Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Challenge

I'm looking forward to doing day 2 tonight as despite being sore last night, I missed it. Girls I'm the same so what I do now is I have something small and low points. Most of the time I just have fruit and that'll do me or a yoghurt. I have to do it as soon as I get home because if I sit down, I won't do it.

I'm going to the cinema tonight so wont have time and a gym induction tomorrow night. Might start at the weekend.

When i had a body pump class after work i used to have a chinese style mugshot for 4pp or a cuppa soup for 2pp with a banana will try that again.

I've been trying to have salads for lunch this week, and i think thats why i'm so hungry. I've been pigging out since xmas so my stomach probs stretched and now its harder to fill lol. So i'm drinking a lot of water to try and help x

O i bought the dvd from amazon ... Still building up to watching it and doing it. Got my weights etc. Ill let you know when i start day 1. :-S

Hi everyone!

Just gotta say I LOVE Jillian Michaels, I think she is the most awesome trainer and I would love to look like her - she's so petite and feminine (which a lot of female trainers aren't) and she looks so fit and strong - she's someone I really admire.

However, I have never done any of her workout DVDs as I think they would literally kill me!! :ashamed0005: But reading this thread has (maybe) inspired me to give the 30DS a go. I've looked at it on Amazon a couple of times then rapidly talked myself out of it! I'll think it over and maybe get brave enough to try it one day!!

Do you need weights or anything to do it effectively?

I think she uses hand weights its been a while since i've done it so i could be wrong.

If you do need weights you could always use tins or bottles of water x

I love that new people are joining. The more the merrier :) If you are unsure about doing it, I would suggest watching/doing it on YouTube first.

My plan to do it straight after work did not happen as I was starving when I got home. I have had dinner so going to give until about 8.30 and do it then. I am definitely doing it tonight, I do not care if it kills me :D

Hi, can i join this page. I just did Day 1 of level 1 tonight. I found it hard enough but that is because I'm on a VLCD at the moment. I'm hoping it will get better for me.

Hi, can i join this page. I just did Day 1 of level 1 tonight. I found it hard enough but that is because I'm on a VLCD at the moment. I'm hoping it will get better for me.

Of course you can, the more the merrier. Day one is tough going but it does get better. I just did day 2 and I found it easier. You may feel sore tomorrow but try and do day 2 anyway as it will actually help with the soreness.

I am so proud that I did it tonight because I honestly did not think I would. I felt so tired and bloated. I feel much better for doing it. Bring on day 3 tomorrow :)

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm gonna watch it on You Tube and see what I think - it'll probably scare the hell outta me! But I'd love to try it, I have read so many good things about how it changes your body, etc.

I watched 2 episodes of the American Biggest Loser last night (totally addicted!) and Jillian really is brilliant. Love Bob too!

I think I've got some hand weights somewhere (probably covered in dust in the loft!), so if I decide to give it a go I will try to dig them out - if I can't find them, tins of baked beans will have to do!

Thanks again!! :)

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm gonna watch it on You Tube and see what I think - it'll probably scare the hell outta me! But I'd love to try it, I have read so many good things about how it changes your body, etc.

I watched 2 episodes of the American Biggest Loser last night (totally addicted!) and Jillian really is brilliant. Love Bob too!

I think I've got some hand weights somewhere (probably covered in dust in the loft!), so if I decide to give it a go I will try to dig them out - if I can't find them, tins of baked beans will have to do!

Thanks again!! :)

I love Biggest Loser. It really motivates you to exercise.

I feel so good this morning after doing it last night and I can't wait to do it tonight. I can feel it working on my arms and stomach. 2 days down, 28 to go :D

I'm joining a gym again tonight and plan to go on a morning before work twice a week, think this along with 30 day shred will be too much?

X

I just did day 3. I am on such a good buzz atm so lets hope it lasts into the weekend!

Lulu initially it might be. It would depend on what type of stuff you are doing at the gym. If you are going in the morning then you might be able to fit in 30DS after work.

I had a quick look at it on You Tube yesterday but I had to cut it short as I was supposed to be working!! :8855:

I think it will probably kill me but I do want to try it - I read a lot of the reviews on Amazon and no-one has anything bad to say about it, except for how hard it is but that's to be expected if you're only working out for 20 or 30 minutes. And people are saying they can notice a difference in their bodies within a few days so I think I may just have to bite the bullet and order a copy. I'm a bit concerned it would slow down or stop the weight loss though, a lot of people say that happens because you're building up muscles - now I know inches, dress size and how you feel about the way you look are important but I also want to see the numbers on the scales get smaller so I'm still in 2 minds. Hmmmmmmm........ :thinking2:

I have that worry about the scales. My scales haven't budged since my 2.5lb gain on Tuesday. It's still very early though as I won't WI officially until Wednesday but Im going to London tomorrow so I wanted to see movement on the scale before I went. In saying that I can feel a difference in my body. My stomach is flatter. I really want to take my measurements but I'm going to hold off until I finish level 1 which will probably be next fri.

Just on the toughness, it is only 20/30 mins but when I first did it, it took me an hour. Try and do as much as you can but if you have to, hit pause and take a quick water break. I think it's better to complete it than not to do it at all.

I've been good all week at work. First time since xmas but i'm starving as soon as i get home so have my tea then i feel too full to jump around.

Hope my eating patterns change back to the way they were i used to do a class after work and not have my tea til after which was about 7.30.

Oh The joys of pigging out for 3 month, really not worth it! X

Thanx EabhaDuff, I never thought of taking as long as I need to complete it - doh!! I'm gonna order it and give it a whirl!! Still concerned bout the scales not moving but I've also said I don't really care about the numbers as much as being slimmer and more toned so I guess thats my answer!!
I'm sure you'll have a loss by Wednesday, and hope you enjoy London. xxx

Well done!

I'm not sure if i'll be able to do it along with the gym, went for the first time yesterday and i'm so sore today will maybe have to wait a few weeks unil i get used to the gym again x

Back