Joining group for 1 session to get new books with no WI?!

hi

I've returned to SW after a 2 year break (with a lot of gain in that time!!) .... I've found out from wading through the (v helpful) posts on here that my book will be a bit outdated...

I don't want to rejoin a group, but am wondering if it's possible to use the W.O offer and go along for 1 week, sign up, get new pack and then go my own way .... only thing is, I really don't want to weigh in.... could I do this do you think?

This is what im doing tonight. Went and got my voucher this morning. But am not sure abt not being able to not WI.
I love doing it from home, and feel i get enough support on here.
Maybe if u were to ring and speak to the C first, see what she/he says....?

This is what im doing tonight. Went and got my voucher this morning. But am not sure abt not being able to not WI.
I love doing it from home, and feel i get enough support on here.
Maybe if u were to ring and speak to the C first, see what she/he says....?

Phew - am glad someone else is doing this - thought I might get into trouble for abusing the system! I just used to hate W.I :(

thank you :) x

I'm sure a lot of ppl do this. Can't you buy the books on ebay?

I'm sure a lot of ppl do this. Can't you buy the books on ebay?

apparently not as they are copyrighted / not to be sold, so I've been advised on here... guess this way I will get the very latest info and a refresher chat...

I joined last week, felt obliged to weigh in and stay to class. They weighed in new members last so everyone would have known you weren't staying. But having said that I'm glad I stayed.

I've joined before just to get books, think its done quite often x

It depends how the consultant runs the class tbh. At the group I went to, you would fill your forms out, go queue to join, get your card, pay, get weighed, and then go for the new member talk. I know many groups do leave new members to weigh at the end - but if they dont, you may find yourself having to excuse yourself for the loo and then doing a runner before you weigh if you really dont want to do that. To be honest though, I personally would brave it the once for the benefit of the new member talk, as it will refresh your head as to what is new, and also give you an accurate idea of what you are starting from.

It's such a silly thing - I have weighed at home and faced my demons, but have never been happy sharing it ... even when I did really well a couple of years back, I still hated people knowing, and found the weighing session wasn't as private as I'd like with people milling around etc. It's definitely my own hang-up, but it's a big reason of why I don't want to do class...

ha ha ... just had a thought - I may recruit a skinny mate to go along for me!! :D:D

It's such a silly thing - I have weighed at home and faced my demons, but have never been happy sharing it ... even when I did really well a couple of years back, I still hated people knowing, and found the weighing session wasn't as private as I'd like with people milling around etc. It's definitely my own hang-up, but it's a big reason of why I don't want to do class...

Have you thought about asking the consultant if you could weigh privately at the end of group? There used to be a girl who attended our class who was the same, and the consultant was perfectly happy to wait till everyone had gone and weigh her at the end. They understand that it can cause anxiety - so if you did want to attend class and get all the other benefits from it - it might be worth braving a chat with the consultant. Just a thought!

Have you thought about asking the consultant if you could weigh privately at the end of group? There used to be a girl who attended our class who was the same, and the consultant was perfectly happy to wait till everyone had gone and weigh her at the end. They understand that it can cause anxiety - so if you did want to attend class and get all the other benefits from it - it might be worth braving a chat with the consultant. Just a thought!

I must admit, I was toying with speaking to my old consultant - she is lovely, but it's more about my own hangups again that I don't want to go back after my gain over the 2 years... also, I found group just a load of clapping and you seemed to get some people that monopolised stories.. it was more the accountability to someone that helped me on, but I do feel better in my own head to tackle it now :)

lol @ doing a runner.
Hmm, thought you could buy anything on ebay aswell but there you go.. learned something new today :). Probably cheaper just going to the class for the books anyways x

As MLM said it depends on how the group is run. At my group you do your forms and new member talk, sit through image therapy then decide if its for you. If so you pay and weigh, if not you hand back the.books and leave without paying. X

Last edited:
babybuffy84 said:
I weigh members at my class and one girl diedjy like to know

Sorry stupid I phone
One girl doesn't like to know what she weighs or how much she had lost so I cover over the scales and write the number in her book but not how much she's gained/lost them she goes home and looks in her own time !!

I'm sure of you explain then that's fine x

hmmmm.... ok, think I might bite the bullet and go for class (after a quick scout of Ebay just in case ha ha!) :)

thanks for all your help everyone
x

pobel said:
lol @ doing a runner.
Hmm, thought you could buy anything on ebay aswell but there you go.. learned something new today :). Probably cheaper just going to the class for the books anyways x

Have you seen some of the prices ppl want for these books on ebay....day light robbery,!!! :)

MadameLaMinx said:
I am SO glad you came back and reposted that, I was briefly traumatised by the girl who died on the scales!!!!! They might be scary but I have yet to see them cause a fatality! :8855:

Haha....me!!! Lol

Back