Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Hey,

How did you make Dukan ‘quiche’ with veggie sausage?

Sounds nice!

It was nice, although veggie sausage isn't the most traditional of fillings! I adapted it from a version I found here: The Dukaners.com forum • View topic - Ham quiche

PP Quiche

Ingredients

½onion, chopped
2cloves garlic, chopped
8eggs (or fewer eggs + extra egg whites)
8tablespoons skimmed milk
2tablespoons fromage frais
250gramssliced ham / tin of princes low fat ham, chopped into chunks./veggie sausages/quorn chunks, whatever
Freshherbs, chilli sauce/umami paste/harissa as desired Depending on heat and strength of flavour, I'd add between 1tsp - 1 tbsp so see what you think

Method

Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.

Use few squirts spray oil (made with 1 part oil to 1 part water, or whatever spray you usually use) to fry onion & garlic until soft.
Mixall ingredients together, including onion and garlic, and season to taste with black pepper and/ormixed herbs, chilli sauce etc.

Pourin quiche dish and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Keeps well and if you're making it into mini quiches, you can add some veg to a few of them for PV days.

Let me know if you find good combinations!

Jx

I must admit the fats/carb thing has been on my mind recently. For the list of foods we are allowed, not everything is available so when looking for an alternative I do look at the stats but haven't a clue which I should be keeping in mind....now I know LOL, will go with low fat...and as low a carb as possible though it may not always be so.

I guess when you go away its difficult because you will never really know whats on the menu until you are there. All you can do is take it a day at a time and get back on the scales and diet properly as soon as you get back.

I wish there was some kind of protein:carb:fat formula out there DF, so we could work things out on our own. The Dukan site must have something like that which they use to make their calculations, but I wonder if they don't make it public so we have to rely on their wisdom and declarations of what's acceptable. Oooh, never knew I was such a cynic!

Thanks for the encouragement about being away. I was saying to Caro that I'm not worried so much about falling off the wagon, I just want to make sure I"m prepared enough as there's not always good meat-free protein options over there. Still, I've a week to worry about it before I leave!

Just seen you've nearly lost a stone already - you must be delighted!

Jx

What's happening I found you on page 2 !

I don;t think the uniform is the uglist I've ever seen, at least you'll be easily spotted :)

So Missy I spotted a 8.13 post so whats the update on your profile ??????

Do you think whilst on your conference you could try & do PV days ? Just a thought

Alright there Miss Eagle Eyes!! Yep, I missed a post yesterday because of a last minute evening thing - will do it now, never fear. Right, profile is written, think I've chosen my site...just need photos. Not the easy part! And yes, think while I'm away I will do PV if PP is too tricky. We shall see!

Jx

So events conspired against me (in a good way) yesterday and I didn't get to post my diary. Thank you for your understanding. :)

Day Day 23 Cruise PV

Firstly, was astonished (but delighted) to see the scales were down 1.2lbs overnight. Especially weird as this was after Tuesday, which had been the first day I'd gone over my WW points and was expecting a gain. I know the weight loss we experience on Dukan can be a bit erratic but this seems mad. Unless my suspicions that I was under-eating last week and putting my body into starvation mode were correct. Anyway, not going to get excited until I have a few days at that weight - been caught out by that before!

Didn't have plans for the evening until a few of us started talking about the laser show for the shard (The Shard Inaugurated: Light Show To Mark Building's Completion... But It's Expensive To See The View) and where best to watch it. Ended up inviting everyone back to my new flat (well, newish - bought it in March, still in love with it, despite the fact it has damp already...) as it's on the top floor and has a view over London. Everyone wanted to bring food and booze and started listing the crisps, nuts, chocolate, dips etc they would bring. Panic! So I decided my contribution would be damage limitation and prepared some Dukan friendly fare. Had to confess to them I wasn't drinking but they didn't seem that bothered. First time I've been out with friends who were drinking and actually, it was ok. I could tell they were getting tipsy but I didn't feel left out at all and it was fine. Too bad the laser show didn't live up to the hype!! (The Shard laser show fails to wow spectators (GALLERY) - UK News - News - WalesOnline)

B: 120g fromage frais +100g rhubarbe + 1 lemon muffin
S: small skinny cappuccino
L: 2/3 pot FF cottage cheese, 120g veggie sausage 'quiche', artichoke hearts with 1tsp dressing, 1 lemon muffin
S: 3 seafood sticks, 1 egg, 60g smoked salmon, 1/2 pack sugar free sweets
D: 100 hake marinated in spiced yoghurt mix, 1 veggie sausage, 100g FF roast veg
S: raw veg, extra light cream cheese + FF yoghurt dip, 8 seafood sticks with wasabi

Oh and Mum really liked the muffins! Was surprised that she didn't suspect they were 'diet' food. She did express concern that I was having muffins for breakfast, but when I pointed out that if I'd had a small bowl of yoghurt with some oat and wheat bran stirred in and a boiled egg (the basic ingredients for the muffins), she'd have thought it was a perfectly healthy way to start the day. Slam dunk!

The laser show finished after 11pm but after we'd chatted I didn't get home until after midnight. (Am staying at my parents' place while doing some work on the flat - don't own any furniture whatsoever and there's no kitchen so it'll be a while before it's habitable. My brave friends were very gracious about not having any chairs to sit on!) Got home and was knackered but did up a quick batch of muffins to cook while I got ready for bed. Turns out, based on events of today, that this was a very good decision. Fill you in later!

Last edited:
Joodle said:
Thanks Nic! My muffin recipe is taken from this thread:http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/281618-ellie1969-anyone-who-can-help-me-her-muffin-recipe.html

I use Ellie's recipe and my only extra hint would be to get the egg to room temperature first. It's so super quick - takes me no more than 5 mins to mix the batter then 20 to bake. I only use 2 level tbsp sweeteners which I find is plenty, but I've been trying to limit the amount of the stuff that I use so you may want more. I use Stevia.

For flavourings, so far I've tried chocolate, with 1 tsp cocoa and a capful of chocolate extract; lemon, with lemon zest and lemon flavouring and vanilla. They've all been good.

Trudy also has some great variations using rhubarb and ginger and stuff - details in the thread.

Let me know how you get on - I had some completely failed muffins at first (I was using wheat germ instead of wheat bran by mistake) but now I have to force myself to have something different for breakfast - and they're so darn easy to make!

Jx

Thanks so much joodle your a star x

hey Joodle, just finished reading your diary, youre doing good, keep it up. Now I have posted on your diary, I shall be spying on you daily a sthis moves it to my subscribed threads!

hey Joodle, just finished reading your diary, youre doing good, keep it up. Now I have posted on your diary, I shall be spying on you daily a sthis moves it to my subscribed threads!

No worries, Becky, I have been spying on you for weeks. ;)

Thanks so much joodle your a star x

Very welcome. Just remembered another good combo - chocolate & orange with 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, cap of chocolate extract and cap of orange extract.

Jx

Cruise day 24 - PP

A funny think happened on my way towork this morning....

Actually, I was on my way to an 8amphysio appointment. Have had a hip problem for the last year whichhas stopped me running (actually stopped me walking for the first fewmonths) and still gives me a fair bit of grief. My amazing NHSphysio guy has been giving me acupuncture for the pain as well asexercise to try to sort it out. Hadn't been for 5 weeks and wasreally really looking forward to the pain relief it brings.

So off I went, muffins made stupidlylate last night wrapped up in my bag, ipod on, brolly up, in a prettygood mood, despite the rain. Turn the corner out of my flat, walk bythe pub at the end of the road and....the ground gives way beneathme. Well, it didn't so much give way – I was aware that I hadstepped onto one half of the hatch, you know, the ones that go downto the cellar of the pub for deliveries, and as I did so, it wasopened from below. Weirdest sensation – I just didn't know whatwas happening and could feel myself bumping down but had no idea howfar I was falling. Everything really did go in slow motion. Then Iwas aware of some guy trying to help me up and saying he didn't knowwhat had happened and then I was on my feet looking down at the blooddripping onto the ground and my bag and myself.

Realised I'd fallen down the hatch andjust sort of stood there, doing some kind of body scan to figure outhow bad it was. The guy who had opened the hatch kept saying 'Idon't know what happened, I don't know what happened' to which Ireplied 'You opened the hatch without checking whether anyone wasabove it, that's what happened'. I'm usually a very nice person anddon't like seeing other people feel uncomfortable, but although Iwasn't shouting or anything, I definitely wasn't being my usual 'ohdon't worry, not your fault' self. Then some other chap peeredthrough the hatch and laughingly asked 'didn't you see the openhatch?' to which I replied, 'No, it wasn't open. I was walking alongand this guy opened the hatch while I was on it'. His face fellinstantly when he realised it wasn't my fault, it was theirs.

Then other staff appeared (quite a lotof people there considering it's a pub and it was 7.30am) and someonegave me some paper towel to mop up the blood and someone else arrivedwith a first aid kit.

At this point I realised I was shakingand feeling a bit funny and although I didn't think I was seriouslyhurt, I was definitely in some mild form of shock. One of themstarted saying he was going to call an ambulance and I was like'Don't be ridiculous, this is not a time to call an ambulance,ambulances are for emergencies' in quite a harsh way which is alsonot like me at all.

After they faffed around a bit tryingto shove various items from the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] aid kit at me, (theidiot who had opened the hatch in the first place had decided toprioritise cleaning my blood off the floor) I started to get anxiousabout missing my physio appointment. It was also boiling hot in thekitchen and I was starting to feel faint so I asked them to get meout of there and to call me a taxi. Upstairs I started to feelreally faint so lay down with my feet in the air like you're meantto. The slightly hapless shift manager, with genuine fear in hiseyes, kept asking what he could do but was completely unable to thinkof anything useful and I wasn't really in the mood for patientlyexplaining what he might want to do to help. I knew they were justpetrified I would report them but had very little sympathy to behonest.

Got out of there as fast as I could andhad a bit of a shaky moment in the taxi but was finally able to tellthe driver where I was going. I apologised for being a bit all overthe place saying I'd just had a fall. Taxi driver started saying 'ohwell, at least it's nothing serious' and then he looked back at meand saw my left arm covered with blood and was like 'oh my god, whathappened?!' Anyway, he was dead nice and I was actually feelinggreat at this point. Think it was some kind of weird shock mixedwith adrenalin, as I was just chatting and laughing with him andbeing completely fine. He kept looking back at me and then went'You're a lot tougher than you look, I've had grown men in herecrying over smaller things than that.' Hopped out the taxi, ran into my physio so as not to be late and was told to wait in the waitingroom. After a minute I realised I was just stood there covered inblood so I buzzed them again and went 'um, sorry, while I'm waiting,is there anywhere I can get cleaned up. I've had a bit of anaccident and there's some blood'. So one of the guys comes out andgoes 'oh my god, that's not just some blood' and took me to getcleaned up. Then my lovely physio came out (we usually just muckaround and take the piss out of each other, he's great) and freakedme out by being genuinely shocked and caring.

They got me cleaned up and then I hadthe acupuncture and then as I was getting dressed I kept finding morecuts all over my legs and arms and some of them were quite deep sothe physio guys sent me off to the minor injuries unit at St Barts toget checked over.

At this point I was getting hungry andcraving something sweet and carby. But today's Friday which meanstomorrow marks the end of the first 4 weeks of Dukan and I justdidn't want to get this near and not be able to say I'd managed afull 4 weeks without cheating. Luckily I had my muffins with me sohad one of them then stopped in a cafe on my way to the hospital fora latte. They only had semi-skimmed milk but I figured that's stillonly 2% fat and seeing as you're allowed 5% fat cheese, it should beok. Plus, I really, really needed something hot and sweet, even ifit was sweetener sweet rather than sugar sweet. Please don't tell meI cheated by having semi-skimmed milk.

Inevitably had to wait ages at St Bartsbut was finally seen and cleaned up and bandaged and sent on my way. I'd texted my boss just as I got to physio to say I'd be a bit latein as I needed to go and get changed as my clothes had blood on them. He was brilliant and just said not to be ridiculous and to take therest of the day off. I was adamant I would just get changed thencome in once I'd been to the hospital.

Anyway, once I left the hospital Ithink the adrenalin started to wear off and the cuts and bruisedstarted to get really sore and I started to feel a bit funny, so Ihad another muffin (resisting the quite strong instinct to get somechocolate) and got on the bus home.

I've been swinging between feelingcompletely exhausted and completely hyper all day though - no idea ifthis is normal after a bit of a shock. Sat on the sofa like a zombiefor an hour then had a manic session dealing with work emails andcatching up on minimins (amazing how much you miss if you don't postfor a day!), then zombied again and then had an insane cooking frenzywhich lasted 3 hours. Made salmon with fresh herby pesto, salmonwith yoghurt pesto, poached salmon, salmon in herby plaice parcels,vanilla mousse, grilled plaice. All good except the precursor to thevanilla mousse which was inedible, due, I think to some dodgy limeoil that had been loitering in my cupboard for far too long. Anyway,no idea why I was being so hyper again.

Am completely shattered now.

So food has been not good today asalthough I have stuck to PP, I feel I've had too much dairy andwaaaay too much sweetener. Funny how my body was craving sugar andto be honest, I think it kept craving it because it knew I was onlyconning it with the fake stuff. Clever thing, bodies.

B: 3 chocolate muffins over course ofmorning, small semi-skimmed flat white
L: small cup fake Thai soup, 100gmarinated fish kebabs, 1 veggie sausage
S: 100g WW FF strawberry yoghurt mixedwith 100g quark then frozen, 1 veggie sausage, 100g veggie sausage'quiche'
D: picked at what I was cooking soapprox 50g poached salmon, 2 tbsp quark, , 8 seafood sticks withwasabi, 2 tbsp vanilla mousse and a fake mojito. That's all I canremember as was licking spoons and tasting things the whole time.

Exercise: 70 minutes walking, 10seconds falling down a hatch.
WW pro points: 31

Definitely expect to put on weighttomorrow because felt like I was nibbling all evening. That's okthough because I am so pleased with myself that I didn't use thefright as an excuse to eat sugary crap when that's what I was cravingand what other people were telling me to have. Also managed to keepto a PP day, even if dairy was maybe a bit high. To be honest, ifthis had happened after Saturday, which marks the end of my first 4weeks, I think I would have let myself have something sweet. Butthere was just no way I was going to get this near to 4 weeks andthen give up the day before reaching it. Saying that, if I hadn'tforced myself to make those muffins late last night it may have beena different story - they really did the job of filling the sweetcarby gap.

Sorry for uber-long post. Think Imaybe just wanted to get it out of my system.

Jx

PS Photo of my arm after it'd beencleaned up, sorry if it's too gruesome - look away now if you're squeamish..... You don't actually see theworst cuts which are just under the fingers of my left hand. Myright hand is unscathed as I was still holding my umbrella, not usingit to try and stop myself falling.

IMAG0312.jpg

Ouch! You poor thing!! Now go and get some sleep, missy, and forget about what the scales will say tomorrow. Hope you're not working on the weekend?

Cxx

Very welcome. Just remembered another good combo - chocolate & orange with 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, cap of chocolate extract and cap of orange extract.

i know i said i would give the muffins a break yesterday but honestly, they are so good, and so easy to make, i could eat them every day! yesterday's version had goji berries, vanilla and cinnamon. really nice to have some fruity bits to munch on. maybe we need a separate thread for muffin flavorings? i'm now picturing dukan cook-offs and a top chef show. and wouldn't it be fun to invite the minimins over for a dukan 'come dine with me'? :)

How did it go Caro? My second week of Body Pump was nowhere near as painful as the first either - our muscles were just punishing us for the gap! And just you wait - jumping power lunges were in the last round - never come across the killer jumping squats before...keep your eyes peeled!

Hey J! come to think of it, i noticed the trainer doing some slow motion demos of an exercise that looked suspiciously like your jumping squats. so i guess that is coming next. eeeek!

I hope week 2 will be better, and i'm so glad i found a fellow 'bodypumper' on minimins. i've always found it the most effective exercise for me - 2 sessions a week gets me into good shape, even without cardio, and it's totally changed my perspective on how to exercise (weight vs cardio, etc.)

Also, good advice about being away, thanks. I'm not worried so much about falling off the wagon as I"m feeling pretty dedicated, I'm just worried we'll be eating out places where there aren't meat-free proteins available. (It's not an event as such, so we won't be having buffet meals, we'll eat out wherever we want in the evenings.) Will take some tins of things and maybe even stash some boiled eggs etc. Some nights it will be fine (I'll be pushing for sushi!) but usually if we're in Geneva we go at least once to this place on the lake that does cheese fondu and cheese fondu only. With chunks of bread to dip in it and plates of charcuterie (which I don't eat) and pickles. I mean, I love pickles but not sure they can be my entire dinner!! Will deal with that if it comes to it. May just come clean and say I'm on a diet so not partaking.
Geneva - lucky you! Sounds like you have a great job. But that is a tricky one, as Europe is not a massively dukan-friendly zone. I used to live in Italy and France and initially put on loads of weight with all the freely-available carbs. So yes, there might well be a few nights where it is hard to do even PV. If I was going to Italy on holiday, i would definitely have a pizza or 2 :)

I guess your choices are coming clean with the group and not eating, or treating it as a gala/celebration meal and just compensating with extra PP when you get back. I think bread and cheese are the first things introduced in conso, so you should be ok with a fondue meal - you'll probably find that you naturally eat less anyway. Or you can see if they have a veggie version, with carrots, celery, etc? There is a good article about the Dukan Holiday Diet here:

Dukan Diet: How you CAN stick to it on holiday | Mail Online

Hope you're feeling better after your dreadful day yesterday, and good on you for keeping strong on the food strong throughout. I'm does sound like you were in shock.

Cx

Hope you're feeling better today! That must have really shaken you up, and those cuts look painful. Glad to hear that your physio sent you to get checked over at the hospital. Talking of the physio, is he single??? It sounds like you get on very well, maybe there's no need to sign up for the dating sites? he hexx

Cruise day 24 - PP

A funny think happened on my way towork this morning....

Actually, I was on my way to an 8amphysio appointment. Have had a hip problem for the last year whichhas stopped me running (actually stopped me walking for the first fewmonths) and still gives me a fair bit of grief. My amazing NHSphysio guy has been giving me acupuncture for the pain as well asexercise to try to sort it out. Hadn't been for 5 weeks and wasreally really looking forward to the pain relief it brings.

So off I went, muffins made stupidlylate last night wrapped up in my bag, ipod on, brolly up, in a prettygood mood, despite the rain. Turn the corner out of my flat, walk bythe pub at the end of the road and....the ground gives way beneathme. Well, it didn't so much give way – I was aware that I hadstepped onto one half of the hatch, you know, the ones that go downto the cellar of the pub for deliveries, and as I did so, it wasopened from below. Weirdest sensation – I just didn't know whatwas happening and could feel myself bumping down but had no idea howfar I was falling. Everything really did go in slow motion. Then Iwas aware of some guy trying to help me up and saying he didn't knowwhat had happened and then I was on my feet looking down at the blooddripping onto the ground and my bag and myself.

Realised I'd fallen down the hatch andjust sort of stood there, doing some kind of body scan to figure outhow bad it was. The guy who had opened the hatch kept saying 'Idon't know what happened, I don't know what happened' to which Ireplied 'You opened the hatch without checking whether anyone wasabove it, that's what happened'. I'm usually a very nice person anddon't like seeing other people feel uncomfortable, but although Iwasn't shouting or anything, I definitely wasn't being my usual 'ohdon't worry, not your fault' self. Then some other chap peeredthrough the hatch and laughingly asked 'didn't you see the openhatch?' to which I replied, 'No, it wasn't open. I was walking alongand this guy opened the hatch while I was on it'. His face fellinstantly when he realised it wasn't my fault, it was theirs.

Then other staff appeared (quite a lotof people there considering it's a pub and it was 7.30am) and someonegave me some paper towel to mop up the blood and someone else arrivedwith a first aid kit.

At this point I realised I was shakingand feeling a bit funny and although I didn't think I was seriouslyhurt, I was definitely in some mild form of shock. One of themstarted saying he was going to call an ambulance and I was like'Don't be ridiculous, this is not a time to call an ambulance,ambulances are for emergencies' in quite a harsh way which is alsonot like me at all.

After they faffed around a bit tryingto shove various items from the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] aid kit at me, (theidiot who had opened the hatch in the first place had decided toprioritise cleaning my blood off the floor) I started to get anxiousabout missing my physio appointment. It was also boiling hot in thekitchen and I was starting to feel faint so I asked them to get meout of there and to call me a taxi. Upstairs I started to feelreally faint so lay down with my feet in the air like you're meantto. The slightly hapless shift manager, with genuine fear in hiseyes, kept asking what he could do but was completely unable to thinkof anything useful and I wasn't really in the mood for patientlyexplaining what he might want to do to help. I knew they were justpetrified I would report them but had very little sympathy to behonest.

Got out of there as fast as I could andhad a bit of a shaky moment in the taxi but was finally able to tellthe driver where I was going. I apologised for being a bit all overthe place saying I'd just had a fall. Taxi driver started saying 'ohwell, at least it's nothing serious' and then he looked back at meand saw my left arm covered with blood and was like 'oh my god, whathappened?!' Anyway, he was dead nice and I was actually feelinggreat at this point. Think it was some kind of weird shock mixedwith adrenalin, as I was just chatting and laughing with him andbeing completely fine. He kept looking back at me and then went'You're a lot tougher than you look, I've had grown men in herecrying over smaller things than that.' Hopped out the taxi, ran into my physio so as not to be late and was told to wait in the waitingroom. After a minute I realised I was just stood there covered inblood so I buzzed them again and went 'um, sorry, while I'm waiting,is there anywhere I can get cleaned up. I've had a bit of anaccident and there's some blood'. So one of the guys comes out andgoes 'oh my god, that's not just some blood' and took me to getcleaned up. Then my lovely physio came out (we usually just muckaround and take the piss out of each other, he's great) and freakedme out by being genuinely shocked and caring.

They got me cleaned up and then I hadthe acupuncture and then as I was getting dressed I kept finding morecuts all over my legs and arms and some of them were quite deep sothe physio guys sent me off to the minor injuries unit at St Barts toget checked over.

At this point I was getting hungry andcraving something sweet and carby. But today's Friday which meanstomorrow marks the end of the first 4 weeks of Dukan and I justdidn't want to get this near and not be able to say I'd managed afull 4 weeks without cheating. Luckily I had my muffins with me sohad one of them then stopped in a cafe on my way to the hospital fora latte. They only had semi-skimmed milk but I figured that's stillonly 2% fat and seeing as you're allowed 5% fat cheese, it should beok. Plus, I really, really needed something hot and sweet, even ifit was sweetener sweet rather than sugar sweet. Please don't tell meI cheated by having semi-skimmed milk.

Inevitably had to wait ages at St Bartsbut was finally seen and cleaned up and bandaged and sent on my way. I'd texted my boss just as I got to physio to say I'd be a bit latein as I needed to go and get changed as my clothes had blood on them. He was brilliant and just said not to be ridiculous and to take therest of the day off. I was adamant I would just get changed thencome in once I'd been to the hospital.

Anyway, once I left the hospital Ithink the adrenalin started to wear off and the cuts and bruisedstarted to get really sore and I started to feel a bit funny, so Ihad another muffin (resisting the quite strong instinct to get somechocolate) and got on the bus home.

I've been swinging between feelingcompletely exhausted and completely hyper all day though - no idea ifthis is normal after a bit of a shock. Sat on the sofa like a zombiefor an hour then had a manic session dealing with work emails andcatching up on minimins (amazing how much you miss if you don't postfor a day!), then zombied again and then had an insane cooking frenzywhich lasted 3 hours. Made salmon with fresh herby pesto, salmonwith yoghurt pesto, poached salmon, salmon in herby plaice parcels,vanilla mousse, grilled plaice. All good except the precursor to thevanilla mousse which was inedible, due, I think to some dodgy limeoil that had been loitering in my cupboard for far too long. Anyway,no idea why I was being so hyper again.

Am completely shattered now.

So food has been not good today asalthough I have stuck to PP, I feel I've had too much dairy andwaaaay too much sweetener. Funny how my body was craving sugar andto be honest, I think it kept craving it because it knew I was onlyconning it with the fake stuff. Clever thing, bodies.

B: 3 chocolate muffins over course ofmorning, small semi-skimmed flat white
L: small cup fake Thai soup, 100gmarinated fish kebabs, 1 veggie sausage
S: 100g WW FF strawberry yoghurt mixedwith 100g quark then frozen, 1 veggie sausage, 100g veggie sausage'quiche'
D: picked at what I was cooking soapprox 50g poached salmon, 2 tbsp quark, , 8 seafood sticks withwasabi, 2 tbsp vanilla mousse and a fake mojito. That's all I canremember as was licking spoons and tasting things the whole time.

Exercise: 70 minutes walking, 10seconds falling down a hatch.
WW pro points: 31

Definitely expect to put on weighttomorrow because felt like I was nibbling all evening. That's okthough because I am so pleased with myself that I didn't use thefright as an excuse to eat sugary crap when that's what I was cravingand what other people were telling me to have. Also managed to keepto a PP day, even if dairy was maybe a bit high. To be honest, ifthis had happened after Saturday, which marks the end of my first 4weeks, I think I would have let myself have something sweet. Butthere was just no way I was going to get this near to 4 weeks andthen give up the day before reaching it. Saying that, if I hadn'tforced myself to make those muffins late last night it may have beena different story - they really did the job of filling the sweetcarby gap.

Sorry for uber-long post. Think Imaybe just wanted to get it out of my system.

Jx

PS Photo of my arm after it'd beencleaned up, sorry if it's too gruesome - look away now if you're squeamish..... You don't actually see theworst cuts which are just under the fingers of my left hand. Myright hand is unscathed as I was still holding my umbrella, not usingit to try and stop myself falling.

View attachment 55553

OMG Joodle, hope you're alright!

The world's longest minimins post defo goes to you (but it's understandable).

You should sue them hun, as you could have broke something and that's not right at all!

Make sure you keep your cuts clean babe :)

What a day you had :eek: I would have caved in for more pizza lol, so well done :cool:

Oh, poor thing!!
You went through such terrible events.
Hope you feel better now.
Are you ok?

BIG hugs!!!!

OH MY GOD! Thats terrible, so sorry to hear. How u feeling now, next day, anything broken. Arm looks awful.

:grouphugg:

xx

Oh babe what an awful experience, i think you should deffo look into suing them. I'm not usually a fan of these ambulance chaser no win things but you deserve some compensation. What a knob opening the hatch you could have broken your neck !!!!! Make sure you get pictures of all your cuts & brusies just in case you do decide to claim or if anything ese happens as a result of it. Hope you are feeling better today & even if you had of had chocolate yesterday we would have understood xxxx

Gosh that was quite an adventure Joodle, bet your arm is a pretty colour today and that you have discovered muscles that you didn't know you had yesterday..... Thank goodness you didn't break your neck..... Just shows you how quickly things can go wrong!! Bet the guy who opened the hatch felt awful - we all make mistakes and hopefully this one won't have ongoing repercussions..... Well done for sticking to plan when you had every reason to break it - thank goodness for those lovely muffins! Take care of yourself and keep at it ... xx

Back