JoJo's diary WARNING: FOOD TALK WITHIN!

So, I made a decision...I decided to go working solution. As someone who is at home everyday I spend some time making food for my OH while he brings home the money and it is just so incredibly dull eating 3 quite boring packs a day!

I know that other people can do this for much longer (only 2 weeks on TS) but I am allowing myself the flexibility of another meal as well as a bit longer at the gym... I am enjoying it for the first time in my life! So I am trawling the internet for low-carb and low-cal meals - last night I had tuna and olives (made hubby southern fried chicken) so it needs to get a bit, no, a lot more interesting than that.

Anyway, I am hoping it doesnt impact on my weight loss too much but we will see what the results look like after a week....

Well done on ya weight loss so far huni!!!!

WS sounds like it is going to be a good choice..better than doing the TS and not being happy..cos that can lead to a right royal tumble off the wagon..
Good luck and i am sure ya gonna achive ya goals xx

thanks valentine - feel like a bit of a fraud next to your amazing losses and determination!

Dont feel like that you narna..
we can all reach our goals in the best way that suits us...
I am an all or nothing girl...
I think it would be harder for me to have WS as the food choices would get out of hand in no time at all. I would not have the willpower..Hence TS suits me.

Your gonna be just fine xxxxxxx

okay... sorry if this is TMI for some of you ladies but I have just had my first 'proper' meal.

OH and I lived in Japan for 4 years when we were younger and I have been making him japanese food while I have been doing TS - this evening I tasted it!

I used Livestrong.com to count the calories and carbs in my recipes and both were fine.

This evening I had Shogayaki - ginger and soy marinated pork - which I served with roasted sesame dressed spinach... with a bit of pickled ginger on the side! YUMMMMMM

The pork dish came in at 174 cal and 13g carb and the spinach was 4g carb and 144 cal... so low and delish! I think this is the beginning of me understanding what meals are... and how big they should be!

I used to do atkins and working out the calorie counts of the recipes in my many low carb cook books make me realise that, for the most part, low carb is really quite low calorie!

Anyway.... tummy incredibly full (too full feeling?) and I am satisfied that the world is good!

xx

I am sitting in the sun on the patio in front of my little flat in the heart of Edinburgh and wondering what to have for lunch! Bar, shake or soup. Right now I cant imagine having to bother with anything more complicated as far as food is concerned.

I have added a meal in the evening and I am meticulous about the calorie and carb content of said meals to ensure I dont leave ketosis but I am certain I couldnt possibly face doing that 2/3 times a day yet!

Today I am aching from my exertions at the gym yesterday - with the extra food I have decided to up my cardio to 30 mins every other day with a good walk the other days (as well as housework, shopping, cooking etc, etc) and I am really beginning to feel my muscles working when I am not in the gym which is awesome.... it means they are using calories up doesnt it?

Tonight we are off to meet some friends for dinner - first time since starting and I am nervous about making the right decisions at the restaurant... although having done atkins for a year in the past, I am used to being damned awkward when we go out!

x

so dinner was fine... no problem on the scales at least! ***FOOD ALERT***

I had a lovely steak and salad with a tomato salsa on top - delish and no problem on the carb from. I stuck to diet drinks and had one glass of prosecco and one vodka and diet coke. I am so pleased it is working! Yesterday I went to top sanger retailer crombies and got myself gluten free/low carb sausages - I had two little'ns with a salad and some sauteed courgettes. I felt like an absolute pig! This evening was back to the Japanese food and I made marinated chinese pork this morning which I cut into slices and grilled. Then this evening I made a stock based broth that has loads of garlic and ginger flavouring. OH had some ramen noodles and on top of those we poured the soup. I had beansprouts instead - who knew! Add on top two slices of the pork, some mange tout, mushrooms and bamboo shoots and I was in seventh heaven. I have just dry-fried some tofu to have with some other dish tomorrow!

Happy days!

Back