Syns: 1.5ish
Ingredients:
1/3 pack potato Gnocchi
3 slices of lean bacon, sliced
80g peas
15 g light cheddar cheese (can be out of your healthy extra a) - grated
1 red onion - finely sliced

1 Cook the gnocchi according the packet instructions

2 Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion and after the bacon has gone crispy and the onion has gone brown, add in the peas and continue to stir fry for around 4-5 minutes.

3 Remove the bacon mix from the pan and add the gnocchi. Pan fry for around 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.

4 Add all ingredients back into the pan and stir together

5 Put in a bowl and season with cheddar cheese

If you've never tasted diet coke chicken you're truly missing out. Diet coke, when reduced produces a sweet, sticky almost BBQ like sauce and totally syn free. There's a few Diet Coke Chicken Recipes on here but here's mine. Sometimes I serve with Sw chips. Other times savoury rice or just a nice salad.....here's the recipe for the chicken:

Syns 0

Ingredients for one

1 Chicken breast diced
1 can of diet coke or Pepsi
1 small red onion sliced
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
Splash of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp passata (or squirt of ketchup - remember to syn)

1 sear the chicken whilst frying the red onions in a bit of fry light

2 once seared, add the coke, chilli flakes, vinegar and passata

3 simmer until the liquid begins to reduce into a sticky sauce. This will take a good half hour but when it starts to reduce it does it pretty quickly

4 serve however you choose

If you've never tasted diet coke chicken you're truly missing out. Diet coke, when reduced produces a sweet, sticky almost BBQ like sauce and totally syn free. There's a few Diet Coke Chicken Recipes on here but here's mine. Sometimes I serve with Sw chips. Other times savoury rice or just a nice salad.....here's the recipe for the chicken:

Syns 0

Ingredients for one

1 Chicken breast diced
1 can of diet coke or Pepsi
1 small red onion sliced
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
1 tbsp passata (or squirt of ketchup - remember to syn)

1 sear the chicken whilst frying the red onions in a bit of fry light

2 once seared, add the coke, chilli flakes, vinegar and passata

3 simmer until the liquid begins to reduce into a sticky sauce. This will take a good half hour but when it starts to reduce it does it pretty quickly

4 serve however you choose
I may have to try that soon sounds really yummy.
Will be trying a few other recipes too thanks for posting.

Pan Fried Gnocchi with Bacon and Peas

Syns: 1.5ish
Ingredients:
1/3 pack potato Gnocchi
3 slices of lean bacon, sliced
80g peas
15 g light cheddar cheese (can be out of your healthy extra a) - grated
1 red onion - finely sliced

1 Cook the gnocchi according the packet instructions

2 Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion and after the bacon has gone crispy and the onion has gone brown, add in the peas and continue to stir fry for around 4-5 minutes.

3 Remove the bacon mix from the pan and add the gnocchi. Pan fry for around 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.

4 Add all ingredients back into the pan and stir together

5 Put in a bowl and season with cheddar cheese

is the gnocchi not synned? I have a packet lurking in the freezer I will use to do this one. Thanks!

Tuna and Lemon Pasta

Yesterday morning I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer to defrost for tea. I went to the cinema straight from work and needed a "quick fix" tea for when I got in that wasn't the usual tired "tuna pasta". I scoured the net for inspiration as I do so frequently and came across the idea of tuna and lemon pasta. I fiddled with the recipe to make it suit my tastes and the end results were better than I could have hoped!

This is a really light, tasty, make it in about 10 minutes meal, that you can double the batch of and use for lunch the next day! If you're not overly keen on lemon you can cut back or try it with orange/lime

Ingredients:
1 tin of tuna (I use in spring water but any is fine)
75g pasta
Couple of handfuls of frozen green beans
1 tsp of lemon juice
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 pinch of chilli flakes
Chopped garlic (as much or as little as you'd like)
Salt and Pepper

1 Cook some pasta for around 8 minutes in salted water. After 8 minutes add the green beans and cook for a further three minutes

2 Whilst the pasta and green beans are cooking prepare the tuna by draining it and tipping it into a bowl. Break it up with a fork and then stir in the grated lemon zest, lemon juice, chilli flakes and balsamic vinegar. Once mixed together season well with black pepper.

3 Drain the pasta and beans and then return to the pan. Add the tuna mix and stir them together then serve.

Attachments

• image-630707932.jpg
    image-630707932.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 82
Chicken and Bacon Sunshine Salad

Syns : roughly 1 - 1.5

I know I know...a salad is just a salad but I felt I had to share this. This was initially inspired by the Paprika Chicken Salad which I ate for months on end in the Beefeater in Nottingham in a bid to eat healthily whilst working away. I loved it that much that I was more than happy to eat it four nights a week for months and I still make a version of it to this day...naturally you'll mix it up to suit your own preferences however everyone makes their salad differently and it's always nice to get some inspiration for how you can pep up an often samey dish. I call it "sunshine salad" because it's a really brightly coloured salad because of the pineapple, sweetcorn and carrot. The BBQ sauce drizzle makes a really interesting change from traditional salad dressings as well but if you want to stick to no syns, use balsamic vinegar instead.

Ingredients:
Mixed leaf salad
1 small carrot - grated
1 red onion - diced
1 slice of fresh pineapple - cut into chunks
2 heaped tbsp sweetcorn
20g grated lighter cheddar (optional)
2 slices of fat free bacon (if you're keeping it healthy...)
1 chicken breast
2 tsp paprika
BBQ sauce to serve

1 Coat the chicken breast lightly in paprika - fry in either a grill pan or on a George Foreman for around 10 minutes

2 Whilst the chicken is cooking, fry the bacon in fry light until really crispy, turning occasionally. This will take almost as long as the chicken

3 Prepare the salad while the chicken and bacon are cooking.

4 Once the bacon is finished, fold in greaseproof paper and bash with a rolling pin to make crispy bacon pieces

5 Slice the chicken breast once cooked through. Place on top of the salad then top with the bacon bits and cheese.

6 drizzle over BBQ sauce to serve.

Attachments

• image-1045097950.jpg
    image-1045097950.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 89
Chilli Prawn and Garlic Spaghetti

This is a recipe I've adapted from Rachel Allen who is probably my favourite home cook. Everything she makes is so simple yet full of flavour and certainly appeals to my taste buds! As with everything, I've made this a touch healthier than the initial recipe by removing things like butter, which no doubt makes it more tasty, but does result in hidden calories...

Ingredients
80-100g small cooked prawns (dependent on appetite)
70g spaghetti
1 red chilli - finely diced
Juice of half a lemon
1 garlic clove squashed
1.5 tsp dried parsley Salt and pepper to taste

1 Cook the spaghetti as per instructions

2 Fry the chilli, garlic and prawns in fry light/olive oil for 5-7 minutes or until golden.

3 Drain the spaghetti and add to the prawn mix, stirring in the parsley.

4 Mix in together then stir in the lemon juice.

Attachments

• image-511178088.jpg
    image-511178088.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 89
Back