josies atkins journey

hi mo, we going to orlando, to disney, been before but never in the summer so bit scared that its going be too hot!! first time we went in may an that was hot, next time went i feb and that was ok but it rained!!
where you living at the minute? id love to live in usa you lucky thing
Jo x

Hiya Jo.. I live in Italy now. Been here for about 3 years. I lived in Mexico for 3 years and Turkey for 2 1/2 years and all over the US. After University I moved to Seattle to work for the Mircosoft and moved around a lot with them..

The US is nice depending on where you go. I like the west and midwest the most because if you love nature like I do then it's heaven. I'm going to buy a house in arizona in the next couple of years, it's breath-taking out there and the dakotas and wyoming.. so much to see.. I'm a true southern girl born in south carolina but raised in s florida and had a 100% native american grandmother who lived in south carolina and she loved the land an taught me so much, I actually went and stayed a few days on a reservation :D.. also my grandfather her husband was half britsh and african( his mother was from w. african and father from outside of surrey) so it was interesting growing up with such a mixed family and the cultures and plus my father was born in the dominican rep. until he was 3/4 yrs old so it was cool growing up. my family is a the united nations we are so many colors and mixes it's crazy. my uncle is very very dark and has these olive green eyes and straight hair LOL..then my cousin is the same color as me married a scottish man and her son is completely white with red hair and green eyes but looks just like her LOL.. but it's nice..

Honestly in July it will be hot and humid and also when it rains, it's even worse. feel like a sauna and often in the summer a quick summer shower will pop up out of no where then return right back to clear and even hotter. Disney World is nice but more for the kids, that damn mouse has everything. Universal studios is cool though. when exactly in july will you be there,because I may be there. One of my best friends is having a baby and I'm going to be the godmother so I was going to see them in July for the baptism and etc.. she's due any day now.. maybe we could meet up.. just bring a lot of cool clothes and drink plently of water.. your kids will love disney world it's really for them :D

hi mo,
WOW, how exciting and fun has your life been, we will be in florida from the 29th july for 2 weeks it would be fab to meet up if you there then. im really looking forward to it as the older 2 boys have been before but the twin havnt so cant wait to see their faces it will be magical:)

ive been to the west usa, to san francisco and vegas ( which is my favorite place on earth lol, o proper grown up disney world) but i would love to travel all over the usa. me and darren my partner were supoosed to be going to vegas 14th feb to get married but have had to cancel as i still dont know what this pain is i have and was a bit scared to go until im sorted out so we probs going go dec instead!!

day 21 for me now ive been doing the atkins woe for 3 weeks and havnt strayed once this is truly amazing for me as i never normally last this long without a little blip(normally a huge binge!!)
im due to weigh in tomorrow and even if i havnt lost im still happy with the choice ive made in atkins a it seems like it was actually made for me, all my favorite foods are allowed it is great:D

i cant believe that i havent had any cravings for bread as this was my worse food for cravings in the past and if i had any it would lead to a masive masive pig out!!! dont feel like i will eat it again ever which is fab isnt it:)
hope everyone is feeling great,

Jo xx

Morning Jo. That must have been fun playing with the kids. :)

Hi jo vegas is a disneyland and fantasy land etc. for adults LOL.. I like the landscape in those parts..

We'll stay in touch because if I'm there why not meet up? I think you'll reach your goal before you go.. Keep doing what you are doing.. Atkins does stop the cravings that's for sure and sometimes you are puzzled why a piece 0f cake isn't tempting anymore when in the past you would have ate it without thinking, well at least for me. I never was a sweet tooth in the beginning but after low carbing and atkins I'm really not a sweet or cake fan :)

hi folks,
jim it was great playing in the snow they (little ones ) loved it, mammy and daddy however were very cold lol.
laura i hope i do lose for holiday but at my weigh in this morning i stayed the same nevermind though im sure it will come off soon ive still lost 13lb since new year so thats a plus ( 8 1/2lb by doing atkins:D:D:D)

well guys now for my day, charlis one of the twins had to go into hospital today for bilateral squint surgery everything went well and hes fine, but after putting a brave face on all day and sticking with atkins , my eldest son has just come in with a box of thorntons choccys for me, how lovely eh?? bit ive only gone and blinkin ate 7 of them with 8 carbs in each and thats on top of my 15 already today so im SICK, i will ahve knocked myself out of ketosis and have to go back through those awful headaches etc:(

i hate myself for this why why why????
think ill draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow.there is one positive though cos in the past if i had anything off limits that would be it an i would start a massive binge but im not going to!!

well , it must have been stress from charlies op and its not going to happen again!!

today ive had

B- shake and bar
L- cheese and slice pork
D- homemade thai chicken curry 15carbs

AND about 7 or 8 blinkin awful thorntons chocs!!!!!!!

hope you all well,

bye for now a very sick Jo xx

Don't worry get back on track tomorrow & you'll be back in ketosis by weds! Maybe a touch of carb withdrawal tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed them. x

Ah, we've all been there Jo, the important thing is to put it behind you and get back on the straight and narrow love.

Jo it's like that.. you crave or want something because you can't have it then when you do eat it, it's like what was all the fuss about..

Its the guilt I feel afterwards! Get back on track and step away from the chocs! :D

Same here Laura, the next day is a bit rough, but that's the carbs still in your body.

hi everyone
thanks for all your words of encouragment, im back to atkins woe today and i didnt turn the thorntons episode into a full blown binge:)

you are all so right, had the chocs , thought not as nice as i thought theyd be then felt guilty then just got a huge headache:( but today ive been ok and feeling a little cold now with slight headache so may be going back into ketosis, fingers crossed anyway:D

im back at work tomorrow been off a while due to this blinkin pain, so im wondering what to take for lunch??? may just take some cheese and a bar .

today charlie who had his op yesterday has been off nursery and is back to his normal self which is good:D his eyes look awful and sore but hes not complaining of any pain. i tell you what though what a doddle it was looking after 1 2yr old instead of 2!!!!

hope everyone well,

a more happy Jo xx

Hey Jo

Glad to hear you are back up and going. Just a wee blip and behind you now.

Glad to hear Charlie OK too aw bless him.

Y

1/2 the trouble there Jo. LOL

Hi Jo, just flicking through your diary - I have a 2 year old boy too, I cannot imagine what twins are like!! I do have a nine month old too but he is no trouble by comparison. you seem to be doing very well on Atkins - well done on your losses so far.

hi there everyone
hope everyone ok. i havnt been on here much since going back to work but have been ok with atkins woe. did find it difficult at work though as just wasnt prepared at all so have ended up taking 2 mini cheeses, a bar and pepperoni thingy and just drinking loads of water and decaff.
i was laughing the other day as im a school nurse and one of my schools is the one my eldest sons go to ) and i was doing a health ed lesson about smoking, alcohol and drugs and a bit of healthy eating for some of the kids in his year and one of them is adams best friend and we got talking about healthy eating and exercie and this girl said to me ' miss , are you doing that atkins diet thing the one that makes you stink of burgers!!!' how funny is that and how weird that theyve heard of the diet. i couldnt really say much about it to them but i got my message across about sugar and to avoid it as much as they could , they were amazed at how many things had sugar in which they didnt know about.anyway the session went well and the burger smelling nurse went home ha ha( could get a bit paranoid in this job like )

think im going have a little glass of wine tonight and im out tomorrow but still hoping for a loss on monday after a sts last week,

well time to pick up the two little angels from nursery catch you later

Jo xx

LOL, now that made me laugh Jo, burger smelling nurse. LMAO

Back