JoanneM's Diary - over 8 stone gone!

Lol its a disgrace eh Joanne. I used to work as an advisor in the jobcentre til my contract ended in july, and theres no way id have advised someone to apply for overseas jobs! Thats terrible! lol.

Rgards to the diet, youve come so far so it would be completely patronising for me to tell you "stick at this diet"....do what is right for YOU. You will get to your goal, but dont suffer all the way along....if you feel WS or atkins is right for you, go for it, you have my support wherever you are and whatever diet you are doin :) xx

Aww thanks Mandy. Ive actually just been thinking and as of tomorrow Im going to try having my meal for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner. That means I wont be as hungry in the afternoons which is when I usually struggle. Has to be worth a try anyway.

Anything has to be an improvement on the way Ive been feeling the past few days. Im not a night time eater anyway so it definitely could work. Ill keep you updated on how it goes.

Im the opposite, i could go til 4pm without even thinking about food and often have my first shake late afternoon bt when it gets to this time my mind starts thinking about food! Its hard cos being in ketosis really doesnt help cos i guess i ued to eat for pleasure before, not necesarily cos i was hungry so lack of hunger does nothing for me really lol. Ive decided to have 2 WS days a week to give me something to look forward to lol. x

I know!! lol. Im so excited about the fact im having a roast chicken salad tonight whereas before id think nothing of phoning a takeaway at the drop of a hat! Got to be a good thing tho lol x

This is true. Its like my not dreaming of eating the galaxy in the fridge but dont mind eating a protein bar, lol. Just hope we stick with it when we stop dieting.

I know thats my fear lol. If this is supposedly the easy bit and maintaining is where it gets hard i might as well start crying now lol

why dont you have something low calorie, like egg whites? you could have a few of those and maybe a few slices of wafer thin ham? almost no carbs there and no where near 200 calories! you could pack it up with a load of cucumber and ice berg lettuice!

You and me both Mandy.

Im fine now Jam, its passed my bad time. Quite happy to not eat for the rest of the night.

wow, well done on the weight loss this week. :)
how did it go at the clinic?
sounds like having your meal in the morning worked. keep it up. you can do this :)

The treatments at the clinic are making a difference. Not a huge one but I've only been 3 times so far. I have another 13 visits to go so hoping it does make quite a noticeable difference coz there is no way I can afford a tummy tuck and a breast uplift when I've managed to lose this weight.

Morning hun, how are you feeling today?

Dull here but at least the winds have stopped and it's dry for the time being.

Hopefully heading out to the pool with my little ones (4 and 2.5) shortly so that should keep me entertained and of food :)

Its the same here thankfully. DS has been begging me to go swimming since the snow was here. I keep telling him its too cold. The other problem is that I don't actually have a costume that fits me and I hate to go to the expense of buying a new one when. Chances are we will only go once or twice before he loses interest.

Hope you have a good day though. Your two are at a good age for swimming. I used to go all the time when my 2 were little although DD never did get over her fear of water no matter how hard I tried.

Just remembered something I wanted to post. I was looking at my WI diary last night and worked out my average losses. Interestingly it turns out I managed to lose an average of 2.66lbs a week on Atkins and I've only lost 2.59lbs a week on Exante. If that weren't an incentive to change back I don't know what is.

Still going to try hanging on in with Exante though but another day like yesterday and I'm moving back to it without one iota of guilt.

Back