Jo's CD Diary

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:Thanks ladies.....we have BB. Loving the encouragement and general banter. Can you believe I have only been on here (and this plan) for 3 weeks??? 3 weeks??! Feels like an age! (in a good way)

Just a quick up-date. Did bodypump class today...it was really challenging and I am weary now. What a difference not having many calories to spare makes to your energy levels. Ketosis or not!!

I have allowed myself an additional tin of tuna as a snack in addition to the 3CD and 250g King Prawns that are marinating in my hubby's home made tikka paste for my dinner. I felt shaky!

Last night I went to a Pink Floyd tribute show. It was amazing. Not my usual sort of thing but the tickets were free and it was mind blowing. I wore my fave Guess jeans (US size 31) and had minimal muffin top and a lovely top I bought in Gap when I was in NY. I was so happy to be wearing them.

12st4 now....yeehah. Another 8 pounds and I will start thinking about my future. I seem to be almost a comfy size 12 in most stuff.....with my curvy shape and beloved clothes stash I don't want to go that much lower. Target 11stone but may settle for less and enjoy having a few undulations about my person.....

We'll see.

So, slip ups in the last 3 weeks???

Not many to be honest and (with your help and that of a blinding CDC) I am not taking them too seriously. I remember the first time I did CD....I felt cold and weak about 2 weeks in and had an omelette and some chicken. My CDC back then treated it like it was some awful slip-up and acted really seriously....asking me what triggered it etc. My new CDC (who I have know for years....I got her into CD 2 years back and she has made a business out of her amazing success) would just say 'It happens and it is only protein.'. My first CDC used to talk about it slowing down weight loss and didn't really present me with any flexibility at all....

This time feels totally different.

So, slip-ups

About a week ago....about 50g of chicken at a buffet. It was the day after a run and I now know why I was hungry and that it wasn't a big deal

Last Saturday- that extra bar (trembles with fear). Boredom (thanks Lily) and slight devillishness (thanks Divster) but no big deal

Thursday- an extra bar...why? Just cos I wanted to. Think I was annoyed about only losing 2 pounds. I was going to just have a bite....but it kind of got out of hand. I told CDC I 'hated myself'....she texted back 'get over it'. End of. Lol.

Yesterday: Instead of my weekend SS+ of 3CD and 170g chicken I had 320g chicken and 2 CD. Enjoyed feeling flexible

Today: Extra tin of tuna because of post-body pump fatigue. Gave myself the choice and feel better for it!!

So not all bad....no impulse food or naughties. Looking back over the past 3 weeks since I started I feel quite content and happy with it all

Thanks everyone for being full on and supportive :) xxxxx

Hi Jo
Hoping to be back on it from Monday wen doctors gets my results back and off these tablets. Internet n phone line down here at home and 3G comes n goes so nit been on much. My week if plan 4 has been a total write off thanks to **** hotel food. As they were catering for 100+ people there was only two choices of food and they actually refused yes refused to cater to my needs. Cheeky buggars.
Sounds like your doing brill still Jo much love xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw Katie! What a nightmare you've been having....get better and get back on track. You can do it :) xxxxx

morning jo, hope your having a happy sunday

Good morning everyone from the sunny north....

I did all my cleaning yesterday and am lurking in bed with a massive cup of black coffee, having just savoured my peanut bar. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Feeling good and committed. Sometimes I get to the end of my bar and think I could just eat it all again.....natural I suppose as they are proper scrummy.

Based on a recommend from our sensational :eek: LILY :eek: I am getting into the work of Marisa Peer. From Lily's account of her dietary principles and having accessed a couple of links she posted (thanks lady).

Because I was worried (and rightly so) that her book about getting slim will be too persuasive at the mo and maybe distract me from my current path, I have instead bought her most recent book 'Ultimate Confidence'.......

I will save the diet book until I start to phase back up because form what I gather it will give me a crucial source of support as I begin to eat again.

The confidence book is an odd one.....because outwardly I am no shrinking violet as I am certain you can gather. Deep down I know that my fluctuating weight is somehow connected with self esteem.....there is a blockage somewhere there ( snigger) that I need to work on. I would call it a deep need to self-sabotage.....and it happens in all areas of my life.

Working out how this relates to my attitude to food and body image will be a powerful bit of learning as I seek to move forward.....thanks Lily!!!! Xxxxx

Good morning everyone from the sunny north....

I did all my cleaning yesterday and am lurking in bed with a massive cup of black coffee, having just savoured my peanut bar. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Feeling good and committed. Sometimes I get to the end of my bar and think I could just eat it all again.....natural I suppose as they are proper scrummy.

Based on a recommend from our sensational :eek: LILY :eek: I am getting into the work of Marisa Peer. From Lily's account of her dietary principles and having accessed a couple of links she posted (thanks lady).

Because I was worried (and rightly so) that her book about getting slim will be too persuasive at the mo and maybe distract me from my current path, I have instead bought her most recent book 'Ultimate Confidence'.......

I will save the diet book until I start to phase back up because form what I gather it will give me a crucial source of support as I begin to eat again.

The confidence book is an odd one.....because outwardly I am no shrinking violet as I am certain you can gather. Deep down I know that my fluctuating weight is somehow connected with self esteem.....there is a blockage somewhere there ( snigger) that I need to work on. I would call it a deep need to self-sabotage.....and it happens in all areas of my life.

Working out how this relates to my attitude to food and body image will be a powerful bit of learning as I seek to move forward.....thanks Lily!!!! Xxxxx

LOL, no need to thank me. :eek: I've spent the last 29 years on a diet of one sort or another so it really was high time I figured out what worked for me. If it works for other people too, that's a bonus. :D

I also have the confidence book and I've rather enjoyed it. I'm not listening to the visualisation CD from that one yet though cos I need to listen to the 'You can be thin' CD for 21 days and I'm not quite there yet.

A lot of the principles are the same in the two books though - the idea that whatever you do, you are 'enough' is in both, the need to be careful about what you say to yourself and the words you use is in both. But that's a good thing, I think, because it shows you that you can apply the principles to just about anything you need to apply them to, LOL - not just confidence and weight-shedding. I've had a much better week at work because of listening to it, I think (sad muppet that I am, I have it on CD and in book form...).

I have downloaded Marisa's 'Virtual Gastric Band' as well, LOL, but haven't listened to it yet. I figure I'll listen to it if my weight doesn't begin to shift downwards as fast as I'd like over the next few weeks. I did scroll through a bit of it and discovered I would be imagining being wheeled down to the operating theatre - that was the moment I decided I might leave it for a while... :D Sounds a bit hard core.

I'm trying to be patient with my body but I'm not good at patience, LOL. Cambridge spoils you rather, as far as speedy weight loss is concerned. Realistically, I can't expect to lose more than a pound to a pound and a half a week doing Marisa (ooh err, missus ;)) - but of course I want it to be faster! However, a pound a week would be 3 stones plus in a year. I've been on Cambridge on and off for the last 3 and a half years, LOL and in that time have managed to keep 3 and a half stones off (and only managed to 'maintain' for the last 2 and a half years). So however it feels, a conventional diet (not that this is, exactly), is still going to give me faster results than Cambridge has been giving me.

Just keep reminding me of that, will ya? :D

Have a fabulous Sunday, Jo! :clap:

Lily, this new attitude is amazing, I love hearing your posts, you seem so relaxed about it now, well done :)

Jo, don't read you can be thin yet!! You'll not want your shakes, lol!

Have a lovely day xx

Well lasses, Ive had a hungry couple of days for no particular reason...I could eat a scabby nag and chase the rider!! Couple of times I've thought I was going to do a mad bolt and get some chicken or an omelette but somehow I have pushed on through and am okay. It is funny how your diet disposition comes and goes, ebbs and flows. Something I read on Carla's page helped keep me going.....what am I going to do? Give up?? I need to suck it in, get me head. Down and move the buttery on. Come on girls xxxx

*******. Not buttery. Incidentally.

Lol! Auto correct, Mine just changed chuffed to Giggs! :p this diet is a sneaky one alright, one day your on top of the world the next you want to eat peoples leftovers. We'll keep our heads down together and get there quicker :D

Joooooooo! How was your WI?!?!?

coralprincess said:
Joooooooo! How was your WI?!?!?

Arrrrrrghghghgh.

It was pants pet. Only a pound off, which left me feeling really demotivated as I had been a proper good girl.

Worse, I have just scranned a massive place of buffet and a slice of carrot cake the size of my head. It wasn't impulsive.....I planned to have a night off and had discussed it with my CDC.

I just didn't mean to eat that much. Feel sick and thirsty.

Will I have a huge gain? And how long to get back in keto?

Ugggggh. :((

We all have the pound week! Don't worry about it, you'll have a big one next week :) If you planned it then it's fine, straight back on the horse, train the carbs off tomorrow, jobs a goodun ;)

coralprincess said:
We all have the pound week! Don't worry about it, you'll have a big one next week :) If you planned it then it's fine, straight back on the horse, train the carbs off tomorrow, jobs a goodun ;)

Aw man, am I pleased to hear from you? Did you have any planned days off?? I was supposed to eat chicken but had quiche, potatoes, canapés and CAKE. FFs. Arrrrrrrrrrhghhhhhhhhh xx

Sounds like fun to me. :D I bet you didn't really eat anywhere near as much as you think, either. Stay off the scales tomorrow though, just in case. Luckily it's a while until official weigh day, so you've got time to drop off the water weight again plus a bit more. And Carla's right - you can exercise off most of the glycogen regain. You might even end up with a half decent loss next week - the pounds that you should've lost this week (the ones hiding behind the water retention that masked the fat you lost) plus any extra ones you get shot of this week.

If... you're a good girl and get straight back on with SS tomorrow. :copon:

So what's it to be? :)

What Lily said, you know it makes sense ;) I agree too that you probably ate nowhere near what you thought you did and probably less than you would have before CD. I didn't have any planned days off but I have got one at the end of June, if I'm not at goal by then :D

Sounds like fun to me. :D I bet you didn't really eat anywhere near as much as you think, either. Stay off the scales tomorrow though, just in case. Luckily it's a while until official weigh day, so you've got time to drop off the water weight again plus a bit more. And Carla's right - you can exercise off most of the glycogen regain. You might even end up with a half decent loss next week - the pounds that you should've lost this week (the ones hiding behind the water retention that masked the fat you lost) plus any extra ones you get shot of this week.

If... you're a good girl and get straight back on with SS tomorrow. :copon:

So what's it to be? :)

Hey Lily, another guardian angel....thank you for.posting. I was utterly freaked. I had some disappointing news yesterday and had had a bugger of a week at work. I knew I was going to eat and buffets are a nightmare for me. I enjoyed my scran, and did eat as much as I think. Lol. The portions were whopping. Immediately after I finished I had this unbelievable thirst, plus nausea and this urge to lie down. On the way home I kinda realised that I could have been sensible. It worries me when I lose control like that.

I had had a chat with my CDC the night before. Initially she said that I should stick to protein and greens, but I asked if I could just have what I wanted for a night. She said to go ahead, enjoy contact with food. She said I'd get back in the pink in a couple of days.

Woke up ravenous this morning and have just savoured my peanut bar.

What's it gonna be then?

Body pump at 10.15 to blast through some of that glycogen, good, long walk later and back on the plan. Think I'll SS plus it for a few days. I was going to restrict myself but then wonder if the logic of self flagellation is really sensible??

Err, noooooo.

Bit worried about next 3 days but I know where go come to let off steam. Love ya's xxxxx:sigh:

Afternoon Jo.. SS+ will kick the loss again hun.. i hope you enjoyed pump, im booked in on Tuesday.

1 lb is great hun, stay positive and keep smiling xx

Bit worried about next 3 days but I know where go come to let off steam. Love ya's xxxxx:sigh:

You'll be fine - mind over matter!

And I'll be around to keep an eye on you... :D

Ta Shanny!! I did a Pump then Zumba double whammy....good fun. All that energy from the food kept me going. Feeling ok.....not as hungry as I expected. Will hunger get me later do you think?

I got on the scales....no damage to report. Phew.

I want to get into those elusive 11s now. My CDC is away next week so new WI not until 6th June. Have my Dad's 60th to contend with next weekend but will try to stick to the protein. All will be well, ladies.

Xxxx

Back