1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Jo's Sliimimg World Journey

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by sloanranger57, 20 June 2014 Social URL.

1. sloanranger57

sloanranger57 Well-Known Member

Hiya everyone who reads and thank you for doing so. A bit about myself (in short)

My name is Jo (female) and I live in the North East of England. I work permanent night shift on a 4 on 4 off basis. I have insomnia, so this works well for me. Worked nights for 18yr now. I have no children at home and lots of spare time. Love cooking, gardening, walking and going out to lovely places with a picnic. More to come as I go on with my diary.

I have yo you dieted for the last 20yrs. All down to my content life stye (second marriage) first one was mega stressful. And the fact that I lurrrv food lol. I had tried SW a very long time ago when they only had red and green, but hated having to keep meat and carbs separate or limited. I had heard how that is now not the case, so decided last Thursday to join my local class, which is 10min walk from my door. I was amazed to say the least at the amount of food I was able to eat and as I am grazer/snacker it was just to good to be true. I was scared to get weighed at home during the week, as I had eaten that much.
    Last night was my first weigh in and I had dropped 4lbs, so I am well happy to say the least. Have I finally come across the perfect eating plan.

I hope to get in here daily and update my ramblings, have a fabulous day

Jo x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Well-Known Member

Good luck on your journey, you're off to a fab start :)

4. sloanranger57

Thank you Rae Rae, you have done amazing, hope my reads similar soon x

5. sloanranger57

I have been out for the day, took a picnic of noodles, prawns, cherry tomatoes and Worcestershire Sauce, sweet was stawberries and muller light. So 6.30 and no syns yet.

Jo x

6. Crafty Girl

Crafty Girl Well-Known Member

Good luck on your journey and welcome to minimins.

7. sloanranger57

Hiya Carol, thank you for your post. You are doing fabulous, well done

Jo x

8. sloanranger57

Day 10, first time I have used more that half a dozen syns.........just had to have a sandwich, with 2 slices of big bread. But i enjoyed it and didnt break my new eating plan, so well pleased with myself. Bread was on top of my daily allowance so syned it x

9. sloanranger57

Day 11 and all is well. Seem to be losing my appetite a bit, not looking around to see what I can munch on. Not that I am complaining.

I go away on holiday on sunday and I am determined to keep this going, I may use more syns than I usually do but I am not going back to cake, biscuits, crisps etc. If I am going to syn at a higher level, I will still try to choose the best That is on offer

10. sloanranger57

13 days in and not a lot to be said, all going well, lots of yummy food. Weigh in no 2 tomorrow night

Jo x

11. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Well-Known Member

Good luck for weigh in, you sound so positive which is fab xx

12. Missjodielb

Missjodielb Well-Known Member

Hi Jo how did you do ?

13. BubblesAnseo

BubblesAnseo Well-Known Member

Here to subscribe goodluck on your journey xxx

14. sloanranger57

Hello, just back off my holidays, my last weigh in, which was a week gone Thursday I had last 1/2lb. Did nothing different to week I lost 4lbs. But I know our bodies are a law unto then selves, so onward I go. Jumped on the scale this morning and after 8 days away, I have gained 2lbs. I am happy with that. So tomorrow its back at it and see what Thursdays weigh in is

Jo x

15. BubblesAnseo

Wow thats very good well done!!! xxxx

16. sloanranger57

Back into SW no problem, I find it such a fabulous way to eat. Brilliant for me as I am a grazer rather than a meal eater, so lots I can just pop in my mouth. Have not been back on the scales, I will wait until weigh in day.

17. BubblesAnseo

What day is your weigh in day :) xx