Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Hope you had a good DD jo x

Okay so 1st Down day over with

Milk allowance for tea/coffee 150 cals
1 apple 50 cals
salad with 1 slice ham
and tbsp salad cream 120 cals

Total 320 cals (includes 70 negative cals, apple and salad leaves)

Up day today , not sure what I am going to have yet , off shopping this morning . The car is in the garage so me and hubby are walking the kids to School then taking the baby shopping, suppose we will have to have a taxi home which should be fun with a weks shopping and a pushchair. Nevermind could be worse, will update later with my food for the day. Enjoy your days girls whether they be up or down :devilangel:

Ok I have had 1 slice toast + butter, 1/2 fishfinger sandwich (1 slice bread , 1 fishfinger ), Kit Kat chunky with a cup of coffee while I was out, I am going to have Ham and parsley sauce with new pots for supper so that comes to 1200, which leaves room for something if I am still hungry ?
I feel like I have eaten loads already and havent had my supper yet but cals are looking good.

My dd had pasta n sauce for tea and can't eat a whole packet so I had some and bought a bit of fresh bread so will have some with my tea, so final total for today will be 1600 :)

Last edited:
Must be nice to have some company again Karen ;)

DD today, bought some pysllium husk caps yesterday took 2 doses , will take the 3 recommended today and see how I go. I also bought some bovril drinks from Poundland, the ones where they are in a plastic cup and you just add water, 10 cals per cup, thought they might be nice??? I don't feel as if I have gained any weight yet due to stopping vlcd so fingers crossed. Be back later with todays food ;)

I would be pleased as punch with a STS but have geared myself up for a gain , as you say its very likely after coming off a VLCD.
Well todays food

Milk allowance 100 cals
slice toast scraping of butter 150 cals
Bowl of dried fried mushrooms
with bovril 60 cals
4 cups bovril 40 cals
1 chunk wh choc 50 cals

Total cals 350 cals

Easy enough day , really enjoyed the Bovril, will be getting more of them , For my tea I put mushrooms in a fry pan, no oil, and then added some Bovril made up with less water cooked them until soft and served them with some salad leaves, it was lovely reminded me of beef and mushroom from the chinese, but without the beef!! Will add some beansprouts + spring onions next time for a really low calorie but tasty meal yum yum.

Ooh hello I'm currently on exante struggling. I'm still wanting to try/start this diet but still worried about gaining weight so soon. your menus look great and I hope u STS too :)
keep going I'm following lol x

Thanks Dani, am expecting to gain a bit thats the nature of VLCD , but am hoping its not too bad. I love this diet and I am sure you will to and it does work honest ;)
Up day today eaten all of my 2200 official limit, more or less consisted of
2 slices of toast and butter, 2 brown rolls one with cheese, one with Ham, shepherds pie ready meal with oven chips, another brown roll (they were lovely!!) and some chocolate. Safe to say I enjoyed my up day today ;)

Sounds lovely :) That's the point of this diet though - enjoy your up days and hopefully your down days too lol

Couldn't agree more Karen, its the thought of my up days that gets me through my DD's ;)

Last DD of the week for me, weigh in tomorrow morning so will be good. Really don't know what the scales are going to say ? My clothes feel the same not tighter or looser so if I have gained its not showing so thats OK. Will be back later with todays menu, have a good day all :)

An easy DD for me, not really felt hungry and the Bovril seems to be hitting the spot

Milk allowance 100 cals
Slice toast scraping butter 150 cals
Mushrooms 50 cals
4 cups Bovril 40 cals
Total 340 cals

Weigh in tomorrow and am feeling apprehensive, I know Juddd works but after having come out of ketosis and off a vlcd I am expecting a gain just hoping its not too much. So glad to be back on Juddd though its my kind of Diet ;)

Last edited:
So so pleased to report that I have lost 2lbs this week :bliss:. I was expecting a gain as you know so to have lost 2lbs is amazing. I LOVE this diet :D
I always have 2 UP days over the weekend so will report back on Mon morning. As I do 2 up days on the weekend I will do as I planned last time, if my weight loss stalls then I will go down to 1 DD on the weekend so we shall see how it goes. Have a great weekend all :)

Last edited:
Congrats! That's absolutely fantastic! :)

Do you mean you have two up days on the weekend? If you do have two down days that sounds incredibly hard! x

Thanks floss, yep I meant 2 Up days !! It was early this morning ! You can do 2 Up days together but you are not supposed to do 2 DD 's together because you don't want your body going into starvation mode and holding on to its fat reserves.

Well I have really enjoyed my up day today, stopped counting calories after 2300 and had curry and chips and a fresh cream scone after, wasn't even really hungry??? It was just the way the day went, good breckie, lunch outwith my mother, made Cupcakes with my DD etc etc. Being honest as to what I have eaten today as it will be interesting to see what effect it will have on weigh in next week. Will stick to under 2000 tomorrow. Not worried about it though as I know I can keep my DDS really low and I think thats the key to this diet. Well weigh in next week will tell?

Sounds like you had a fabulous day :) Isn't that what this diet is about? Enjoy it! x

I am not feeling bad about it, its just like you I want to be honest about what I am eating for anyone who wants to follow the diet. If I have a bit of a stall then it will be because I have overdone my up days not because the diet doesn't work IYSWIM. Will try and make today an intermediate day but I am not concerned as I know I can be very strict on my DD's which I hope will still allow me to lose :fingerscrossed:

Back