methinks you have :D x
I do worry about myself sometimes :rolleyes: :D
Down day today so my 'menu' for the day will be
milk (4 tea) 100 cals
5 c.breads + ch spread 150 cals
5 c.breads + ch spread 150 cals
Fl.water 30 cals

Total 430 cals

Weigh in day tomorrow really really hoping for 2lbs but as long as its not a gain or a dreaded sts then I will be happy , I really want for this diet to work as it seems to suit me :)

Yay achieved my 2lb loss this week, so pleased to be on target.
I absolutely love this diet, it fits in perfectly with my lifestyle. I am a bit reluctant to call it a diet as its more a way of eating. I think that by giving myself 2 up days on the weekend I am more likely to stick to it long term. You know how enthusiastic you are on the 1st day of a diet, well you sort of get that on each of your Ddays and when you think I really need to eat something you can just keep telling yourself 'don't worry you can have something nice tomorrow' whereas on conventional diets you need to be in firm control 24/7 for the long term, you only ever have to be in such firm control for one day at a time. Then on your Up days you don't want to eat everything sight as you would imagine, you seem to want to make healthier choices, not sure why that is. I still have cakes and things as a treat on my up days when I feel like it though:p.
Oooh and I found a link on here somewhere for an americam site that has lots of Juddd followers, really inspiring, a lot of them low carb too but one diet at a time I say :p Anyway they have loads who have got to goal on Juddd and maintain by doing 1 Down day a week, if their weight starts to creep they up it to 2 and soon lose any excess. Sounds good to me, after all we are all good at dieting for a day aren't we!
Just to add that I think those that are used to very restricted food/calories will find this diet easier than those who aren't. The Down days are very low on cals, I have done tfr vlcd before so know what its like to go without 'proper food' for long periods, so to do it just for one day at a time is fairly 'easy' . Those who have done more generous diets i.e SW or WW may find the calories very restrictive to start but it does get easier.
Sorry for the long post but I really rate this diet as you can tell lol.

UP days today and tomorrow so I am off to have something nice for brekkie, see you soon ;)

Yay achieved my 2lb loss this week, so pleased to be on target.
I absolutely love this diet, it fits in perfectly with my lifestyle. I am a bit reluctant to call it a diet as its more a way of eating. I think that by giving myself 2 up days on the weekend I am more likely to stick to it long term. You know how enthusiastic you are on the 1st day of a diet, well you sort of get that on each of your Ddays and when you think I really need to eat something you can just keep telling yourself 'don't worry you can have something nice tomorrow' whereas on conventional diets you need to be in firm control 24/7 for the long term, you only ever have to be in such firm control for one day at a time. Then on your Up days you don't want to eat everything sight as you would imagine, you seem to want to make healthier choices, not sure why that is. I still have cakes and things as a treat on my up days when I feel like it though:p.
Oooh and I found a link on here somewhere for an americam site that has lots of Juddd followers, really inspiring, a lot of them low carb too but one diet at a time I say :p Anyway they have loads who have got to goal on Juddd and maintain by doing 1 Down day a week, if their weight starts to creep they up it to 2 and soon lose any excess. Sounds good to me, after all we are all good at dieting for a day aren't we!
Just to add that I think those that are used to very restricted food/calories will find this diet easier than those who aren't. The Down days are very low on cals, I have done tfr vlcd before so know what its like to go without 'proper food' for long periods, so to do it just for one day at a time is fairly 'easy' . Those who have done more generous diets i.e SW or WW may find the calories very restrictive to start but it does get easier.
Sorry for the long post but I really rate this diet as you can tell lol.

UP days today and tomorrow so I am off to have something nice for brekkie, see you soon ;)

You are doing so well! You're absolutely right about the 1st diet day positiveness, but yes it does wear a bit thin after a while lol JUDDD seems to be really working for you, and like you said it fits into your lifestyle which is great. Keep it up :) x

Enjoyed my UP weekend, probably a bit too much:p but then that makes me look forward to being good on my Down day tommorow, I think I have a weird way of looking at things lol.

Down today got another blasted cold, only just got rid of the last one, at least thats how it feels:rolleyes:
Will update my menu later, not sure what I am having today?

Okay I am having
1 slice of toast with tin of mushrooms = 140 cals
tin of minestrone soup = 130 cals
fl water = 30 cals
milk = 100 cals
Total 400 cals

Last edited:
UP day today and also TOTM, but that shouldn't make any difference to my weight by the time I weigh in on sat, does explain why I found yesterdays down day so hard though lol.

TOTM have a lot to answer for! lol x

Yep it has, yesterday was my only down day when I could have eaten everything in sight, but I just kept telling myself it was just one day and I got through it but I couldn't work out why I was finding it so tough??? Makes sense now lol.

Damn naughty-food-craving-hormones! lol x

Enjoyed my up day yesterday, down day again today, not struggling so much today as I did on mon thank goodness.
Today I am having
1 slice toast /tin mushrooms 140 cals
tin of minestrone soup 130 cals
Large bottle of pepsi max 8 cals
milk (in tea) 100 cals
Total 378 cals

Glad today is going smoother for you hun x

Hi Bajoleth - your dd menu looks great!

Well its food lol, today i bought a WW pasta meal, tell you tomorrow what its called with only 246 cals, so I am going to have a cuppa soup for lunch then the meal for supper can't wait LOL. I am only worried that i am eating too much on my up days? I will wait till sat to see what the scales say and then I will know !
How are you getting on?

Down day today, despite it being my 3rd of the week I am always helped by the fact that I am weighing in tomorrow so really want to be good. I have swapped my flavoured water for Pepsi Max, I prefer it and its less calories, although I know you shouldn't drink too much pop, I only have it on my Down Days as a sort of a treat.
So today I am having
milk (for tea) 100 cals
French Fries (crisps) 84 cals
WW meal (veg/pasta) 246 cals
Pepsi max 8 cals
Total 438 cals

I am feeling like I have lost a little weight now but we will have to see what the scales say tomorrow, would love 2lb but I am thinking I may be over indulging on my up days , so if I am dissapointed tomorrow I will know where I am going wrong!

With up days, don't feel like you have to have all the calories available to you. Think of them as sort of like a contingency plan - they're there if you need them :) I'm sure you will have lost the 2lbs x

With up days, don't feel like you have to have all the calories available to you. Think of them as sort of like a contingency plan - they're there if you need them :) I'm sure you will have lost the 2lbs x

The problem is I think I am having too many cals on my up days, I am not eating takeaways or anything like that but I don't worry about what I am eating either??? So the scales will tell the tale tomorrow, if I havent lost then I will have to stick within my cals, its all trial and error really, I will be really pleased if I have lost though as I am really enjoying the part time diet element lol

The problem is I think I am having too many cals on my up days, I am not eating takeaways or anything like that but I don't worry about what I am eating either??? So the scales will tell the tale tomorrow, if I havent lost then I will have to stick within my cals, its all trial and error really, I will be really pleased if I have lost though as I am really enjoying the part time diet element lol

You can always plan the meals on up days, maybe set yourself a lower limit? Adapt the diet to suit you xx

Thanks both, well weighed this morning and very very pleased to see another 2lb loss :D, had to check twice as I thought I had blown it on my up days this week, it could have been excess water from TOTM this week?? So will carry on as I have been and see how the scales go next week, as long as I am losing 1-2 lbs a week then I am happy because I love this diet:D
So its Sat and sun so 2 up days for me, not sure I am really in the mood for lots of food though as My Father has terminal cancer and is at the very end stages:( will be spending most of my time at the Hosp, I keep posting here as it takes my mind off things but if I suddenly dissapear for a few days then you know why:(

Back