Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Well done on the loss :) Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I don't really know what to say xxxx

Down Day today, not feeling like much today yet so thats good I suppose? My Fathers hanging on bless him, spent most of the w/end at the hospital, ate a lot of junk food which was all they really had but it was my up w/end so not really worried about that.
Don't know what my menu will be today? will update later
Okay, my food for today was

Milk for tea 100 cals
toast and salmon spread 140 cals
toast and b.egg 180 cals
pepsi max 8 cals

Total 428 cals

Last edited:
Congrats!

Hello there! I am new to JUDDD and new to this forum. I am starting my first DD tomorrow in hopes to eventually lose 80-90lbs. I have a long journey ahead of me but I hope its not too bad :) I plan on doing mainly low carb, but will have carbs on my Up days for thos special occasions!

Congrats on your weight loss! Very inspiring :D I will be checking back here throughout my journey!

Hi and welcome, nice to have some company over here;) I am loving this diet , my aim is to lose 2lb a week and so far so good, I am an emotional eater and even though I am going through a very emotional time at the moment, I am finding Judd is keeping me on the straight and narrow, I don't even see it as a 'diet' as such anymore its just a way of eating. I have just discovered WW Arrabiata ? spelling its a spicy spaghetti meal 246 cals and Morrisons shepherds pie 217 cals, which are going to be a godsend on my downdays. At the moment I am not counting my calories on up days but keeping below 500 on my down days, I also have 2 up days on the w/ends, as long as I keep losing I will continue to do so, if I stall then I will cut down on my up days. Please let me know how you are getting on and good luck :)

Hi Jo

Well done on sticking to it despite having a difficult time at the moment. I'm thinking of you and your dad at this time x

Hi Jo

Well done on sticking to it despite having a difficult time at the moment. I'm thinking of you and your dad at this time x
Thank you :)
Well I am on a down day today, been at the hospital a lot so not really had time to think about food, but this is my food today

milk for tea 100 cals
toast with salmon spread 150 cals
shep pie ready meal 217 cals

Total 467 cals

Well it should have been a down day today, but I got called to the hosp at 5am as my Father had deteriorated:( stayed at the hosp until t time as he was stable again , ended up having toast whilst there and then a pastie when I came home, just had a choc biscuit and am going to have sausage and mash for tea. I have eaten due to circumstances rather than because this diet is hard IYSWIM.
I will weigh in tomorrow but the best I can hope for is a STS as I will only have had 2 down days this week , just hope I havent gained but we will have to wait and see??

Hiya hun, you're doing well, especially under the circumstances. I know this might sound a bit weird but I really hope that your Father is as well as he can be given the situation. Good luck for the weigh in x

Sorry to hear you had such a hard day Jo. Never mind just call it an up day and keep going.

Hope things are going as well as they can be with your dad - I'm thinking of you x

My Father passed away yesterday :( so I probably won't be around much but I am def not giving up on Juddd its the best diet plan ever , I will be back;)

So sorry Jo. Take as much time as you need and we'll look forward to you posting on here again when you're ready.

Once again, I'm thinking of you at this hard time x

I second what Karen said. Whenever you're ready, we're here - and not just for diet talk! Sending love and hugs your way hun xxx

Okay girls I am back, a bit sooner than I anticipated but due to a problem with my kidneys I am unable to continue on slim and save because of the high protein content. I have to say I am sad about that as I was finding it fairly easy as vlcds go. Anyway as you know I always had 2 up days on a weekend so its not as if I have really failed , just going from one to another, havent much appetite at the moment anyway.
When I got back from the Hosp last night I couldn't sleep and was getting my head into gear for JUDDD I did some googling as a lady I met in the waiting area mentioned Phyllium Husk as a really effective aid when dieting. As I was googling I came across some very interesting articles about it and in a nut shell, its excellent for cleansing your colon, it expands so fills you up, so its a natural appetite suppressant. There is even a formula which contains no calories but all your nutrients and Physillium husk to keep you full it costs £39.99 for a week so passed on that BUT I found PH capsules in Holland and Barratt for £10.00 for 100 capsules and they are included in their penny promotion so 200 for 1p more. I am going to buy some tues (kids inset tomorrow so don't think I can get there tom) plus some muti vits and minerals, to use on Down days to see if they will help keep my cals at a bare minimum. Will let you know how I get along.
So up day today, although I have no appetite and ist down day tom, will more than likely gain this week but I am prepared for that.
Bye for now
Jo x

Thanks Karen :)

Morning, 1st Down day today, unfortunately I am not as prepared as I'd like as the kids have an Inset day so awkward to get into town but I have some apples and as they are neg calories I am going to have some but hopefully nothing else , apart from my milk in my tea which I am also going to limit. Going to have to try and be super good on my DD's this week to try and keep my weight gain in check, due to the nature of vlcd its very likely I am heading for a hefty gain this week but if I am really good I may be able to keep it to a minimum. Will check back later with my total cals.

Good luck for today :) In terms of your weight gain, im sure it will just be your body re-adjusting and it will come right off again...or you may not gain at all you never know!

I hope so xx I am going to buy some phyllium husk capsules tomorrow, I will let you know how I get on with them (they clean your colon out and add bulk so you feel full but have no cals, hoping they will help with down days.
http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-psyllium-husk.html

Back