Jools ... Lets get ready to rumble ......

You and me both! Im determined to get back to it today and im going to Tesco to stock up on low point foods to get me through to Tuesday weigh-in. Hopefully if I get myself in time I will sts or have a small loss - fingers crossed! We can do this mate!!

Ax

Just checking in to make sure you are keeping ur chin up and sticking to WW...........

Shall we meet up next month when I come back off hols?????

Let me know, I sent you a message with my mobie no in it.....

Morning all

Well its been like a sick bay in my house this week ... all 3 kids and my hubby at the beginning of the week and now its my turn! I feel like poop! streaming nose, sore eyes, sore throat, aching all over ... no appetite!
Still life must go on .. still got a house to run and 3 kids, a dog and a cat to look after!!

Hope you are all well !!!

xx

Morning all

Well its been like a sick bay in my house this week ... all 3 kids and my hubby at the beginning of the week and now its my turn! I feel like poop! streaming nose, sore eyes, sore throat, aching all over ... no appetite!
Still life must go on .. still got a house to run and 3 kids, a dog and a cat to look after!!

Hope you are all well !!!

Ive never seen it soooooo quite on here!!!

xx

Hi guys ... this one is straight from my depressed heart!!

I can honestly say I haven't given this diet 100% since the day I started it. I get to the point where I try my hardest - fail - then eat because I have disappointed myself. I REALLY WANT AND NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.

I have been looking around on the internet at other diet wesites thinking that I could do better on them but I know I haven't given ww a chance. And when I look at peoples tickers and see the amazing success they are having then I know ww must work!

I am waiting for my shopping to be delivered on sunday and then from monday I intend to try and start afresh and start as I mean to go on.
I am aiming to lose at least 10lbs for xmas .. Im sure thats a target thats within reach.

I need constant motivation and I know I have already been receiving that from most of the lovely people I have 'met' on here! I just hope that continues as I struggle on to lose the weight.

xx

Hi Jools,

Dont beat yourself up love - we have all been there. This is my 3rd attempt at ww and its working this time because of a few things-

1. I write down what I eat and I try to plan what I will have the next day.
2. I exercise which helps with the 2 or so days per week that I go over points.
3. I have loads of low point treats in the house and I have alot of them (7 or so points a day) - its not the healthiest diet in the world but its working for now.
4. Minimins is a lifesaver - I come on here and I feel motivated again.
5. My unhappy marriage has ended and I have begun a new chapter in my life - its time to sort myself out and only I can do it.

Its all about getting in the right frame of mind. Once you taste a bit of sucess it becomes addictive and I LOVE the fact that clothes that previously didnt fit, now do and people have started to notice the change in me. I feel lighter and I really want to get another 10lbs or so off by xmas. I am the lightest weight I have been in years and it feels great. I havent got it all worked out but I really believe in one day at a time and if today is a bad day - dust yourself off and start afresh tomorrow.
One thing I would suggest though - dont wait until Monday - start tomorrow - weigh yourself and then give it another go. You can do it!!!!

Good luck:)
HUGS

Ax

Hi andi and thanks for your much needed reply!

I know all that you are saying makes sense. I don't know whats wrong with me just lately! I know EXACTLY what I should be doing and how to do it but I just can't seem to motivate myself to actually do it!

xx

Hi Jools

Everyone is different and different things motivate us. For me it's a stages thing.

I just need to have 1 day of being good - that first day, which is always the hardest, but the next day I wake up I feel so proud of myself and happy that it really motivates me to do the next day.

Saying no to something (like the gorgously yummy chocolate biscuits that someone's bought into my work and are within a grabbing distance to me) once, makes it so much easier to keep saying no.

So for me it's never like I have to be good on my diet until X ... it's just be good today, or even just say no at this moment and deal with the next when it happens.

It works for me ... well most of the time anyway lol

You can do it, I know you can - it sometimes just takes a while to hit that zone ... but when you do you'll wonder why you ever struggled before!

Good luck!
xx

Hi andi and thanks for your much needed reply!

I know all that you are saying makes sense. I don't know whats wrong with me just lately! I know EXACTLY what I should be doing and how to do it but I just can't seem to motivate myself to actually do it!

xx

Hi Jools

I know exactly how you feel as have felt like that myself for a while now and have been faffing about. Life does tend to drag us all down and it can be hard to start putting ourselves first for a change rather than work, family etc.

Why dont you try just setting yourself tiny goals ? its not so daunting then. Why not make it the run up to Christmas, its not that far away and if you can just try to stay on track till then, you can enjoy it all the more. !

9 weeks will fly and just take each day as it comes, and just promise yourself you will stick to Core/points in that time.

Aiming for that one little goal might be motivation you need right now. :)

You can do it Jools. We are all here with you.

Deb x

Hi Jools,

I know what you mean - you know exactly what to do but for some reason you dont do it. What about changing just one thing for the next week or so - eat what you are eating but try to do 30mins exercise per day - even if its a walk with the kids or a DVD? Then next week do that AND have a salad for lunch eat day but have what you like the rest of the day? Small steps?
Have you heard of the 6 to 6 way of doing ww? If you are like me you might have the munchy demons when the kids go to bed and cope fine during the day - I could probably survive on 8 points from breakfast until 6pm giving me 18 points for dinner and snacks. I havent tried this way yet but I might if the dark evening start to get to me!
What about going window shopping for an xmas outfit and have an aim to get into a size smaller than now? I tried on size18 John black trousers in Debenhams about a month ago and then were really really tight - they fit now!

Honestly Jools I dont have it all sorted out - I went way over points last night and my friend has just arrived into work with 3 large bars of chocolate as a gift for something I done for him - lovely thought but lethal for WW!!!!

Today is another day - as Marie and Starlight say - the click will come dont give up!

Ax

How are you feeling today Jools?
I know how hard it is, rarely am I good all week although I do try and save points for things, but when I've been 'naughty' I try not to let it affect the next day/week etc. We all have blips but you need to get back on it. Think of how good you feel when you've been 'good', try and drink lots of water and I agree with Andi, look for an outfit to slim into, I constantly do this! When I've felt like cheating I've gone online or picked up a catalogue and dreamed!
Hope you're ok love.
xx

Hi girls THANK YOU so much for your replies. I am really down today ... usual blah blah blah!

I am gonna restart on monday .. Im back at work then too so it will be easier. I only work 2 hours at the school but its from 11.45 til 1.45 so its smack bang in the middle of my school day and it will be easier for me not to chomp!

xx

How are you feeling today? Hope you're feeling a bit more positive love and ready and raring to go for your fresh start on Monday. We're behind you all the way.
xx

Morning all

Im feeling a bit more positive today! Im going to try and do a sheet of menus to put on my fridge for the week and see how that goes!

To make matters worse Ive had to stop going to the meetings as my hubby works 2 nights a week and for the next 5 weeks its on weigh in night. Ive got no one to have my 3 kiddies while I go to the meeting. This is lethal for me as I know I will be thinking 'well it won't hurt as I won't be getting weighed this week!' SOOOOOOOO I am gonna try and keep myself on track.

Hope you have all had a good weekend!

xx

Back