Join me for a lent challenge?

Still going here. I was a little tempted on Sunday. We have some small bottles of fizz and it was such a lovely day but fortunately I had cleared them out of the fridge at the start of lent and they were warm!

It does seem long but it really hasnt been difficult. I was just hoping for greater things weight wise. I always blame gains on booze but feel I need to blame myself!!
Lent ends for me on Maunday Thursday so 16 days and I will be down in Bristol eating at carluccios with a prosecco in my hand.

Confession I had two packets of crisps last week:eek:

However I haven't touched any this week as don't wanna rely on crisps for a snack.
No more cheating! ;)

I have a new incentive. This is my post lent binge.....40(6) days of chocolate in one sexy little hit ;)
image.jpg

Aww, I crumbled. Last night I had two chocolate covered marshmallow easter eggs :break_diet:(I did syn them, but the point was to give up chocolate)

It was that or the Lindor red one. Hmmmm decisions. It's quite a willpower test I can tell you!!!

I remain alcohol free and have finally got back to target so feeling happy today. Need to be super good in preparation for the end of lent and a week away x

Still going here no booze... Roll on easter if I lose another 5lbs by then I'll treat myself to something.. Not sure what though.

Not long to go now.....12 days!!

Grr Just had the worst day ever in work ! So stressed easily tempted to break my Lent challenge :cry:
It's a beautiful sunny day (well I guess that depends on where you are) but if it is nice near you why don't you take out the frustration with a good long walk in the sunshine instead.

Thanks peggydee thats exactly what I did my husband had also suggested a walk, felt great after forgot about work and giving up on my challenge :eek:

All of you that have kept at the challenge is it until Easter Sunday as my husband is telling me easter officially started yesterday :confused:

All of you that have kept at the challenge is it until Easter Sunday as my husband is telling me easter officially started yesterday :confused:

My challenge ends on Maunday Thursday which is when lent ends in the Christian church. However in the Catholic faith it ends on Easter Sunday.

I go away on thursday so this year I am a christian ;)

I confess I wobbled a bit in the middle of lent, having a binge session on chocolate and biscuits. I realised that I was sabotaging my weight loss. Psychologically giving up made me MORE conscious of the treats I was not allowing myself, I started to think about them constantly, I felt very deprived and more tempted than usual because they were always on my mind. I realise that giving up for lent is not supposed to be about weight loss but religious sacrifice, so in order to control myself better I relaxed my rule about 'no chocolate flavoured anything' and allowed myself to include chocolate flavoured hi-fi bars, alpen lights and muller with chocolate sprinkles in. This seems to have satisfied the cocoa craving and allowed me to get back on track regarding the lent challenge, so, barring a cheat around the beginning of April I feel good about the challenge.

I am looking forward to some easter eggs, but for me it will end on Tuesday next week, because that is my WI day and why start on the choccies two days before WI when I have already waited so long?

Ohhh noooo... devastated I've only just seen this. I give up something every year for lent and stick to it religiously (pardon the pun ;))!

This year I gave up alcohol and haven't wobbled once!

It is hard to know if it's had much of an impact on my losses but after stalling quite a bit around the 9st - 9st 4 mark I've been consistently losing again the last few weeks. I think giving up booze removes the temptation of hungover naughties! I WI on Fridays so have one last WI before lent is over :)

Lent started on Wed 5th March this year and so far I've lost;
Fri 7th March: -1lb
Fri 14th March: -0.5lb
Fri 21st March: STS
Fri 28th March: -1lb
Fri 4th April: -1.5lb
Fri 11th April: -1lb

Total so far: 5lb :)

Ooh that's interesting I haven't tracked it in correlation to my weightloss. I have up sugar to great success with a couple of mini blips. I lost

week 1 sts
week 2 lost 3lb
week 3 sts
week 4 lost 4lb
week 5 lost 2lb
This week....find out tomorrow!! Lost 9lbs so far :)

I confess I wobbled a bit in the middle of lent, having a binge session on chocolate and biscuits. I realised that I was sabotaging my weight loss. Psychologically giving up made me MORE conscious of the treats I was not allowing myself, I started to think about them constantly, I felt very deprived and more tempted than usual because they were always on my mind. I realise that giving up for lent is not supposed to be about weight loss but religious sacrifice, so in order to control myself better I relaxed my rule about 'no chocolate flavoured anything' and allowed myself to include chocolate flavoured hi-fi bars, alpen lights and muller with chocolate sprinkles in. This seems to have satisfied the cocoa craving and allowed me to get back on track regarding the lent challenge, so, barring a cheat around the beginning of April I feel good about the challenge.

I am looking forward to some easter eggs, but for me it will end on Tuesday next week, because that is my WI day and why start on the choccies two days before WI when I have already waited so long?

Well done. Depriving something can make it all you think about sometimes. I've found I've had a couple of slips with eating crisps but only 3 packs so still a big reduction to the 1 a day. At first the deprivation made it hard and craved constantly. I think I'm out of the habit as no longer my go to snack. So happy with it so far.

Back