JoanneM's Diary - over 8 stone gone!

It wont let me look at your pictures? Maybe because I dont have enough posts still but a massive well done on reaching 100lbs! :D

Hi Miss G, Ive just posted in the before, during and after thread in the stickies at the main forum so youll be able to see them there.

Joanne!!!! I need to see these photos. Omg 100lb that is fabulous. You are so close now, and size 16s! Way to go girl, I'm so proud to know you. I needed to loose 100lbs too, it sounded so much in the early days, seemed so far away ... But now I know I am more than half way - seeing someone else do it shows me it's do-able. X

Its definitely doable Bobbi although I am starting to lose the momentum now. Not giving up on dieting by any means but seriously considering a more lenient diet. Right now every single day is a huge struggle and I dont want to be living like this coz it will end in a huge binge coz Im feeling so deprived. Much as it pains me to say it Im seriously considering starting refeed tomorrow coz I dont think I can keep going.

Right I have now made a final decision. I really need a break from tfr so instead of just changing diets completely Im going to do it temporarily. For the next 4 -6 weeks Im going to do WW until I can get my head back in the right place to do this again coz right now its nothing if not half hearted. Going to spend the next few days doing a very basic refeed - it shouldnt be too much of a problem coz Im not in ketosis anyway so wont have a huge gain anyway. Just need to start introducing more calories.

Im also going to change my WI day to a Friday coz the way WW now works means you get weekly points which I know I would be more likely to use at the weekend.

Wish me luck guys although Im not actually going anywhere. Still plan on hanging around here as much as I do just now even though I wont be doing Exante for a while.

awwww joanne, sorry to see you go but if needs must then good luck to you.
im sure i will still be here when you come back. just make sure you do come back as going to miss you
:grouphugg:

You dont get rid of me that easily Julie. I know my losses are going to drastically slow down by doing a more conventional diet so need to come back or Ill never get to goal, lol.

Joanne honey you need to do what is best for you. You have come so far so that alone will keep you on the straight and narrow.
And please do let us know what WW is like, I know when we (I) stop here too I will always need to follow a plan to stop me going back down that slippery slope.

aw joanne you naughty girl. i had one this morning too a 2 finger one. but have been good since.
how are you doing weight watchers meetings or online i done it when i was younger and reallly enjoyed it but i dont wanna go to meetings so might have a peek online let me know how you get on. take care

Im just going to do it myself. Ive got a propoints calculator and the forum on here is extremely useful so fingers crossed.

A change is as good as a rest - as long as you don't leave us!!

Let us know how you get on with WW - was thinking of doing that to maintain but not sure about new programme - you can be my guinea pig ;)

xxx

id like to do it on my own as i remember the points thingy really easy last time but i need to learn how to do it again and how many points each food is. i think i might start with you joanne could you let me know what your eating daily so i can get the hang of it for a while as i caved in again and ate with dh after we made up.

Just seen your latest pic.....I am in serious awe of how well you have done-WOW!!!

Major congrats and kudos to you!!

Good luck with WW - after 100lbs I'm sure it will be good for you to switch things up and you can always do short spurts of TFR if you ever feel like it!

Thanks for all the support and inspiration - keep posting we want to know how you get on

XXXXXXXX

Ill be officially starting next Sunday Spyro so Ill let u know how it goes. Currently I'm planning on sticking with an Exante shake for breakfast which works out at 6 points leaving 23 for the rest of the day. Hopefully Ill be sticking in the main to low carb/gi as well. I'm just trying to gradually up my calories for the rest of the week so I don't have an initial gain.

A very wise choice Joanne. You will do fine. I'm going to join Rosemary conely after my last few pounds.
Keep smiling x

I've done Rosemary Conley before Shanny and it just didn't work for me. For some reason I just don't lose weight by doing low fat.

Well so far so good. No gain showing on the scales this morning. According to the new WW plan I should be on 29 points a day. The packs add up to 18 so Im adding a couple of extra points a day. Saturday I will definitely go over coz Im going out but Ill just assume that is my weekly points worth (you get an extra 49 weekly points) and start with 29 on Sunday. Feeling extremely good about the decision at the moment although I dont have a clue what to eat over the next couple of days until my shopping is delivered. Ill figure something out though.

Well done joanne how did you work out the points?

I bought one of the new propoints calculators from ebay but there are online versions around. If you want Ill find you a link for one Spyro? You just put in protein, carbs, fat and fibre and it calculates the points for you.

Back