Joanne's Diary...V.Exciting news!!!!!!!!

How'd it go? xx

hey Jo, how did your run go? can't wait to find out how you did :) hope you enjoyed it xxx

Hi all :D

Thank you so much for all your kind messages and good luck posts. Well..... 10k was great really enjoyed myself. However really disappointed with my time :mad: did it in 1 hr 08 mins. Rubbish :( You know what tho I tried my best tho and couldn't have made my tired wee legs run any faster. It really was a great day, pretty emotional too! Everytime I passed someone and read their t-shirt that would set me off again!!!!

So, wait for it......I've talked myself into doing the half marathon in september :eek::eek: I know I must be insane! but i've definately caught the running bug and definately want to keep the running up.

Legs a bit sore today (which im surprised at!) Went out yesterday afterwards for dinner and had a glass of wine, my god you'd think i had tanned the whole bottle, felt half cut and had to get home to my bed was shattered! Went for a walk tonight to try and loosen my legs off then had a lovely long soak in the bath, was fab!!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend too x

ah well done, thats a great time!! I would be pushing the 4 hr mark!! Well done! hope legs arent too sore!!

Well done Joanne you're a star and especially signing up for the half marathon

M

Hiya Joanne.
WELL DONE SUPER STAR.
fab time too,thanks for all your support hun.
Good luck with the ½ marathon training.
have a nice day xx

well done! i still think 1h 8 minutes is amazing and i am very impressed with you :D good luck with your half marathon - I am sure you will manage it just fine.. will ready myself to cheer you on during training for that :) xxx

Well I would have had to stretchered off!! Well done - you really are an inspiration. So much so I was out walking Smudge at 6am and pondered (while walking) if I'd be able to run..... I just don't think I can..... I need to go to the gym 'n get in practice or even start doing it in the dark (oo-er Missus....sounds rude!) So you've even got me considering wobble fest..... watch this space.... I did run across a road coz a car was coming, does that count? :D

Well done hun - you're a hero! Yay!

xx

Hi Joanne, great time - you should be really proud of yourself.

I would love to be disciplined enough to train again for a half marathon but not sure that I could be.

Very impressed by your determination. xx

that is a great time - well done
something I can only dream of with my dodgy knees - can walk one just not run one - maybe one day

Hey Joanne,
How you feeling today? Hope your not too sore xx

Hi all

Sorry I've been a bit awol (gosh ive been making a bit of a habit of that lately!!)

Legs are completely fine thank goodness. Car had to go into garage on monday after school so had to walk home from garage (about 3 miles :eek:) so i reckon that loosened the legs up a treat and have been fine ever since!!!

So car has been a total nightmare of late, been playing up over the last few weeks, silly light keeps flashing and bit shuddery. I've been using boyf's car this week and been mostly staying with him (hence me being awol!). However got car back and it seems to be fixed now (fingers crossed). It's such a worry when car isn't going, especially as I have so far to travel for work!

I'm afraid to say eating hasn't been that great this week, could have been better! Out last night at a gig in King Tut's. Went to see The Sunshine Underground - they were awesome!!! The usual pre-gig pizza was the order of the night and I just couldn't resist. Even worse ive had a chinese tonight :eek::eek::eek: However going to get back to it tomorrow and try ultra hard next week, need to shift this jelly belly before my holiday!!!!

Half marathon training starts 2moro, going to do a 10k I think then start trying to increase it so we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to getting back out, not been out since sunday!

Anyway ive wittered on for Scotland here....i'm off to catch up on diaries. Hope everyone is well

x

QUOTE=smilerjen;1590675]ah well done, thats a great time!! I would be pushing the 4 hr mark!! Well done! hope legs arent too sore!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Jen, legs are fully recovered-phew!! x

Well done Joanne you're a star and especially signing up for the half marathon

M

Thanks M, I reckon i must be mad signing up for the half marathon, think i was delirious from the run ha! x

Hiya Joanne.
WELL DONE SUPER STAR.
fab time too,thanks for all your support hun.
Good luck with the ½ marathon training.
have a nice day xx

Thanks Fuzzy, reckon i'll need the luck for the 1/2 marathon!!! Hope your exercise regime is going well! x

Well I would have had to stretchered off!! Well done - you really are an inspiration. So much so I was out walking Smudge at 6am and pondered (while walking) if I'd be able to run..... I just don't think I can..... I need to go to the gym 'n get in practice or even start doing it in the dark (oo-er Missus....sounds rude!) So you've even got me considering wobble fest..... watch this space.... I did run across a road coz a car was coming, does that count? :D

Well done hun - you're a hero! Yay!

xx

Hey Sherry

Well glad I could be of assistance, of course you could run I have every faith in you! Running across the road is always a good start :D Let me know if you decide to give it a bash!!

x

Hi Joanne, great time - you should be really proud of yourself.

I would love to be disciplined enough to train again for a half marathon but not sure that I could be.

Very impressed by your determination. xx

Hi Rosie
Hadn't realised you'd run a half marathon before, wow! Well done you, I may well be bugging you over the next few months for advice, never even considered doing the half marathon before so this will be a huge achievment for me!! I think my first stop will be new trainers!

x

that is a great time - well done
something I can only dream of with my dodgy knees - can walk one just not run one - maybe one day

Thanks so much, I reckon walking is just as good for you as running anyway!
x

Hey Joanne,
How you feeling today? Hope your not too sore xx

Hi Hayley
Been awol AGAIN! Good news is im feeling fine! Legs are back to normal, thank goodness! x

Hey Joanne, Pleased your fully recovered. Sounds like you've had a fab week so far. I'm sure your'll get back on track, especially when you start the running again.
Hope you have a good evening xx

Hope the car is behaving - its a complete nightmare being without one

how did the training go today

Hey Joanne, Pleased your fully recovered. Sounds like you've had a fab week so far. I'm sure your'll get back on track, especially when you start the running again.
Hope you have a good evening xx

Hi Hayley

Well running started up again today even though it was pouring with rain!! I reckon thats motivation!! Just did a wee short run tho, 2.5 miles. Home now to get dinner and have a nice hot bath. Hope you've had a good week too, enjoy fri night!
x

Hope the car is behaving - its a complete nightmare being without one

how did the training go today

Hiya, yup car is behaving (thank goodness!!) It's running like a little dream and yes your right it is a total nightmare being without it,
Training back on today despite the miserable cold wet weather, thats me back on track! Only short run but every little helps!! Hope you are having a good week
x

Good luck for WI xx

Back