Jo's diary, a woman walking in Wales

Thanks Minusfour, I am a support worker through an agency, I used to work for them a couple of years ago, the shift on sunday was with young homeless people, however they have now covered the shift internally, typical.

Nevermind, there may be some shifts coming up supporting a young girl who's leaving care.

Been swimming and managed to do 34 lengths in under an hour so pleased with that.

Been really busy this weekend, so haven't managed to get any exercise done and today went to Bala where there was a market and just couldn't resist buying a piece of Baklava, wow it tasted great but I don't even dare to think how many calories it was it was dripping with syrup, oops.

Well I'm going away this weekend so I'm going to try not to worry too much about it but try not to go too mad either, it's really hard to balance the two, but if this change is going to be for life balance it I will have to learn to do.

How do thin people do it, they seem to have the occasional treat without putting on weight yet I only have to look at something unhealthy and there I am lbs heavier. Oh well that's life I guess.

My best friend is a size 8 (at the moment although goes between this and a size 6) and I wouldn't mind but she eats junk until it comes out of her ears, it's just not fair, lol.

Well just weighed in and I've lost another lb, not an amazing weight loss but one I'll definately take.

Like I said in my previous post I'm going away this weekend so it will be takeout and bbq's so not really expecting to lose anything next week (in fact will be happy as long as I don't put on too much).

Also means that I won't be on here til at least monday, so good luck to anyone reading this for this weeks weight loss and I'll be back monday:D

I found this on another thread and thought it was great so 'm posting it here so I can look back on it later.

I've lost almost as much as the average American eats in pizza in a year.:D

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Well, it's been one eck of a weekend, I went camping only to have my tent ruined by the wind, just your typical Welsh campig trip really, lol.

Food wise not my finest weekend, I went a little mad, decided that it was the closest that I was going to get to a holiday this year so had Pizza, a cooked breakfast, sweets and popcorn, was going to be good today only to have my first day in work (yey finally) only to have every one in work going to buy a cooked breakfast bap at luch and no wanting to seem funny on my first day decided to join them.

I've also got a problem with one of the joints in my foot, it means that I can't put any weight through my left foot so I'm finding it hard to exercise too, will be going swimming at the end of the week but walking is out, and not too easy to do Just dance either. The doctor has given me anti inflametries so hopefully that will help.

Back on diet as of tomorrow (although doing a night shift so not sure how to work that one really) but I have a feeling I will have put on this week.

Never mind Wednesday marks a new week and I'm in this for the long term.

Ok, so maybe work was slightly more of an issue :eek: I have not stuck to healthy eating at all this week, I've been so tired from working over 60hrs that we've had takeaway, I've had vsweets beacuse there's nothing quiet like sugar for getting you through a night shift at 4am, and I've not had enough time or energy to do much exercise.:eek:

I have still gone swimming which is something I guess and I went for a walk twice straight from a night shift which took some doing let me tell you.
However not had work this week (problem with agency work every hour under the sun one week, nothing the next) and so shouldn't have any excuse but for some unknown reason I've done nothing but sleep all week.

Well I've got two weeks until my next appointment with the doctor so hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Exercise has also not been helped by my developing gout, now I thought that this mainly effected the older generation but alas apparently not, and get this, here I am trying to get healthy by eating well, and gout can be caused by a build up of acid caused by eating too much fruit, now that is just my luck, lol.

Well as I have said before, lets start again, on the plus side I haven't really gained anything much (just the 1lb) so at least I haven't got to start again from the beginning:D

Well got my first paypacket today so decided to go shyopping and have bought myself a pedometer so that hopefully I can keep an eye on how much I am walking, they say that the recommended is 10,000, Since I put it on (about half way through my shopping trip approx) I've only done 1500, 10,000 now seems like a lot.

Thinking that maybe for the first few weeks I'll aim at 5000 and see about raising it from there.

Well, in the end the first day I did ok, actually did about 10,000 steps and then yesterday, oops stayed in the house all day did about 1000 steps (if that).

Going shopping in a bit so hopefully will do more walking today.

Eating has definitely improved again this week, so hopefully I have turned it around again, scary how quick it is to fall back into bad habits. Must be careful especially with the party season upon us.

Going away for the night next week, really looking forward to it after our disastrous camping trip a couple of weeks ago, this time definitely going to book into a hotel for the night, lol.

Well although the diet still has gone a little heywire, I do feel like I need to give myself a pat on the back today for doing a 12hr night shift and then coming home and going on a 2&1/2 mile walk.

Even if I can just get back into the exercise to begin with it would be good.
My foot isn't hurting as much as it was and I need to keep going with it if I want to acheive my dream of being healthy.

I lie awake sometimes in bed dreaming of running down the road outside, and in my mind it feels so effortless and freeing, however in reality I just am so far away from my dream.

I have to keep telling myself that the only way that my dream will become a reality is to continue on the road that was on not this road that I have slipped back onto.

Actually put on pedometer again today, my walk only came to 6500 so I need to do this every day and try to get more walking into my daily life too.
Sitting on the sofa or at a desk in work is just not going to cut it if I want to change my sedentary lifestyle to that of someone that is fit and healthy.

Ok rant over I'm going to the school Christmas fair next door, I do love Christmas, and if I walk around the hall enough times looking for goodies maybe I'll hit that elusive 10,000 steps, lol.

Well the weekend away was amazing, I really needed to relax and after the troubles my partner and I have been having it was brilliant to actually spend some quality time with him and remember why we are together in the first place and why we fell in love to begin with.

Going swimming tomorrow, I really enjoy my swimming trips and now that I'm doing some work again, maybe I'll look at going more often, although I love swimming with my sister, I love to spend the time together with her, I also like swimming on my own so I might look at joining the local swimming pools monthly deal, they charge £15 a month and your allowed unlimited swimming for that.

I'll see how my money copes over Christmas, I'm not getting as many shifts as I had hoped. Only did one shift last week and nothing the week before, not looking good for this week either :-(

Heya hun,
Hope everything's going well, it's always really hard to get back on the wagon, but it'll be worth it!
The swimming sounds good. How much is it per session? Does it work out cheaper to get a monthly ticket?

Do you have snow? We do in Cardiff. Bit of a pain really, but it meant that I got the night off work :)

Hope things go well this week.

Hi Pink, haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, trying to avoid the truth maybe that I'm just not ready to get back on the wagon until after Christmas, I'm really pleased though that considering I've really not been behaving the last couple of weeks, I've managed to maintain so at least when I do try to go back on the wagon inthe new year I don't need to start again from scratch.

It is indeed snowing in North Wales, still, looks like we might just have a White Christmas, that would be nice, I've been naughty this evening and made home made Mince pies but they look gorgeous, don't taste too bad either lol.

Just in case I don't come back on here before Christmas I hope every one who reads this has a wonderful Christmas and doesn't indulge too much. But if you do indulge make sure you enjoy it :) Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm quite pleased, I was unfortunately quite poorly over Christmas but this did result in my not being able to eat too much, and on some days not at all, including Christmas day :cry:

However I have lost 4 lbs over the Christmas period despite getting better last week and trying to make up for Christmas being ill:eek:

I might go for a nice long walk this afternoon, it's beautiful here at the moment, I was quite shocked to wake up and find quite a lot of snow outside my window, it's very pretty, it was white here Christmas too, very beautiful, if only I could have enjoyed it.

I know I haven't been on here very much recently so I'm coming back because since I haven't been on here so often my will power has also dropped off and my weight stopped dropping.

This is the year that I am going to get down to a reasonable weight, finish my college course, start my own business and just be a bit happier.

My relationship is working again, I'm doing some work and I've had a grant for all the items I needed to start my company so things already starting to take shape, just need to put the effort in and the rest will follow.

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this and lets all make this year one to remember.:party0019:

I've been given Just dance 2 :stickdance: so will be trying to do this at least 3 times a week, so that will be my new years resolution (hopefully not the first one to be broken, lol).

This year I will be adding a resolution each month, lets see how January's goes.:)

Just been back and looked at my very first post on this diary, it reminded me why I started on this journey again.

Need to get back the commitment that I was giving it back at that point, it is so easy to slip back into old habits, just stupid things like going back to more convenience foods and not cooking every day.

Money has been really tight for the last month or so and of course we've had loads of goodies left over from Christmas, really need to go and pick up some cheap meats and things from Iceland, can't keep eating the rubbish we have been, I've managed to lose a few more pounds but it could hsave been a lot more.

I know it sounds stupid but I'm really pleased that Biggest loser is back on tv, watched the USA version last week and really got inspired again, and the UK version starts tomorrow.

I actually applied to go on this year but you had to apply in a pair, and I don't know anyone else who needs to lose as much weight as I do, spoke to my mum who said that maybe I could apply next year, I told her that I have no intention of applying next year as I fully intend on being way too thin to apply.

I was up quite late last night so I got to watch the US couples first episode. Just seeing how much one person can lose when they put their minds to it, it really gets you motivated to join in doesn't it!?

Awesome that you still lost a few lbs even after having christmas goodies left over!

Looking forward to your next post. :)

Yeah can't wait til tonights show and see whether the UK show can produce similar results.

First day back in college to just hopefully finish things off over the next couple of weeks and my partner has gone and put all my work in the attic, so I'm in my uniform (I'm an holistic therapist not a school uniform,lol) and going to have to forrage into the attic, great first day back.

Now some may ask what my OH was doing putting my college work in the attic if I haven't yet finnished my course, well that would be a wonderful question and the answer would be that is his new cleaning system, if it's not his and he doesn't know where to put it, it goes in the attic, as you can imagine this is now getting to be quite an issue as half of my bills and post have also disappeared into the attic.

If that meant that I then didn't have to pay them I would be quite happy however all it has done has confused me as to when they all need paying:confused:

God knows what else I'm going to find!

I am however wearing a size 20 tunic and trousers, and these have no give so I'm really pleased, they are slightly snug today but I'm hoping that means that I will get maximum use out of them as I lose weight. Would have needed at least a 24 in the tunic before and possibly a 26 in the trousers so that is much better, I even managed to get a pair of trousers from peacocks, so much cheaper than Evans.:D

Hey Jo x
I ve found your diary x And havent you done well so far especially after all you ve been through recently x Here s to another good week :D, And its nice that we can support each other xx

Heya lovely. Ick, back to college huh....Oh well.
Sorry to hear that you were ill over xmas, good news about eh loss though :)
I'm really looking forward to biggest loser too! Going to make my housemates watch it whether they want to or not! lol.
Hope that everything goes well :)

Wow some of the weight loss' were amazing, I wish I could be as dedicated assome of the people on Biggest loser but I just couldn't be that dedicated, I did try to get on my Wii fit for the first time in a long time this evening as a result though and found that for some reason my Wii remotes aren't working. Typical, and my OH has already gone to bed so will have to get him to have a look at them tomorrow.

Back