Joining SW 10th Sept - nervous?!

Hi Bella, many congratulations I can almost see your smile from here, so pleased for you. They have the same thing at my club, the scales show one weight and the little one that they have to log on to your book always shows half pound less, very frustrating. How many syns a day did you eat and what did you think about the food, I love the chips with mushy peas. Keeping my fingers crossed for Thursdsy, have been good but must confess to being so upset by last weeks non deserved gain that I seem to have lost faith a bit this week, tho' have stuck to the plan. Margaret x

Hi Bella, many congratulations I can almost see your smile from here, so pleased for you. They have the same thing at my club, the scales show one weight and the little one that they have to log on to your book always shows half pound less, very frustrating. How many syns a day did you eat and what did you think about the food, I love the chips with mushy peas. Keeping my fingers crossed for Thursdsy, have been good but must confess to being so upset by last weeks non deserved gain that I seem to have lost faith a bit this week, tho' have stuck to the plan. Margaret x
Don't be disheartened - I had 6 weeks were I lost a paltry 2lb & I was exercising at least 30 mins 5 times a week. Then had a 3lb loss in a week when I thought I had been far worse than the previous ones. For some reason your body can take a while to catch up. The other thing is that I don't eat too many bad things but I have a huge appetite & my "full" signals don't seem to always work that well! So I have a glass of water before a meal and one with it, then try and stop when I feel full, then I'll keep whatever is left of my meal and have it later on. Or if I'm having a hungry day, a bowl of veg soup or consomme (and salad) will fill you up without many calories and you're getting your 1/3 superfree in easily.
Good Luck for next WI.

I really am. I'm beaming from ear to ear. Is that really sad?
Well done 5lb is a great loss. 2lb next WI would make half a stone already and doesn't half a stone sound good?

Don't be disheartened. It'll all catch up. I hope tonight's WI has gone better than you hope.

I'm hoping for 2lb next week. This week has been tougher. We had Chinese on Monday I had half a portion of chicken chow mein and was well within syns for the day. Tuesday I had a mixed grill kebab again within syns but I shouldn't have had it. It was granddads funeral on wed and I was pretty close to plan at the buffet but I had white bread rolls and little vol au vents with prawn.

I'm out tomorrow night on a leaving do but I'll only have a couple of glasses of wine and I'm have quorn chilli for tea and no syns today I won't have any sat or Sunday so I may be ok for a little loss on Monday.

Next week is back to normal and no events or nights out.

I did have quorn chilli with cheesy (hex) nachos guacamole and sour cream and 3 glasses of rosé which obliterated my syns.

Back to normal life from today so Monday is what it is.

I'm not doing too badly tbh. It helps that I'm a manager of a customer service team and I've got them all invested in it with me. Not doing the plan but helping me. To the point our monthly McDonald's breakfast trip which is on the last fri of the month has been cancelled! The team think its better for them and me not to :)

I won the fruit bowl tonight as the slimmer of the week didn't stay to class :) I feel really motivated but bloody skint! All this fresh fruit and veg has made my weekly food budget go up £30 a week :)

Hi Bella glad you had another good loss, yet again I have hit a bit of hiccup, love the diet but do not get consistent losses. Know what you mean aboout the food bill going so high I have to admit its hitting me hard as well, I did find a saving buying frozen fruit,too put on top of cereals it is a lot cheaper and still syn free, not so keen on it for just eating unless putting yoghurt or fromage frais etc on it.

Bn to doc today as have bladder weakness, its got really bad and causes me a lot of distress, doctor feels that losing weight will most likely correct it, worth carrying on just for that. Glad I get support here as feeling very very tearful and scared that bladder problems something more serious, tho doc seems in no rush for me to have scan and said lets see how you manage with medication first.

Really pleased for you keep it up, I will be weighing in again on Thursday so fingers crossed, lets keep in touch Margaret

I'm not doing too badly tbh. It helps that I'm a manager of a customer service team and I've got them all invested in it with me. Not doing the plan but helping me. To the point our monthly McDonald's breakfast trip which is on the last fri of the month has been cancelled! The team think its better for them and me not to :)

I won the fruit bowl tonight as the slimmer of the week didn't stay to class :) I feel really motivated but bloody skint! All this fresh fruit and veg has made my weekly food budget go up £30 a week :)

Great that your co-workers are getting on board & not going the route that some do and say "oh it's only one breakfast, or one cake etc etc" - and they'll all benefit from skipping the McD's pancakes and sausage .... I know what you mean about fruit and veg - I do a big shop and think right that's all I need but then every day seem to spend another €5 on fruit, veg , potatoes, berries etc. Still when I'm a size 12 it will be so worth it & tbh I could spend €20 on a couple of bottles of wine and snacks every week without even thinking.

I lost another 2lb this week which I'm pleased about. I also won slimmer of the week :)

I think it's important to be sensible with how you feel about yourself. Even skinny people have bad food days I try to limit the bad days though.

It's only been a month but I don't hate it and I'd usually have fallen off the wagon by now.

Good to hear from you again Bella, first time I've seen one of your posts in ages, unless I| have been looking in the wrong place. I am so pleased that you are still motivated, I have been having a very strange time, been sticking to the plan but losing very little and even on a couple of occasions put on. I suppose I must be doing something wrong but not sure what, and confess to getting more than a little disheartened. I still think I eat too much, but the sw leader just keeps saying eat as much as you want if its free or you are counting syns. Congratulations on your slimmer of the week award keep it up. Margaret x

Hi Margaret, that sounds tough. Are you counting butter on toast as syns? I wasn't and my loaf was too big to have 2 slices as a hex. What about doing a food diary?

I've got my new books tonight so curry and all in one extra easy. Lets see how I get on.

Another 2.5lb off and slimmer of the week again! As there's a .5lb difference between my counting and theirs its 13.5lb off but I count 14lb. Either way my stone award next week :)

Good to hear from you again Bella, first time I've seen one of your posts in ages, unless I| have been looking in the wrong place. I am so pleased that you are still motivated, I have been having a very strange time, been sticking to the plan but losing very little and even on a couple of occasions put on. I suppose I must be doing something wrong but not sure what, and confess to getting more than a little disheartened. I still think I eat too much, but the sw leader just keeps saying eat as much as you want if its free or you are counting syns. Congratulations on your slimmer of the week award keep it up. Margaret x
Hi Margaret - I know SW stalwarts will shoot me down for this but free food contains calories! Whilst in theory I can make a "free" SW bolognese and spaghetti meant for four and eat half of it (and I have the appetite to do so) it's as calorific as going to the chip shop ... for me I struggle between the eat impulse that is emotionally cued as opposed to the hunger cue. I've now realised it's ok to feel hungry (even good).
I have had a bad week and expect a gain but 90% of what I have eaten is free on SW but I know I haven't had enough superfree. Try limiting free food to meals only and not for snacks, also have a glass of water before every meal - while you're getting it ready and one with it. Go back to the basics & we can start the pounds shifting again.

I just wanted to update with my weeks weigh in details. I cannot for the life of me fathom how I managed to lose 6.5lbs. Seriously. I thought I'd have lost 1lb max as I had a bit of carrot cake last week which I didn't realise was so high in syns. I don't know if the fact I'd had only a muller light and a pint of water in the morning and cleaned like a maniac in the afternoon before I went to weigh in but I'm not going to argue. I got SoW again but for the first time I didn't stay to class so didn't get the fruit bowl this time. :)

I'm on holiday next week as I'm going to Barcelona on Friday. I'm going to stick closely to plan and have the odd glass of wine maybe an occasional desert.

Someday - How are you managing? have you had a chat with your consultant?

Well done on your amazing losses so far Bella

Someday - I don't think that your consultant is giving you the correct advice. All food has a calorie value, there really is no such thing as a ' free food ' - especially not when it comes to pasta, for example! It's extremely easy to overeat it. So it's fine to have a bowl of it but not fine to have huge amounts.

SW is very good on the whole although it doesn't really teach you portion control. Have you considered WW? Purely because your portions are limited. I'd also advise eating just three times a day , not large portions and keeping snacks to a minimum.

Good luck

I went on holiday on the 26th October to Barcelona (well a resort an hour outside Barcelona city) I expected amazing fresh fish, tomatoes, sea food - fresh food in general. I was wrong.

The resort had almost all closed down for winter and only 3 restaurants were open. All selling fried food, white baguettes, burgers, chips et al. I had 4 glasses of wine through the whole week so not tons.

The weather was shocking, the wettest/coldest October/Nov in 20 years so I couldn't get out to walk much and my husband was admitted to the hospital on day 2 with kidney stones. Hes in a tremendous amount of pain and couldn't leave bed much after being released from hospital.

All sounds like excuses. I've put on 6.5lbs bringing my weight loss down to only a stone. I'm straight back on plan today though and will have a good week.

Back