Joining group alone

Sazbirl

Gold Member
Just a silly question really, buy do a lot of you go to group alone? I am thinking about re - joining on Saturday, it's a different group to my old one because I'd find it hard to get there with hubby's working hours, I used to go with my mum but she's having the kids for me, and doesn't want to join, I guess I'm just feeling a bit nervous x

ahhh youll be fine!!

have fun and let us know how you get on xx

I do!

I knew I had to bite the bullet and join, had nobody to join with so just walked in. My consultant is amazing, she is so welcoming and friendly, real good fun and has a fabulous sense of humour.

If I'm honest I haven't really made any friends at group, most others do seem to come in little groups or with other family members or friends. I am a little shy so I usually just find an empty seat and plonk my stuff down, not everyone stays, if I'm honest I have occasionally felt like i want to leave but I believe that staying to the meeting is very important and it certainly motivates me.

Good luck x

Aww don't worry, you'll find friendly faces to talk to. X

I walked in alone, quite a big thing for me as my anxiety levels are high at the moment. They are happy and friendly and I manage to stay the whole session. It's actually helping and I know it will be exactly what I needed. I hope you enjoy yours and find it equally helpful x x

I hope so too, I'm quite shy and hate talking in public so I know I'll be sat there like a beetroot, but I need to do it, I have 6st to lose and can't seem to do it at home.x

In the past I've been with a friend, and to a different group alone. Although it was def easier going the first few times with someone else, I did find that when I went alone other people tended to smile and start a conversation more readily. I wouldn't say that I made friends as such, but I soon found other people who also went alone and sat near them and had a chat while waiting for the group meeting to start.

Imagine a confident person and act that person for the first few meetings. Be brave, make eye contact and smile / say hello. It's hard at first, but will get easier. x

I went to group alone and it's fine, you end up making plenty of friends in-group and talking to them.
It's nice to have an alternative to your usual social group as well :D

I go to group alone and it is fine! I'm also quite anxious but everyone is really friendly and supportive.

I joined alone and after a couple of months got friends and family to join. The thing is you start alone then make so many new and genuine friends, you are never alone again <3

Think how I felt! 50 woman & no men & not knowing anyone.........
You will soon make friends though!

I joined with a friend but have made friends with others there since joining. I really enjoy it now, see it as a social thing as well as a slimming aid!

I walked in alone and was dreading doing so, but I was made to feel very welcome and have since made quite a lot of friends within our group.

Back