Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Hope all goes well at the GP, noodle. I'm sure it is nothing serious.

Can't wait to hear about the fruitcakes!! And I still thinking we're waiting for some juicy news, no?! You really are enjoying leaving us on the edge!!

Hugs, Cx

Hope doctor sorts you out joodles xxx im curious......these dating sites do you/folk use them because you dont have time to meet people yourself socially or is it a better way of meeting men???? Dont mean to be to personal just curious xxx

Hope its nothing serious and you get better soon Noodle!:)

Thanks you guys. GP confirmed it's a virus and said I have to properly rest and have manuka honey as it's got ant-viral properties. Who knew? My Dad went out to get me some and it cost almost £14 for a tiny jar! Eek, he's so sweet though and didn't mind at all. Every time I have a teaspoon in a drink I'm thinking 'urgh, that's £1.50 worth of honey..."

Today hasn't been a disaster but not so angelic either. Annoying because I remained at 8st 2.6lb on the scales today which I would have thought pretty much impossible on the day I got to TW. At that point I felt I really wasn't going to be able to go any lower without total starvation.

B: apple, hot lemon and honey drink
S: 20g chocolate
L: Thai tofu and shark salad (ok, Sara, I might be seeing where your unusual food comment came from...), 3 tomatoes, 1tbsp avocado, 10g goat's cheese dressed with balsamic vinegar, 10g rye bread with 1tsp nutella
S: 20g choc, 5 grapes
D: Thai braised tuna and shirataki noodle salad, 15g choc, 1tsp choc mousse + 1tbsp whipped cream + 1 tbsp gooseberry fool
S: hot lemon and honey drink

Ate too much sweet stuff today so am going to re-evaluate how good an idea it is to allow myself whatever I fancy. Can see I'm taking advantage already. First few days it was just a bit, but if I'm having bits of chocolate 3 or 4 times a day, well, it's not on! Just added it up and I had 55g of chocolate, not including a bit of nutella and mousse. That's over a normal sized mars bar or something. Must. Behave.

So slipped a bit, ate more than was really comfortable at dinner and will probably pay the price on the scales tomorrow. All fine, just need to learn. Am wondering if I do need to go to strict conso just to get myself properly stabilised, but will wait and get over this illness properly first then see. I love the idea that I can do it this way, I think...

Jx

Hope doctor sorts you out joodles xxx im curious......these dating sites do you/folk use them because you dont have time to meet people yourself socially or is it a better way of meeting men???? Dont mean to be to personal just curious xxx

Ah Sid, you are so lucky that you don't have to worry about this!

For me it's because I just don't meet men. I work in a fairly female industry, my friends are all married with kids so I don't go out with groups of single people. I go out loads but it tends to be just me and another friend and as they're in a relationship, it's not like it was in my 20s when we'd all go out on the pull. I also spend a lot of time visiting friends round at theirs as they have kids. It's been like this for years. Dating sites feel like a last resort but having been pretty much single solidly for 10 years, I can say it has definitely become increasingly difficult to meet new people. Felt totally different in my 20s when there was a whole gang of us out and about. Somehow when everyone else got settled, I managed to miss the boat and so have to resort to online!

Any friends I've had who have been single in the last few years have been through the same. Your social circle shrinks dramatically when friends settle down and start having kids. I've tried to break up all their relationships but alas, no luck. ;)

It doesn't save time though, quite the opposite. I've only tried it once before but man, it was such a time commitment! If you meet a few people a week for at least an hour or two...it really adds up! I ended up getting quite brutal about it - if I met someone I knew it wasn't going to work out with, I made my excuses pretty quickly. Made sure I always bought the first drink so I didn't have to feel guilty when leaving after just one!!

Oh god, why am I putting myself through this again.....?

Jx

I love that you have a shark salad for lunch, it's much more interesting than my meat & cheese sandwich that I literally eat every day!!!! (I really should try something different).

Good luck with the internet dating. The last wedding I went to was a result of cyber romance. Let us know when we need to start thinking about buying hats! ;)

Hope you feel better soon, and keep dosing up on the honey!x

Thanks Ceri, glad to hear there are some good dating stories out there. Need advice from Ellie and Pauline too as I know they lucked out. C'mon Elisheba, let's see what these success stories have got to say!

Today has been a bit manic which was not the best of ideas as I'm meant to be recovering. Open House weekend in London and I went with some friends and my Mum to see custom house (where they were showing off the most adorable sniffer dogs) and St Botolph's where we got to go into the belfry and learn about bell ringing and then listen to a demo. Super cool! There's soooo much open this weekend, I'm gutted not to get to see more, although I have managed a fair few things over the years now. Think it's on all over the country - has anyone else been to anything?

B: hot lemon and honey drink
L: tofu and shark Thai salad (the last of the shark thank goodness, can safely say it will not be part of my staple diet from here on in....), weight watchers fromage frais
S: apple, 3/4 yoghurt coated cereal bar, fig, 10g chocolate
D: Bowl tom yum soup with quorn, tofu, scallop and squid, 30g chocolate
S: tons of sugar free sweets (and suffering as a result. Why, oh why did I.....?)

Still a bit more chocolate than is preferable but a bit better than yesterday.

Not sure where the sugar free sweet attack came from but I'm feeling all bloated and horrible as a result. So dumb, I know they do that, why did I eat so many? Sometimes, I baffle myself.

Tomorrow I'm off to our 20 year school reunion. 20 year?!? More bafflement. How? Where has the time gone?? Why do I feel no more of a grown up now than I did then?!?!?

It is bound to be a very odd day. I just hope they serve wine.

:eek:

You'll do fine with or without the wine.

Time flies.... it is a wonderful journey after all.

Enjoy it.

Big hugs<

School reunions, sounds painful....with livinig and working in the village i grew up in im surrounded by the people from my school, except the brave and lucky who escaped to bigger and better things. Have a great day xxx

Oooooo you forget the exicting dates, they can't have all been awful, remember my "shabba" one that I will never forget & I am still friends with him on FB & he is a really lovely guy. You have the right attiude though, don;t waste your time if you don't feel it's going anywhere but don't be hasty either they could be nervous - Hark at me I'm not exactly in a postion to talk !

Anyway good to see you posting & I'm pleased it was nothing too serious at the doc's x

Still following you closely Joodle - think you are doing just fine on Conso - think you may be right to try and avoid the choc maybe every other day???? I think I could get used to it if I allowed myself!!!! Your menus look really varied and healthy though so I wouldn't fret!!
I did the online dating thing!!! Blimmin exhausting!!! Just like you I never meet any men as my friends are all settled down and I don't go out 'on the pull'!!! Good luck with it - drove me nuts in the end!!!!! LOL!

Ah, Trudy, I hear you...I hear you! And Sid, wow, there must be something really fab about having people around you who have known you your whole life. When we all met up again, I think a lot of us felt we had a special connection because we'd basically grown up together, even though we'd drifted apart.

I'm away on holiday this week, for my Mum's 70th birthday. We're in a holiday cottage in the Cotswolds and it has basically tipped it down so far! I've eaten more than I probably should but if I eat what I normally eat I think it will upset my Mum so am trying to be careful.

Definitely need to do something about the chocolate/sugar consumption which is creeping up, will address it when I'm back. Think I'm less worried about fats but somehow it's the sweet stuff I crave. Weird as I always think of myself as a savoury person.

For now, it's all about my Mum. Dad, bless him, has arrived with several magnums of various wines and so I have to drink or else I'm letting the side down. Aren't I?!?

Jx

Have a lovely time with your mom, joodlebob, and enjoy your wine! You can deal with the sugar thing when you get back. I am the same in that respect, unfortunately...

Joodle said:
For now, it's all about my Mum. Dad, bless him, has arrived with several magnums of various wines and so I have to drink or else I'm letting the side down. Aren't I?!?

Jx
Would be v rude not to, Noodlebob! ;)

Wishing you muchos soggy, country-based fun :D

P x

I hope you enjoy your break with your family, and if it was me I would be enjoying the wine too :).

It sounds like you have a good attitude, you're being mindful of what you eat/drink, but also allowing yourself a few extras as you're on your hols!x

Agree with Ceridwen - you are on your hols and it is celebration time so drink and be merry - you are already being naturally cautious about what you eat so that should suffice in my humble opinion!!! Defo think you should address sugar/choc when you get back - think of it as an adjustment to be done - not an overhaul!!! Enjoy the wet weather - at least while your on holiday you don't actually have to do anything!!!! Hope your keeping up to date with your online dating too!!! LOL! x

Back