Jodie79 SS Diary Day 1 to Goal!!!

Hi Trine,

Thanks for the post!!! It must be so hard cooking for 3 boys. I do cook for my OH but he is great, apart from sitting down for tea he will try not to eat around me as he knows i find it hard.
I have my first weigh in on Tuesday, i'm weighing every 2 weeks at the mo as my CDC is having an extension built. So hopefully i will have lost a fair bit in 2 weeks.

Jodie x

DAY 12

Hi guys,

Today has been a little easier, which is good at least i'm on the way up and not down. I have tired to keep myself busy to take my mind off food.

Had my porridge for breakfast, banana shake with ice whizzed up for lunch and vegetable soup for tea.

Went into Reading today shopping bought my best friends daughter some yellow converse boots for her birthday they are only a size 3 they are so cute. Bought my brother a lovely shirt from All Saints for his birthday just hope it fits. I treated myself to a pair of white converse pumps and a pair of Havaiian flip flops for my holiday. I was looking at all the nice clothes in House of Frazer, i so can't wait to be slim.
I was a little bored when we got home so i asked my OH if he wanted to take a walk to the pub. He had a couple of pints and i had sparkling water. It was a lovely walk there and back, 3 miles in total.
Was going to go to the gym but decided against it as the walk was just enough for me. 2 more days until weigh in, i can't wait!!!

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend!!!
Will be back tomorrow!!! :wave_cry:

Hi Jodie. Well done to sticking to the diet. i haven't told people at work either because I know they would slag it off and say I'm starving myself. I think we started the same time as I'm on wk2 as well. I get weighed on wednesday. Good luck for your wi. :)

Hi MusicStar,

Thanks hun. Yeah we must have started at the same time as i'm coming to the end of my 2rd week. I get weighed tomorrow night and i can't wait!!! Good luck for your weigh in on Wednesday and let us know how you get on.

Jodie x

DAY 13

Hi guys,

Today has been good, felt a little hungry this evening but once i had my soup for tea i was fine.

I had my porridge for breakfast, Mint choc shake with ice whizzed up for lunch and mushroom soup for tea.

I have some great news, we booked a holiday today to New York for 4 nights in January, we are staying in a 5 star Ritz hotel. I can't wait!!! It also gives me something to look forward to and to aim for, i want to be going to New York slim. We went to the registrar this afternoon to give notification of our civil ceremony next year. Also had to drop my Mini Cooper S in the garage as the petrol gauge is playing up, hope they get it sorted as i only got it a few months ago. So had quite a productive day which i like as it keeps my mind off food. Oh also popped into town with OH for a starbucks, i only had a black coffee and went into Warehouse and bought a size 12 dress for my holiday in 10 weeks. I tried it on when i got home and it fits but i need to loss weigh to look good in it, my legs looked chunky but i should have lost a fair few pounds by then, I hope!!!

Well its weigh day tomorrow, i'm so excited. How can you be so excited about getting weighed, i must be mad!!! I have also nearly completed 2 weeks of 100% SS.
Hope you have all had a good day!!!
:wave_cry:

Hi GeeBee,

Thanks for the post, might have to give that whisk idea ago. I use my shaker at work at the mo, but when you use a whisk it seems to mix it better. Good luck with your journey.

Jodie x

DAY 14

Hi guys,

2 weeks of 100% SS Complete. Just been and got weighed and i have lost 10 1/4lbs. I'm really pleased plus a little gutted it was'nt a little more. I know that it is a good loss and i would never have lost that amount on any other diet. I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it 100%, just need to keep going!!!

Had my porridge for breakfast. Vanilla shake with ice whizzed up for lunch and chicken & mushroom soup for tea.

I've had a really lazy day and not done alot at all. The workman came round to do some work on our house as we have lived in it over 2 years now and there where a few small cracks and pop holes that needed sorting. I had a little nap this afternoon, i came over all sleepy, think it was the heat, it has been so hot today. Then went for my weigh in tonight. Luckily my CDC is back to weighing weekly so that will keep me motivated. I got the CD magazine hoping it will inspire me in some way. It is so hard to imagine myself in 9 weeks time, getting ready to go on holiday to Mexico, i just can't see myself slim.

Well i best get my stuff sorted for tomorrow as i'm back to work!!!
Hope you have all had a good day!!! :wave_cry:

DAY 15

Hi everyone,

Well i'm into my 3rd week of 100% SS. Had a really good day. Was really busy at work so the time flow by. Obviously i still thought of food but not as much as normal.

Had my apple & cinnamon porridge for breakfast, mint chocolate shake for lunch & oriental chilli soup for tea.

Back to work today and it was busy. We had a VIP visiting so had to do sandwiches and pickups. Mini pastry products, smoked salmon, pate, chicken, tuna, ham & prawn sandwiches, it was to die for, but i was strong and to be honest was not as tempted as i have been, things are getting a little easier. Went to the gym at lunch time, 20 min cross trainer (271 cal burnt) 50 KB sit ups, 30 Fly, 30 Tricep press. Felt so good once i was done. Popped in to see my friend Jo as she is on CD too. She lost 8lbs in her first week, its nice chatting to someone else who is going through the same as yourself. My OH is going away tomorrow for 3 weeks, i hope that i can stay 100% while he is away, its going to be a test as he keeps me on the straight and narrow, really want him to notice the differents when he returns.

Hope everyone has had a good day!!!

Hi Jodie, Your post caught my eye as I am ex RAF and my partner is still in the RAF. where ru based? I am restarting tomorrow after a few weeks off and your diary has really inspired me.

Hi Faithandcooper,

Thanks for your post, i'm glad that i'm inspiring people. I'm based at Odiham. How long have you been out of the RAF & where is your partner based? Good luck on your journey, keep me posted on how you are getting on.

Jodie x

DAY 16

Hi Guys,

Today has been ok, have felt a little tired and felt hungry when i got home from work, but i'm here still going strong.

Had my porridge for breakfast, banana shake for lunch and cheese & broccoli soup for tea which to be honest i was'nt that keen on, don't think i will be ordering that again.

Well my OH went away today, i had to get up early to drop him off which is one of the reasons i have felt so tired. Kept myself busy this morning at work, went to the gym at lunch, did 20 min threadmill (261cal burnt), 50 KB situps, 30 hip abductions, 30 seated leg curls. Finished work at 4pm and came home to an empty house :(. I hate it when my OH is'nt here, i've got 3 weeks of this!!! I had a little sleep as i was feeling hungry and needed to take my mind off food. He said to me before he left this morning to stay strong while he is away as he knows how much i want the end result. I really want him to see the differents on his return.

Well i'm off to bed in a mo!!! Hope everyone is keeping strong on there CD journey!!!
Bye for now :wave_cry:

DAY 17

Hi everyone,

Today has been a little hard, just been feeling a little hungry. I think it is because my OH is away and i know that knowone is here to keep an eye on me. I'm still 100% and i'm so proud of myself.

Had my porridge for breakfast, vanilla shake for lunch and vegetable soup for tea.

Had lots of paperwork to catch up on at work this morning so that kept me busy. I went to the gym at lunch, 20 min cross trainer (270 cal burnt), 50 KB sit ups, 30 fly and 30 tricep press, felt great once i'd finished. I left work at around 4pm, its when i get home that i start to feel hungry. I had thoughts going in and out of my head today 'if you have something to eat you can get back on it tomorrow' and 'go on have a bar of chocolate', it was like a little person inside of me telling me to eat. I think if i had something to eat i would'nt be able to stop and the fear of going through ketosis again puts me off. I bought a couple of bars on Tuesday, one peanut and one cranberry, i have saved them for this weekend. Really looking forward to trying them, hope they are nice!!!

Hope everyone is having a good evening!!!
3 weeks today and my OH will be home:D
Bye for now:wave_cry:

Hi Jodie, you are doing so well! I am on day 19 today so think we're about the same and I'm finding it SO hard at the moment. Keep getting really hungry and wanting something other than liquids. Everything I see makes me hungry! Anyway, hope you're doing better than me and it's so good that you spend time in the gym. I've been meaning to get down to the gym but never seem to make it. Keep it up!

Tx

Hi Trine,

Good to hear from you. I do find it hard as well, i have food constantly on my mind, its mad!!! But i so want the end result. I go to the gym on my lunch break at work because if i did'nt i would end up caving in and eat something and plus it is helping me tone up. Have you managed to be 100%? I'm afraid that if i cheated i would'nt be able to get back on the wagon. Keep us posted on how your doing!!!

Jodie x

DAY 18

Hi guys,

Today i have been lost without my OH and tried to keep myself busy to take my mind off food.

Had porridge for breakfast, Cranberry bar for lunch, well i cut it up in to small bits and put it in the fridge and ate it through out the day. Not really sure what to think of the bars. I felt hungry all day, don't know if i would prefer having a shake instead, will try the peanut bar tomorrow. Had leek & potato soup for tea and it was so nice, will defo be getting some of them again.

I had to go to the post office this morning. I was looking at all the chocolate and thinking i could just get a load of munchies now and sit on the couch all day and eat & watch movies,how nice would that be!!! But i did'nt i know that i would be so guilty if i did. I just came home and spent most of the day washing, cleaning and ironing. I'm wishing my life away, i can't wait for my holiday, 9 weeks tomorrow we fly, i so hope that i'am slim by then. I just can not vision it. I'm going to take a laxative tonight as i'm feeling a little bloated and have'nt been since Tuesday (tmi). Don't want it to slow my weight loss down.

Well i hope that you are having a nice weekend.

Hi Vicky,

My friend is at Marham, she likes it there. I used to be at Coltishall years ago, loved it!!! How are you finding getting back into CD after having a few weeks off. I'm going on holiday in November, would have been on the plan for just under 12 weeks then. I'm worried that i won't be able to get back into it when i return. I know its a long way off yet but i find that i have so much time on my hands now that all i think about is CD or food of course! What days do you get weighed?

Jodie x

DAY 19

Hi everyone,

Well today has been ok, have felt hungry! I think is was because i did'nt have alot to do and plus no OH here to keep my mind of food.

Had my porridge for breakfast, Peanut bar through out the day. I think the bars are good for when i'm out shopping or having a busy day but i do prefer the shakes, looking forward to one tomorrow as have'nt had one all weekend. I'm going to have oriental soup for tea.

Clean the kitchen this morning and then sat on the internet most of the afternoon catching up on e-mails and sorting out my wedding. I have been bored and quite looking forward to going back to work, thats a first!!! I'm going to go to Reading next weekend window shopping, will have to try a few clothes on to see how they look. I definately feel slimmer. The laxative worked so i don't feel bloated anymore. Can't believe that i have actually got to day 19 never would have thought it on day 1. but can i get to day 81, i hope so as thats the day before i go on holiday.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!!!

DAY 20

Hi guys,

Day 20, can't believe i'm in the 20's!!! Today has been good, back to work and kept myself busy.

Had porridge for breakfast, Butterscotch shake for lunch, it was so nice to have a shake as i have'nt had one since Friday and oriental soup for tea.

Work was busy and the day seemed to fly by. I was in the kitchen today and where i was working i could smell the flapjack and cookies cooking in the oven and it smelt amazing but i was'nt even tempted, that felt so good!!! I just no i'm feeling good about myself. Went to the gym at lunch, 20 min threadmill (262 cal burnt) 50 KB sit ups, 30 hip adbuctions and 30 seated leg curls. Have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow and i can't wait!!! I will still weigh on my scales in the morning so that when i finish CD i will be able to keep a check on my weight weekly on my own, but the result i post on here will always be my CDC scales. So i will post tomorrow night with my results, i'm scared but also excited, crazy is'nt it!!!

Hope you have all had a good day!!!

Last edited:
DAY 21

I have made it 3 weeks 100% on SS, I'm so proud of myself. Had another good day and i think it is getting that little bit easier.

Had my porridge for breakfast, fruits of the forest shake for lunch,Yum Yum, and leek & potato soup for tea.

Well i got weighed tonight and i lost 2 an a half pound, was hoping for a little bit more but i'm still happy, would never have lost that on any other diet. She asked if i could up my water a little, i have been drinking 4 litres a day, everyday since day 1, i will try to up it a little but i thought that 4 litres was quite alot already, oh well it won't do any harm trying. Have just stuck to my porridge, shakes and soups this week as was not overly excited about the bars. I'm looking forward to another 100% week! I also have lost nearly 3 inches off my waist! Its at times like this that i love CD! I just hope i can continue on this postive note until the end. Kept myself busy at work today, went to the gym at lunch, 20 min cross trainer (272 cal burnt) 50 KB sit ups, 30 fly and 30 tricep press. Off to the hospital tomorrow which i'm not looking forward to but i'm thinking postive about it.

Hope everyone is feeling as good as i'am, just keep going!!! If i can do it anyone can!!!

Back