Join me for a lent challenge?

Still going and 2lbs off at weigh in today - that is 5lbs since the start of Lent!

Bit shakey today really craving crisps but resisted.:p I must remember to take some mugshots as savoury snack at work.

Hope everyone is still going strong with their Lent challenges!!

Yep - still no alcohol (and not missing it at all) and wasted food has been kept down to £2.50's worth so far.

Last edited:
Yep, still going. Have had two meals out since I started that I'm not sure of the syns for, but as I'm sticking to about 7 or 8 syns every other day I think they are pretty much covered.

I'm still off the alcohol - had a night last week when I really wanted a glass of wine, but resisted.

All good :) no sweet snacking!!

Are we half way this wed? Or have I worked that out wrong?

Well I am breaking lent and having a little drink tonight! My granda passed away on Thursday night and I really feel like I could do with a drink to unwind a little and relax. Having 2 330ml bottles of coors light and then that's it, no more for the foreseeable x

Sorry to hear that :( hope you are ok

May I join in too? It is a little late but I did start at the start of lent, I just have not been on the thread. I have given up all syns from sweets and chocolates and so far I have stuck to that, but some days are more difficult than others. Although I have always been pretty good about keeping to my syns allowance, before lent those syns would occasionally include chocolate. I decided to include ALL chocolate flavour in anything - choc shots, muller lights with choc sprinkles, chocolate digestives or Mikado sticks, as well as all (non-chocolate) sweets. The trouble is that I seem to have replaced these with biscuits and I am not sure that is such a good idea for my weight loss.... :sigh:

I find something that helps is thinking about a little girl in South Africa. Her parents had died and she was being raised by her granny who was unemployed (very different to being unemployed in the UK - there are no benefits) and would arrive at school without the basics of minimum clothing, shoes and books. My mum, who was her teacher, tried to help by buying her some school shoes and feeding her lunch. Thinking about that little girl (whose story is so common in SA) makes me remember that chocolate, sweets and biscuits are not essentials and that some people don't have the choice to live without them.

Well, had my two bottles of coors light last night (11 Syns) and thoroughly enjoyed them! I know I broke Lent, but to say that was only the 3rd time I've had a drink in 2014 I'd say that was pretty good going!

Hope everyone else is going strong x

Well, had my two bottles of coors light last night (11 Syns) and thoroughly enjoyed them! I know I broke Lent, but to say that was only the 3rd time I've had a drink in 2014 I'd say that was pretty good going!

Hope everyone else is going strong x

Sorry to read about your Grandfather, Princess_Stevie - hope those two beers were a suitable toast to a life well lived.

Still alcohol free here and have to say I have actually stopped thinking about alcohol now. 1.5lbs off today leaving 1 more pound to loose by easter. Hopefully I will achieve it.

Still off the booze here.... Kind of feel the same as you catkin not really thinking of booze, I have wanted a gin and lemon over the weekend but by the time I got to sit down and relax I wasn't bothered.

How many more days until easter.... Not that I'm counting lol

Completely failed over last 2 weeks - think it seemed such a long time until Easter. But I am going to pick it up again & do the last couple of weeks - seems like less of a mountain to climb.

Angela x

Okay, I confess too. I had a handful of haribo the other night. Still resisting the chocolate though, and it was only a small handful....:p

Still going here, is it just me or is Easter taking forever to get here? It's not really bothering me but some evening's I really fancy a cold beer, don't know why I don't really like beer lol

I broke lent on Sunday when present with a single ferrero raffaelo by my 3 year old. How could I refuse when she stood over me until I ate it!?

Back