Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Thank you Jo for your diary and honesty. I am really interested in seeing how you get on with JUDDD as I'm looking into my maintenance options post S&S.

Looking forward to my DD today after a weekend full of social events and therefore lots of food and naughty food at that. I am so glad I am not a daily welgher otherwise I would probably be crying into my cup of tea haha. Will keep my DD 's this week to as low as possible so hopefully I will be back on track. As the weather is 'supposed' to be warming up I will be buying some diet coke and soleros, Soleros are only 98 cals and the ice cream is sooo creamy yum yum. Have a good day all, be back later with a menu update. Oh blinkin eck I have just realised I have left the pushchair in the car, the car is at work with my husband :eek:. Mmmmm not sure what I am going to do now??? Well def won't be going into town this morning now, not sure how I am going to get the kids to School, my little one is 18 mths very heavy she could walk for short periods but we have to walk down a busy main road not sure its a good idea, oh well the trials and tribulations of being a forgetful Mum:rolleyes:

milk allowance 100 cals
slice toast scraping butter 150 cals
1 cup Bovril 10 cals
Ham salad 100 cals (1 slice ham 20 cals, salad leaves 10 cals, salad cream 50 cals approx)

Total 360 cals

Found today quite tough late morning early afternoon but I just kept telling myself its only a day, its only a day and that thought really helps, I have gone past being hungry now, nice cuppa watching TV later and thats my lot :)

Last edited:
So pleased I managed to do well yesterday as I found it quite hard up until teatime, It just became easier then as if I was no longer hungry??
Anyway UP today , off into town this morning as the Sun has decided to come out this week and my little ones need new summer clothes, will have to buy myself a new top or too but really didn't want to until I had lost more weight but I honestly having nothing summery to wear :(
Have a good day all, will update later with my menu for the dayx

Yes I did thanks, I managed to fit into a pair of size 14 cropped jeans that I couldn't do up 2 weeks ago, so very happy. Bought myself 2 tops to go with them and had some lovely bargains for my little ones ;)
Today I have had,
2 slices toast , 2 wholemeal rolls (1 with ham,1 with cheese) new pots, ham, broad beans and egg mayonaise, packet of minstrels
Around about 2200 cals.
Not sure if I have put it anywhere but my allowances are 2208 UP and 442 DD (according to the JUDDD calculator)

Iv never actually calculated mine, maybe I should! Don't know if I could go under 500 though.

I try not to go over 400 on my DD's as I eat all my calories on my up days , so I need to be strict ;)
Well DD today, I struggle a bit when the weather is warm, I tend to eat more, I know a lot of people are the opposite. Not sure what I am going to have today, must keep busy. Will be back later with my menu. Have a good day all x
Okay so today

Milk allowance 100 cals
ham salad (1 slice ham, salad cream, salad leaves) 100 cals
ham salad " " " 100 cals
a few skips and an oven chip! 50 cals

Total 350 cals

Last edited:
Been thinking long and hard what to do about tomorrow? Should be an UP day but we are going to the beach after school on Fri and then BBQ in the evening, Sat got another family BBQ then on Sun hubbie is in work. Usually I would have 2 UP days on Sat and Sun, but I am going to have to do 2 DD in a row, Today and Tomorrow, so That I an have UP days on Fri and Sat and then intermediate Sun and then back to normal next week.
Not sure that makes sense its hard to explain, I know I am not supposed to do 2 DD together but I think its the only way I can get away with UP day on fri then Sat? I usually weigh Sat morning so I will weigh a day early on Fri as then I will be weighing after a DD. Not sure I will have lost this week as it won't be a full week and I ate a lot last weekend thats what will keep me going through another DD tomorrow !!

Hiya sweet, could you not do an intermediate day tomorrow and have your other up day on sunday? I really wouldnt do two DD in a row, you will feel awful and you could really risk a massive binge. x

What's an intermittent day look like?

11 lost : 56 to goal
A intermediate day would be around the cals you would eat if you were cal counting so depending on your 'needs' anywhere between 1000 and 1400 cals x

@ Floss, what am I like , I am always saying don't do 2 DD in a row and here I am suggesting it, I know you are right but I think I need to tell myself is a DD so that I won't slip up big style this way if I do eat more it will turn into an intermediate, does that make sense. Just worried that I might have overdone it at the weekend and a bit afraid to get on the scales tommorow esp if I have an UP today.
Will report back later as to what I have actually done about today, Thanks Hun x

Well have started as a DD as I need to tell my brain that! Meeting my Mum at 11 and we usually have a coffee but we have americanos, so will include that in my milk allowance as I will drink more water than tea today with it being Hot :)
So far

Milk allowance 100 cals
1 slice toast scraping butter 150 cals
2 mini savoury eggs 110 cals
Berry solero yum 90 cals

Todays total 450 cals

Last edited:
I officially love JUDDD I have lost 3lbs this week :banana dancer: and I have weighed in a day early.
UP day today and off to the beach after School today does it get any better xxx

Thankyou :)

Well done sweet! Sounds like your doing fab. Hope you had a lovely day :) x

Thanks Floss, yes we had a really lovely day. Didn't eat as much as I thought I would, So busy getting everything ready so we could go to the beach straight from School , I only had a Roll and 1/2 a packet of crisps. Then at the beach I had another roll and a packet of crisps, then home for a BBQ , 2 pieces chicken, a burger in a bun, some savoury rice, a Crabbies Alcoholic ginger beer and a bowl of clotted cream ice cream. It came to about 2500 cals, more than my allowance but honestly thought it would be more.
Another UP day today as we have a family BBQ and the Olympic torch is coming through our little Town at tea time (Mum is doing a free Cake Stall with the Church so it would be rude not to have one eh lol).
Have a good weekend all x

Morning all, well I have had my 2 UP days for the weekend so today should be intermediate so that I can get back on my Mon, Wed, Fri DD routine, it is so nice to know that you can still enjoy social events like a 'regular' person and still be on track :).

Jo are you exercising much? If so which days are you doing it on? I've tried to find some advice online but can't see anything

14 lost : 53 to goal

in short no lol, I have a pelvic and joint problem that makes traditional exercise virtually impossible but I do walk quite a bit when I can, I am not completely sedentary as I have 5 children the youngest is 18 mths so she keeps me on the go. I think exercising is encouraged on UP days when you will have the energy but not really recommended on DD as you have so few cals on board. Hope that is of some help x

Back