joining SW at goal weight

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hi everyone, strange question but can you join SW when you are already at your goal weight? reason i'm asking is because i'm currently on cambridge diet but i plan do follow slimming world when i get to my goal as a maintenance programme. i've always been useless with eating bad foods and overeating so i need to stick to a programme that actually tells me what is ok to eat rather than just counting calories or guessing that certain foods are ok (i use a lot on chocolate otherwise!).

i read on their website that they won't let you join if you've only got a certain amount of weight to lose so would this appply in my case where i'd only want to maintain?

if anyone can advise that would be great, thanks :) x

You are supposed to have at least 7lbs to loose in order to join, and you must be at a minimum acceptable weight in order to join as well - based on your BMI I think.
As long as you are 7lbs above that minimum acceptable weight, you can join, and if you just maintain, then fine, but you would need to pay each week to go, and would be treated as a member who wanted to loose weight. You would not be able to go for free as a target member, unless you loose that 7lbs, and your consultant is unlikely to give you any advice on maintaining.

Does that make sense? Not sure if I've explained it that well tbh.

You are supposed to have at least 7lbs to loose in order to join, and you must be at a minimum acceptable weight in order to join as well - based on your BMI I think.
As long as you are 7lbs above that minimum acceptable weight, you can join, and if you just maintain, then fine, but you would need to pay each week to go, and would be treated as a member who wanted to loose weight. You would not be able to go for free as a target member, unless you loose that 7lbs, and your consultant is unlikely to give you any advice on maintaining.

Does that make sense? Not sure if I've explained it that well tbh.

no that makes perfect sense thanks! i think what i might do then is when i've got around 10lbs to lose on cambridge is join SW and lose the rest on there so that way i can enjoy the benefits of going to classes and learning to maintain later. thank you :)

I was going to suggest exactly that, but some poeple can get a bit funny when you make that kind of suggestion, so I refrained :)

You will of course need to be prepared for possibility that you might gain when you start SW as it is food rather than food replacement. You'll probably be best off starting on Red days as there is far less carbs on that plan, which will minimise the gain.

Good luck!!

I was going to suggest exactly that, but some poeple can get a bit funny when you make that kind of suggestion, so I refrained :)

You will of course need to be prepared for possibility that you might gain when you start SW as it is food rather than food replacement. You'll probably be best off starting on Red days as there is far less carbs on that plan, which will minimise the gain.

Good luck!!

yes the red days are what i had planned to start with to reduce the carbs then ease onto extra easy to have a mix of both. carbonara is my face meal and the SW recipe is free on extra easy so cant wait to have that!! i think from some of the posts i've seen on cambridge forum that you tend to have a gain of around 4-7lbs in your first week of going onto a food based diet so i'll be expecting that, as long as it comes off later though!!

the recipes look yummy on SW so i actually cant wait to get started, i should be finished with cambridge round about June time depending on how much weight i gain on holidays so will look forward to joining SW and being able to eat lots of free foods!!

Back