Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

So - some advice from those of you that have done this. I do not go to the gym and have no intention of starting. The only exercise I get is my 2 mile walk once a day home from the train station, plus I do the Davina DVD occassionally. Am I being too ambitious trying to start 30 day shred and will it kill me or should I get my fitness levels up before even attempting this?

Any advice appreciated x

So - some advice from those of you that have done this. I do not go to the gym and have no intention of starting. The only exercise I get is my 2 mile walk once a day home from the train station, plus I do the Davina DVD occassionally. Am I being too ambitious trying to start 30 day shred and will it kill me or should I get my fitness levels up before even attempting this?

Any advice appreciated x

I did day 1 today. I wont lie, had to stop and catch my breath a few times :eek: and im sure some of the crunches will become clearer when ive had more practice but it isn't going to kill you :)

What I really like about the girls is they look toned and 'normal' rather than just really skinny. Im actually looking forward to tomorrow :eek: Got just short of 4 weeks till I go away for a long weekend with friends I haven't seen since xmas so im hoping it'll show by then :D

Not sure whether its just the proportions of my tv, but I'm not sure i'd like to look like Natalie or Jillian. They're not very feminine?! Natalies thighs are huge! ... maybe I am just jealous! : (

I think Natalie is beautiful in an Amazonian way - my fella says Jillian is 'butch' - but i follow her on Facebook and some of her pics are HOT! I think Anita is way too skinny tho !

I just want to be healthy and non flabby! that will suit me fine!!! x

Kingleds, I was a total novice when I started too - they don't come much more unfit than me. But take breaks when you need to (which you will at the start!) as she recommends and you will soon see a massive difference in your fitness and endurance levels. It really does get fast results.

Am having a temporary jillianing break because I am veering between ridiculously busy and ridiculously depressed, so will be restarting Monday, providing the latter isn't too much of an issue then.

I'm 60 and I can manage it. It's far from easy when you start (the jumping jacks killed me!) But you improve really quickly, just be prepared to walk like John Wayne for a few days :p

Okay, I will stop being scared about it then and just get on with it!! I already walk abit funny according the OH anyway :)

Did day 1 of level 2 and to be honest it wasn't as bad as I thought. The plank is hard but if you follow anita it is possible. unfortunately there was a bit of day 1 level 1 aching and boy did I sweat!!!!!!

Day 2 done :D and im a wee bit stiff. I was glad of the walk to work today even with the rain as I dont think I could have done my job without a gentle warm up first. I found some xmas smellies in a tidy up this afternoon so I think im going to treat myself to a hot girly bath to try and ease some of the muscle stiffness.

I've done 3 days and I'm bored already! I have a feeling this DVD is going to end up at the back of the cupboard with all the other fitness DVDs!

Heya what do you find so boring about it? If you want to turn off Jillian's instructions and add music i think you can do that in the audio menu of the DVD :) And wait till you see level 2 :eek: Its a killer lol

Well Done to everyone else who's doing the Shred :D

I am surprised you are bored too - i dont have a second to be bored.....as suggested, crank some music up and mute the telly :D

x

I got bored with level 1 but level 2 is keeping me going. Having said that, I've got no enthusiasm for today's session. maybe once I get changed I'll be more up for it. 15 days done (4 days on level 2) in 3 weeks, as I can't usually do Fridays and weekends. Which is why I need to do today's session :D

Day 3 finished. Didn't get a sweaty or stop as much, even found myself kicking my butt during the butt kicks :D
Just wish I could get the hang of the crunches, I feel like im doing them really wrong, I hope once my tummy fat is less things will start to feel better.

Day 3 done : ) first time I've made it all the way through too. V pleased with self! ... did substitute the bicycle crunches with regular once but at least I didn't just watch! X

Back