JO'S PREGNANCY JOURNEY!

Went to that appointment to have my pregnancy 'confirmed' and the doctor ended up saying actually - they just take my word for it and then went on to fill out some forms so that Im sent an appointment for my 12 week scan from the hospital and something will come through to say i dont have to pay for medicine for the next year or something. I dunno lol

Ive only just registered with this doctors and to become fully registered I have to have a full checkup on Tuesday and i'll take urine sample then etc. Its only at that point they can even send off those forms from the 'confirmation of pregnancy' appointment so seems like it was a bit pointless lol

5 weeks 4 days today..looking forward to getting to 6 weeks on Sunday

X

It's a right waste of time! I'm still waiting for my exemption card. You get free dental too so make the most of it! Get paracetamol on repeat prescription too so you can save them up for when you don't have to pay!

I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes this week. Gutted :-(

Oh nooo, did you have any signs before you were diagnosed with gestation diabetes? They say it goes back to normal usually after pregnancy doesnt it?

I seriously wish this first 12 weeks would hurry up lol It seems to be taking soooooooooo looonnnnggggggg. I suppose it makes it worse when you're counting down every day!

X

No signs apart from a raging thirst and wee'ing lots but you expect that don't you? Just my booking in bloods with midwife showed high sugar then I had to have a glucose intolerance test. Have to test my blood sugar 4 x a day now for rest of pregnancy. May need insulin too. Anyway on the plus side I get loads of extra scans later on. Shame I couldn't blag one now!!!

10 weeks on Sunday..........!

Extra scans are definitely a plus! But that does suck to have to do all that the whole way through your pregnancy. It will all be worth it in the end though and then everything should go back to normal afterwards..fingers crossed.

Im 6 weeks today...on my way to 7 weeks now :p Want the time to go quicker...just going soooo sllooooowwww!

Ive developed another symptom...cant really taste my food at the moment.

XX

Can't think of a worse thing than losing taste! We are exactly 4 weeks apart. I'm 10 weeks today. Feel like I've hit a milestone being in double figures but still sloooooooooow!

Only a few weeks until your first scan!! Bet you're well excited! I know I would be :)

Are you going to find out what you're having at your 20 week scan?

X

I really couldnt handle waiting lol I HAVE to know. Plus...I dont wanna not find out and then people buy plain baby stuff because they dont know what colours to get etc Meh!

I dont know how anyone doesnt find out lol I cant stand surprises :p

X

Haha! I love wondering! I'm just assuming its another girl. But I was convinced she was a boy!! We even had a 4 D scan and didn't find out, had to get the bum bits edited out of DVD!!!

lol Awwwwww, so couldnt they find out at the 20 week scan? I suppose if the baby is in a certain position they cant see properly?

Im back to work today adter a week and a half off work and Im feeling it already lol I dont know how Im gunna get through these days at work - Im so shattered. Just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end :-D 6 weeks, 3 days today. Im slowly getting there, but BOY is it going slow!

I hope time starts to speed up, although Im sure it will fly now Im back at work *she hopes* haha

Ive been having quite a bit of heartburn/acid reflux and today was the first day that I felt like I might actually physically be sick. I went and got my sandwich though and started taking very small bites and that made me feel better

X

I also HAVE to start eating healthier - Im putting on too much weight too quickly lol Knowing me I could put 3 stone on just in the next few months.

I really have to stop and think that its not an excuse to eat whatever I want just because Im pregnant, in fact - eating heathier will probably help with the heartburn Im hoping

So Im 7 weeks tomorrow. Been feeling a bit like a zombie and keep getting light headed and feint so I went to the doctors on Friday. He took my blood pressure and then signed me off work for one week. I presume my blood pressure was low but he didnt actually say..!

Its nice to be able to relax for a week, I was panicking about how I was going to cope feeling the way I do at the moment

Anyways, onwards and upwards...going to stay at home as much as possible and just relax

X

So Im 7 weeks tomorrow. Been feeling a bit like a zombie and keep getting light headed and feint so I went to the doctors on Friday. He took my blood pressure and then signed me off work for one week. I presume my blood pressure was low but he didnt actually say..!

Its nice to be able to relax for a week, I was panicking about how I was going to cope feeling the way I do at the moment

Anyways, onwards and upwards...going to stay at home as much as possible and just relax

X

Does yr work know u are preg??
Hope u relax and feel better soon!! Xx

Hope you feel better soon Hun. I had a day off last week and just one day did me the world of good ?

Thanks :) Problem is...anytime I go out of the house and move around too much it seems to leave me light headed etc and when Im driving its especially not good really. I will probs make another doctors appointment this week and directly ask how my blood pressure is doing. Just want to know if thats actually what it is as Im presuming so

Back