potato.

2 x coffee with milk
1 x nescafe instant cappucino on the drive to the event

Dinner at about 9pm very yummy - the beef olive with some swede and carrot smash and a bit of spinach. Have had a jelly now and will have another FF hot choc. Neeeeeeeeed sleeeeeeeeeeeep, more tomorrow and a proper blog (promise) when I have a reasonably early night. Late again Friday and Saturday night - lol all this work is not good for blogging, but "tis the season for others to be jolly and chefs to work"

Big kisses

Jez
xx

PS daisy will get back to you with veggie ideas, and I still owe TI some recipes for Xmas time, seriously guys I have not forgotten :)

Daisy - I made tofu baked with cranberry, sage, onion and balsamic and it was lovely so I might have that for Xmas. I tried to incorporate Xmassy flavours. Maybe some orange zest would be nice as well. For starter, I'll probably do a small squash stuffed with roasted veggies or cottage cheese. Oooh or lots of lovely mushrooms - the posh ones that are usually too expensive for just a stir fry!

Would love to hear what Jez comes up with though!

RTM Day 81 (Week 12)

Wooster, that sounds fabulous!! I am tempted to try it for some of my xmas guests. Might be quite nice in a phyllo strudel with spinach and some chestnuts through it with the tofu in the centre, you could do this with a fab fresh cranberry and orange sauce to go with it, enhanced with a splash of port. I am doing a few bits next week, working on a nut roast base for a big event in feb so will let you know how it pans out. I am also loving for winter a root veg gateau as an accompaniment. Basically make like a dauphinoise, but with stock as the liquid not cream. You just need really thin slices of butternut, sweet potato, celeriac, swede, bit of potato and then some violet or burgundy potatoes if you get them. Blanch lightly in stock, drain, then pack in layers of one colour at a time in a lightly oiled tray lined with silicone paper. Brush the top with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper, perhaps a little rosemary, cook over low heat until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, cover with a piece of silicone paper, and press, as you would for a terrine. IE place a very heavy object onto the top to press it down, leave to cool then turn out and cut into squares, diamonds, circles etc. Very pretty and festive.

But back to the journal - another bloody busy day, and 2 more days till my 1 whole entire day off!!! I was soo tired this morning I drove off with my travel mug of coffee on top of my car, which obviously fell off somewhere en route, so didn't even get my morning coffee to get me going on the drive. 30 phonecalls and lots of running around later, and I managed to sneak in stewed plummy poriddgy goodness, but with added banana today as I knew there was no way I would get lunch on time. Headed off to Westfield for a client meeting at 10:30, which went really well, and I am soooo excited about this event which is coming up in January. I grabbed my treaty Starbucks skinny latte to make up for the lack of morning coffee and headed off to go to Wimbledon to do the tasting which was at 3pm, It was 12:30 so thought I had plenty of time. Traffic was a bit of a mare, well a lot of a bloody mare actually around Earl's Court. So there I was stuck in the middle of it, when the phone rings again - one of the bosses, asking where I was, so I said, well in the traffic on the way to you but don't panic (she is a huge panicker) the tasting is at 3pm its only 12:30 we have bags of time. Oh no....... they had given me the wrong time it was at 2pm, and now I am stuck in non moving traffic knowing it will take me at least till nearly 2pm to get there. My stress levels were immense, infact I almost had a panic attack!!! Eventually got there and luckily Lucy had the presence of mind to lay all my food out, get the ovens on and get the canapes ready!! Thank god she got over her panic and I got over mine. Made it in the nick of time and apart from a taste of mozzarella, and a slivver of a lamb. Headed home after 5 and en route had to stop off to get cat food and then discovered the most perfect Xmas tree, so stopped and brought that, as a suprise for Bliss and a few very cute decs from the Secret Garden. Kind girl had made dinner so we had all day breakfast - a Grilled mushroom, grilled tomato, 2tbs of baked beans, an egg, some sliced boiled gammon and a few sweet potato chips!! Soooooooo lovely. Pud was a little treaty thing, some jelly - strawberry, and an LL version of an Eton Mess. Meringue is one of the items to try this week, so crushed half a meringue and folded it into strawberry muller light, with some fresh raspberries, strawberries and blackberries!! Totally awesome and I really think you should try it when you get to the appropriate week. Eton mess is fab, but this was better because it was a lot more refreshing and didn't leave you with the guilt or the sicky feeling from eating cream.

Another long day tomorrow, dinner at the aquarium, only 50 people but they are having 3 diff starters, 3 diff mains, and 3 diff desserts so it might as well be for hundreds with the amount of prep - lol oh and canapes pre the meal - all festive lovely and hand made.

4 jobs out on Saturday and it is a pity there is only 1 of me, sometimes it would be useful to be able to split myself up a bit more!!

Well late one and probably a short one tomorrow night.

Take care all

Jez
xx

jez may you guide me, im trying to login to the management side of the LL site, but its not letting me saying client not found? and i must say you are a busy bee :D but its worth it :)

You need your LL Number, also your LLC will have had to submit you, which she should have done when you joined RTM. If you still cant get online, give her a call and ask her to make sure you are on the system to be able to log on. It usually takes a week or so

Jez
xx

okay thank you jez :D

RTM Day 82 (Week 12)

Another fairly short entry... Tis still the damn season.. about the time I get kind of manky with Xmas... and all a bit bah humbug! Just because everyone else is going out and having fun and I am working harder than ever, making all the fun happen for everyone else. Damit I want someone to give me an Xmas party or even just invite me to one. Still shouldnt moan, have DM to look forward to and plan on wearing the fabulous sequin mini skirt and very sexy boots to that!!!

An incredibly long day and mega work, cooking loads, packing the job for tonight, the 4 jobs for tomorrow, which takes hours, had extra chefs in so again a million questions to answer and problems to solve and then the phonecalls!! No wonder I get home and don't want to speak to a soul. I decided to give the guys cooked breakfast today, so had a bit of a fat free version of that. Grilled mushroom, tomato, 1 scrambled egg, a piece of fat free bacon, tablespoon of baked beans and a tiny wholewheat and pumpkin seed roll (mini dinner size so about 40g) It was quite a treat to sit down with everyone else and eat the same kind of things. Lunch was kindly made by Tom, all bits and bobs of what we were cooking so some steamed savoy, roast carrot, gorgeous turkey breast - the others had the roasties and the stuffing - pistachio, apricot and grand marnier which I skipped. Left eventually at 4:30 and headed for aquarium. Lovely job, and it went well but god it went on forever. Came home and Bliss had dinner ready, grilled chicken with a bit of lemon and mozzarella, some roasted root veg and pan gravy. I have logged all the calories and am just on 1000 cals, including my chocolate treat - which was one of the cherries in marzipan then dipped in chocolate that I made for the wedding tomorrow. Am debating if I should have a jelly or a yoghurt, still not sure, will see how I feel after a bath. Will absolutely have a nice hot coffee or tea before bed. At least I get a little sleep in tomorrow then off to Buckinhamshire for a wedding, and another late evening.

2 days of RTM left after this and I am wondering where it has all gone??? Gathering my thoughts for a nice long blog on Sunday.

Have a wonderful Saturday all.

Jez
xx

You have a wonderful weekend to jez :D
and wow rtm
almost over for you wow wow wow

Your root veg gateau sounds amazing. I love including as many colours as possible. Lunch was quinoa with beetroot, carrot, sweetcorn and celery with balsamic - colourful, crunchy and really flavoursome.

I've stocked up on Tofu so might try something out of my '101 ways with tofu' book tomorrow. The weirder the better!

RTM Day 83 (Week 12)

*Jaws theme music playing* .... Well, well, tomorrow is the last day of RTM and then out into the wide world of food, and Maintenance.I still feel quite relaxed, but whilst driving home from work earlier, I realised part of this is probably because I have been far to busy to think of much, let alone allow myself the luxury of time to stress about RTM. I do also realise I have learned some very powerful lessons to take me forward. But as with abstinence ending and realising that a whole lot more to learn lies ahead with RTM, so a whole lot more learning lies ahead for me with Maintenance.

Today was pretty ok food wise and I am still very much on target calorie wise. I had a lovely late sleep, and realistically still could have slept for another few hours... but work called. Breakfast was a lovely Sunrisey porridge affair - porridge is the way forward to keep you full during the day and feeling satisfied. So Oats with some sliced banana, cooked apple and a bit of vanilla berry compote, sprinkle of raisins and a dollop of yoghurt. If I have that I feel great for hours. Toast which used to be my favourite food choice would absoloutely not fill me up in the same way. A pot of risotto packed and off we headed. Got to Hedsor House at about 2 and got busy!! Some oven problems to be had so it was a hard old slog to get it all sorted and ready - somewhat touch and go at times. One of the hired temp ovens had been unstrapped in the delivery van and was somewhat erm smashed up!!! Still because we can occasionally perform miracles, we managed to pull it all together and the food was fantastic!! Lovely wedding indeed. Because we were so busy - litereally non stop, no time to heat the old risotto. I did pick on 2 canape lamb koftas and a bit of veg from the main course. Also had as my treat for the day one of my other chocolate/marzipan cherries. 2 cups of coffee with milk - well one and one for the drive home. I have added in the appropriate calories to cover my lack of lunch but small nibble. I do get cross that work intrudes so much on my eating patterns, but need to find a way of coming to some resolution as work is certainly not going away, unless my lotto tickets tonight were winners!! I think I mentioned earlier, that If I have to snack on something I try to make it healthy or keep account of it in my daily calories and eat less later. Previously I would have nibbled all event long, on lots of bad things and then still eaten, so something has been learnt here.

Dinner was the lush butternut risotto with some sliced gammon and a sprinkle of cheddar. Perfect for this cold and rainy evening. Also very satisfying. So calories sitting on just over 1000, and still space for pud, but not sure if I will have it or not. I do want to stay up to watch the late version of X factor so maybe I will!!! Last night I had some lovely baked apple with a spoon of vanilla yoghurt and raisins - very, very yum.

Tomorrow is lots of sleep, and a mate is popping over to resolve some pc issues I have been having - it is also "deck the tree" day!! Also only 12 more working days for me till Xmas break. By Wednesday next week when the next Brits bit is done, I really will feel like the back of it is broken and I am on the downhill slope.

Tomorrow will be the last RTM entry. I am still undecided as to where I will blog after this, but blog I will :)

Have a wonderful Sunday

Jez
xx

I hope you have had a great day Jez. What did you plan for the main meal - was it a celebration? How do you feel about the future, you seem pretty relaxed and in tune with food and life juggling, despite your very hectic job.

Read the magazine article about sister bliss, fantastic pictures hon. She looks stunning. Hope to meet her again one day.

My final day on RTM will coincide with the family weekend event for my Mum's 70th so there will be a big celebration meal, just it won't be about me - which is really just how I like it. xx

Hey Jez,

I haven't been posting much lately but have been reading you log. Well done for the end of RTM and good luck on just getting on with your life hun.

Kat xx

Back