Jo's Journey :-)

thanks. :)

OMG I am starving arrgghhhhhhh had dinner early as I was going to the gym but I am so exhausted I am staying home to recharge myself.
Had chicken salad for tea and a jelly now I have just eaten a tin of pineapple the while lot has gone, I think I should head to bed soon, the house is full of cakes too as my other half is oing his macmillan coffee morning tomorrow and everywhere I look there is CAKE!!
Over and out!

eeeekkkkk step away from the cake!

Not posted for a few days but have been lurking, lately I have been so tired just feeling knackered all the time, I think it could be me thinking about our wedding draining me! I dragged myself to the gym yesterday, I found it tough going there b ut felt good afterwards.
I think I will go again this morning then I need to do some food shopping, I ususally do it online but I will go and have a look round the supermarket today.
Went bridesmaid shopping Friday, I only have one bridesmaid and she couldnt make her mind up on the dress she liked, I hoped to get that all sorted one less thing to think about! Hope she makes her mind up tomorrow!
Just waking up with a cuppa tea. x

been to the gym :) I walked into the gym and I saw a false leg attached to the exercise bike I nearly died!! The man came along and unattached it put it under his arm and walked off, he must have a walking leg and a gym leg and I walked in at the wrong time lol
Been to tescos, unpacked shopping and now will have a shower and put the washing machine on and hoover, my legs are still burning from the treadmill.......it's gotta be doing some good?

yep and it will be making you fitter too!
hope you are feeling a little bit better...

i wouldnt have know what to do if i walked into that at the gym!

Weighed in this morning and I have stayed the same GUTTED!!
I have no idea how my body works anymore, I have stuck to the rules and been to the gym and yet I STS!
Hhmmmmmm I am at a loss of what to do other than battle on, perhaps I should up my water intake and see if that make a difference.
Work today then off to the gym again tonight.

I'f your going to the gym then your going to be changing fat for muscle... keep going... measure your self.. your prob losing the inches (thats what happened to me) . And yes def up the water. Even if its diluted sugar free squash. better than none at all

what are you doing at the gym? i would think its better to concentrate on more cardio, as its getting the heart beat up etc that burns the fat up... i read somewhere that when dieting your already using your own weight as resistance.. if that makes sense..:)

i'd definitely up the water too :)

with regard to resistance versus cardio... i honestly think you need to do both. yyou need to build your muscles to handle the cardio. and if you are over doing it (getting your heart rate up too high) then you are not going to do anything..
you need to be at 75% of your max heart rate (225-your age is your max heart rate) so what ever 75% of that is.... then you need to stay around that.. (give or take) it will get harder as you get fitter....

I do mainly cardio, I do 10 mins bike at different levels then half hour treadmill, walking up hill and down hill again this changes on its own my heart rate gets up to about 138. I then do cross trainer ( not for long it kills my knees) then few toning weights then I do wave machine again only for few mins and knee hurts. My main workout it the treadmill, my PT said it's long hard steady workout that will burn my fat?

I think thats right...i think the whole weight thing depends on how heavy you are when you start off...a exercise bloke posts over on exercise sub forum and he was saying something about lifting with weights when youre a certain weight...

it confuses me a bit, cos i also read that doing weights or building muscle or similar helps you to keep buring the cals after youve finished working out :eek:

Jeeeeeezzz I ache today, I pushed myself so hard at the gym.
Bridesmaid dress sorted yesterday so another thing off my list and one less stress!
Work today not sure where I am going as yet but I MUST write a letter that I have been meaning to do for over a week.
Need a shower and will pop a treatment on my hair.
Just snapped a nail arrrggghhhhhh

Gym again last night, I did 10 mins bike, 26 mins treadmill and some toning weights, I will give it a miss tonight I feel burned out.
I hopped on the scales just now and they haven't shifted at all, so frustrating all this exercise and no weight loss, I managed to drink over 2 litres of water yesterday so perhaps if I carry on this will help.

maybe try drinking a little more. if you are going to the gym, and your muscles are acheing it means they are holding more water to repair themselves, therefore you need to drink a little more than usual to flush it out...
sounds wiered.... but since when as anything to do with our bodies seemed normal!

Monday again eegghhh I hate Mondays, just weighed myself and stayed the same again, it's starting to really piss me off that the weight wont shift, I think this week I am going to write down everything I eat and put it on here so you can all have a look and tell me where I am going wrong.

(((((hugs))))

its a bad week for me and you hun..come on,at least we're trying!

here's to next week eh! ;)

xoxo

Yep Bunny hops no one can say we arnt trying!

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - ham sandwich, snack a jacks, 1litre water and 2 sugar free chewing gum.
Dinner - ww cottage pie, cabbage carrots and sprouts.

2 x light digestive biscuits and low fat yoghurt.
a further 1.5ltrs water

Exercise - 48 mins cardio, 30 mins toning weights

snack - apple
2 cups coffee with sskimmed milk

Last edited:
Well today is another day and agin I hopped on the scales which I know I shouldnt have done because it depresses me!
I enjoyed the gym last night and I was proud that I managed 5 minutes on the wave machine yay - go me!!! I still can only manage a mintute or so on the cross trainer it hurts me knee but I still give it a go.
I won some bridal jewellery on ebay last night I hope when it come that I like it, my dress was easier to buy that the jewellery!
I am still in two minds if I go for it and get the bridal boudoir photo shoot done, I really want to do it but I am scared!!
I will update my food diary again today starting with:

Breakfast: Bagel and 1 ww sausage

what are you scared of hun?

xoxo

Back