Step 1 Sole Source Josey's Journal

Josey

Hello!

After a week or so of visiting this site I have decided to start a diary. Eek!

I haven't actually started the CWP yet (I am booked in for Saturday the 2nd) but I thought I'd get organised! I started cutting back on carbs as of yesterday to try and ease my way into the shock that will be bidding farewell to bread and sugar! I have been reading the stickies, your threads and diaries, and looking at some of the AMAZING before and after photos; I am so inspired by all of you, and I'm really looking forward to getting started.

I'll just quickly get my introduction out of the way:

I am 33 years old, and, like many of you, I seem to have made dieting into a life-long hobby! Exhausting! After years of yo-yoing, I reached my heaviest weight of 16st 6lbs in January 2012. I was devastated and decided to join Weight Watchers online. To my great surprise I committed to it whole-heartedly (for once) and by August 2012 I was down to 12st 5lbs and wearing a size 14 instead of the size 20's in which I had started the year. I had desperately wanted to get to my target weight of 10st 10lbs; however, I started to take my foot off the accelerator... I plateaued for a few months, but since last Christmas the pounds have been creeping back on. I am currently 13st 9lbs and wearing a size 16. My wardrobe full of lovely size 14 clothes glares at me judgementally every morning! Sob... I have tried to get back on the WW wagon, but I keep slipping off. I feel like I am suffering from a bad case of 'Diet Fatigue'! (And weak willpower too, of course...)
So... A good friend of mine has recently had great success on the CWP, and she recommended that I give it a go. I researched it online, and, as I said, found this site and was so inspired by what I was reading. I'm going to give it my all and hope that I can lose what I've gained and maybe, just MAYBE, get to that oh-so-illusive target weight!

If you are reading this, thank you for indulging me. I aim to post often during my journey, mostly to keep my own head straight (!), but any advice or tips will always be welcome, and I look forward to keeping up with all your diaries!

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Jx

Hi J!

A big big welcome and well done on starting a diary. It's so helpful to stay on track and appeal for some support when your having a weak day!

I'm only on day 5 of the diet but enjoying it. I weighed in last Tuesday at 14st 1lb and hoping to reach 10st by March. (Eek!)

So glad we have another lovely lady joining us :) Oh and cutting carbs early is a good idea!

Lauren x

hi there
you are doing it the correct way its all got to help, wishing you every success and you never know the size 14 may stop glaring and be replaced by the very sexy 12s or even their smaller cousins:)
jx

Dear Lauren and Skydragon,

Thank you so much for writing!

Lauren, good luck for your weigh-in on Tuesday. I'll be fascinated to see how you get on, as we're such a similar weight. Have had a wee read of you diary - it must feel great to think you'll never need to be anywhere NEAR a size 18 in anything! It seems on this diet that you'll be seeing those size 10's again before very long! I'll look forward to keeping track of your journey.

Skydragon, ah.... size 12's.. or even *whispers it* size 10's. I can barely imagine it! I saw in your diary (not stalking both of you, promise!) that you lost 11.5lbs in your first week? You must have been ecstatic?! Wow. And you have continued to do amazingly well - if I can do half as well, I'll be over the moon.

Ok, girls, over and out for now. Have a great Monday!

Josey x

hi there
the first week loss is such a big boost it is so worth sticking to it 100%, it is a tough week physically so be prepared for early nights and just take it easy, if you can. the headaches, cramps, hunger do pass and lots of folks then find they have more energy. i had been trying for months to shift the excess weight before and nothing was helping (because i was being a greedy leetle piggy and spoiling any efforts) this diet gave me the break i needed, so pleased i tried it. im feeling happy looking in the mirror noticing wee changes instead of feeling like a frumpy chunky monkey. im a real apple shape and its not lovely having a wedding cake shaped tummy, still a victoria sponge hanging around but its soooo much easier to disguise!
i would have one treat day and make it special before you knuckle down, doesn t have to be high calorie just tastes you love.
right thats time for work so best get going, although its only til 12 so might even take a trip to the gym for a bit of walking on the treadmill (we ll see:))
jx

Hi!

I can totally empathise with self-sabotaging any dieting efforts! And, as you perfectly put it, I think I "need a break" from food. I don't presume for one second that this eating plan is going to be piece of cake (pardon the analogy!) but I'm so tired of going round in circles, constantly thinking of what I have or haven't eaten!

It sounds like it's been a big success for you. Feeling happy when I look in the mirror is EXACTLY what I'm striving for (and to be as healthy as possible too, of course!).

I hope you enjoyed your walking, if you made it! I'm a wee bit lackIng in energy today - I've had two boiled eggs for breakfast and a chicken salad for lunch - already suffering slightly from withdrawing carbs these last couple of days. (A small taste of what's to come,I suppose! Eek!)

Congrats on your "victoria sponge", it will be an extremely "flat pancake" before you know it. ;)

Josey x

your pre diet effort is fab, im pretty sure you ll be feeling more in control already and that always helps to give you a boost. your efforts now will make going into ketosis easier on the body. prepare to be checking out the mirror quite regularly it comes off nice and quick, my collar bones are back with a vengeance :)
jx

Oh, to see my collar bones! That must be lovely!

Yeah, I do feel a little bit more in control. Sugar and I have a love/hate relationship, so it will be good to have it out of my system before Saturday. Tough though!

You can't have much left to lose?

Josey x

Hi josie
Today for me is day 1... All seems ok, really fancied just one chip off the kiddies plate. Im on ss+. And found the soup to be the best. I made my last shake into a muffin which helped amazingly as im not really a shake person.

hi
11 pounds to go till idea (for me ) target. if you id said to me before i started that id even be contemplating getting back into the 10s by the end of the year id of snorted i your face! i feel like im back in control and knowing that i ve had time out too makes me believe that i can transition to food this over a longer period.
im a real sugar addict( actually if its got a calorie im pretty addicted) but have been surprised that its not been my biggest miss this diet has been an eye opener.
the boards here are a great source of support and on those days you feel a bit less strong its good to touch base here. do you have a plan of action for how long you plan to do the diet yourself?
jx

The feeling of being back in control must be priceless? After having spent most of last year firmly "in the zone" losing 4 stones, I have felt truly horrendous watching the stone I've gained drip back on. (I talk as if it was something outside my control. It was, of course, only me
eating more and moving less!)

Gosh, only 11lbs to go? You must be so excited! Just amazing. I suppose I have always wanted to get to 10st 10lbs - I guess that, based on other people's experiences, it could take around 3 months? It's my birthday in six weeks, though, so that's a mini goal. 1.5 stone gone by then would be WONDERFUL.

When is your weigh-in day? Apologies if I've missed it on another thread; I'll have a good scroll through on here later today!

Have a good Tuesday.

Josey x

The feeling of being back in control must be priceless? After having spent most of last year firmly "in the zone" losing 4 stones, I have felt truly horrendous watching the stone I've gained drip back on. (I talk as if it was something outside my control. It was, of course, only me
eating more and moving less!)

Gosh, only 11lbs to go? You must be so excited! Just amazing. I suppose I have always wanted to get to 10st 10lbs - I guess that, based on other people's experiences, it could take around 3 months? It's my birthday in six weeks, though, so that's a mini goal. 1.5 stone gone by then would be WONDERFUL.

When is your weigh-in day? Apologies if I've missed it on another thread; I'll have a good scroll through on here later today!

Have a good Tuesday.

Josey x

it s been a mixed bag today but mainly really chuffed
firstly got on the scales this am and saw 10st 13 and a quarter pounds obviously this is my just out of bed weight but woop woop
2nd managed to get my hair done as they had a spare appt at short notice
but 3rd parking ticket on the car as it took longer than i thought and i was enjoying the banter so much never noticed the time, oh well parking attendant you can t spoil my day!
have a successful day
jx

10 stone-something! You must be jumping for joy! Good for you.

You hair sounds lovely (from your reply on you diary) a well-deserved treat. As for the parking ticket, you're right not to let it sap your good mood!

I went for a coffee with friends earlier, and I would have sold my granny for a cake or sugar in coffee! Still no carbs since Saturday though, so I'm hoping it will help cushion the blow when I start CWP on Saturday. One good thing is, I already drink at least 4 litres of water a day. My mother has always said I'm like a basking shark and even had me tested for diabetes because I was always thirsty! So at least I have one good CWP tool already in place!

Hope you're planning a nice night-out to show off your new hair and size 30 jeans!

Josey x

Hi ladies,

Glad your doing well J on cutting your carbs. It really will help! Can't wait to have you on the plan and see all those lbs being lost!!

Sounds like you are doing fantastically skydragon! Oh to see the 10s on my scales!

x

Morning!

I can't wait to start either! Saturday can't come quickly enough.

Lauren, I've just seen that you lost 9.5lbs??? AH-MAZING!!! You must feel great?!

I'm feeling so inspired by you all.

Have a great Wednesday.

Josey x

Morning!

I can't wait to start either! Saturday can't come quickly enough.

Lauren, I've just seen that you lost 9.5lbs??? AH-MAZING!!! You must feel great?!

I'm feeling so inspired by you all.

Have a great Wednesday.

Josey x

Yep! 9 1/4 to be exact - really happy! I feel even more motivated this week than my first week! Can't wait to step on those scales again - done think I've ever said that before! x

Good for you, Lauren! It's hard to imagine the scales being a friend instead of a foe! Gosh, if I get anywhere near 9.25 lbs in my first week, I'll be dancing in the streets!

Jx

do you know if you ve lost anything this week with your carb detox? you ll need to add that in to your losses if you have. it ll be sat before you know it. one thing get some breath spray before hand. i found i ending up with quite a horrible taste ( diet side effect) so you have a counter measure thats available on the go

jx

Morning!

Well.... I hadn't weighed myself for a couple of weeks, and I had a TERRIBLE week food-wise last week (one of the many things that made me email my soon-to-be Cambridge counsellor on Saturday, I felt completely out of control.) Anyway, I was too scared too weigh myself on Monday! However, I did this morning and I was 13st 11. YIKES!!!! Imagine what I must have been before I started detoxing from carbs?! I'm a bit blue about it, tbh, but I can't really do more about it than I'm doing right now. Saturday is a new chapter.

Excellent tip re: the breath spray! How are you getting on? All well?

Jx

that out of control feeling was what spurred me on and im so glad i did,so turn that frown upside down;)your addressing it now and thats the important thing. i am contenting myself if i hadnt started the cambridge what size would i have been following the xmas excess?

im really good feeling well, ketosis is settling and staying on course

have a great day
jx

Back